Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest car rental

• 30-06-2013 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Can anyone suggest a cheap car rental place, other than hertz etc, are there any smaller companies out there

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I can get you a discount with some of the major brands, if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 meowski

Sully wrote: »

Discounts always help! I need to,hire a car for August bank holiday, have a wedding in Sligo but my banger won't make it.that far

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

Check www.autoeurope.com to see whether they can accomodate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭ex_infantry

call out to pat hennessy in kilmeaden he'll have cheap run around

• Registered Users Posts: 4 invizigoth1

Hi Sully

I saw your message about a discount on car rentals. Any chance you can help me out with a car too. That really would be great !

Abhilash
    <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Hi Sully

I saw your message about a discount on car rentals. Any chance you can help me out with a car too. That really would be great !

Abhilash

Done! Also, I removed your mobile number to ensure no randomer starts calling you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 arungeorge82

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sully View Post

Hi Sully,
    Could you please get me the discount code as well. looking to rent a car in september for 3 days.

regards,
    Aron

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sully View Post

Hi Sully,
    Could you please get me the discount code as well. looking to rent a car in september for 3 days.

regards,
    Aron

Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭bookworms

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can rent a people carrier for 6 weeks. Anywhere I have looked online are so expensive.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 10 gavmancars

Hi would you send me on the discount code please. Thks in advance
    Gav

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭south

would this discount code work in the likes of Portugal ?

south wrote: »
    would this discount code work in the likes of Portugal ?

Ireland only but I can give you contact details for a guy I call to get pricing when abroad, works for a company which compares prices. He is based in the UK but would call, I can PM you his email?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Hey Sully... any chance of a discount? I need an auto for the month of October and the rental companies want to sell me one... well that's what I presume from the prices. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭south

Ireland only but I can give you contact details for a guy I call to get pricing when abroad, works for a company which compares prices. He is based in the UK but would call, I can PM you his email?

Do sure. I'm not sure if I'll go down that road yet or just use a transfer. Thanks

gavmancars wrote: »
    Hi would you send me on the discount code please. Thks in advance
    Gav
    Gosub wrote: »
    Hey Sully... any chance of a discount? I need an auto for the month of October and the rental companies want to sell me one... well that's what I presume from the prices. :D
    south wrote: »
    Do sure. I'm not sure if I'll go down that road yet or just use a transfer. Thanks

PMs sent.

Sorry for the delay!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Hi Sully,

Hate to use you like this, looking to rent a car in December during xmas for a few days and I'm looking at a bomb for a feckin Ford KA.. any chance I could give the code a go as well please?

Thanks a mill in advance ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Always find these guys great ! Local company ran by local people ! Always willing to cut a deal aswell if it's long term.

http://www.southeastcarhire.com/cars.html

Ask for Dave he's always more than helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Frank_Leach

bear1 wrote: »
    Hi Sully,

Hate to use you like this, looking to rent a car in December during xmas for a few days and I'm looking at a bomb for a feckin Ford KA.. any chance I could give the code a go as well please?

Thanks a mill in advance ;)

I have the exact same problem...
    Want a car for a week, to pick up anywhere in Dublin and return to Dublin aswell. mad stupid prices from high street companies...anyone any other options?
    That discount code...is it still floating around?
    Or failing that, any other options gratefully accepted. Full licence, plenty of experience in Ireland, hope for christmas and a car would be nice..

I have the exact same problem...
    Want a car for a week, to pick up anywhere in Dublin and return to Dublin aswell. mad stupid prices from high street companies...anyone any other options?
    That discount code...is it still floating around?
    Or failing that, any other options gratefully accepted. Full licence, plenty of experience in Ireland, hope for christmas and a car would be nice..

Sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭djb85

Sent!

Sully, apologies for digging up an old thread but looking to hire a car in Dublin or Waterford in July. Is that discount code still working?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Minister

Hi lads,

I need to rent a transit size van for the bank holiday weekend.. Anyone know somewhere with good value?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Do you need a credit card to rent a van from SouthEastCarHire?

djb85 wrote: »
    Sully, apologies for digging up an old thread but looking to hire a car in Dublin or Waterford in July. Is that discount code still working?

Any codes available are here; http://www.discovertramore.ie/gettingaround

Price around even with the discount though, some work out cheaper.

:)

Advertisement