Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UL or UCC for GEM as a NSB?

• 23-06-2020 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello guys.

I’m just wondering could anyone provide me with some wisdom! I’m a non science backgrounder and I’m trying to decide where to do grad med. My GAMSAT score means that I (should hopefully!) have a chance at getting admitted into UCD or RCSI but I’m trying to decide what college to place next.

I’d really appreciate if someone could provide me with some info as to the general pros and cons of UL vs UCC, I have read loads about this but there isn’t much advice out there that’s specific to non science backgrounders.

More specific questions would be;

As a non science backgrounder, is there a tangible difference between didactic teaching vs PBL?
    Is Limerick very focused on training GP’s and is it a disadvantage for someone not planning on being a GP?
    Is the lack of access to cadavers in Limerick a big deal in terms of training?

Is there a more welcoming social life in one college over the other?

Thanks a million for your help and wishing you all the best if you’re applying for 2020!

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement