Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bookies reopening

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Bar one in Galway open for bets and stuff. Can't go inside though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭RivetingRoger

LuasSimon wrote: »
    Bar Ones head office is in Crossmaglen , South Armagh which isn't cover by any jurisdiction so they do their own thing

No, it's in Dundalk

Andrew00 wrote: »
    Bar one in Galway open for bets and stuff. Can't go inside though

Bar Ones on limerick open

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Bar one in Clonmel are open. They have the counter just inside the door to take bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,103 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

maximo31 wrote: »
    Bar one in Clonmel are open. They have the counter just inside the door to take bets.

I understood they were paying out on previous bets only:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭maximo31

Nope , I had myself a few bets anyway. You would need to know what you are backing as no access to papers. Just fill slip out at counter.

Nope. Open, taking bets

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Barone closed again near me.

Staff member said unlikely to open before 29th now

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭curioser

Juwwi wrote: »
    Barone closed again near me.

Staff member said unlikely to open before 29th now
    Same here. Did bets in it around 1.30, went to collect shortly after 5 and it was closed, with notice up to say it won't be open till the 29th. Obviously the curtain twitchers hadn't gone way. Let them beware - this country has a particular history in dealing with informers! Seriously though, a couple of people at the door of a bookies is a risk while thousands demonstrating in Dublin are deemed to be no danger - spare me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Fair play to bar one for trying anyway

Also their staff are 100% nicer than any other bookie, in Galway anyway

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Ah no, I was hoping Bar One would have the kiosk open to lodge a few euro for a Saturday off and a decent schedule of sport available. Is there definitely no service today?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Happy4all wrote: »
    Ah no, I was hoping Bar One would have the kiosk open to lodge a few euro for a Saturday off and a decent schedule of sport available. Is there definitely no service today?

Closed until 29th

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

If anybody doesn't want to attach an account to their bank account there's a service available in newsagents, much like the old phone credit, just go in and ask for a pay safe and the amount and deposit it on the my account section.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

If anybody doesn't want to attach an account to their bank account there's a service available in newsagents, much like the old phone credit, just go in and ask for a pay safe and the amount and deposit it on the my account section.

Thanks for that.

Good info. Never heard of it before. Will check it out. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Good info. Never heard of it before. Will check it out. Thanks :)

That’s what I been doing in the PP shops. I never heard of it in regular shop. Is this for real??

That’s what I been doing in the PP shops. I never heard of it in regular shop. Is this for real??

In case i explained it wrong earlier you don't deposit in the shop like you would in pp. You go in,Ask for a 20 euro pay safe or whatever amount you want.
    Get handed a receipt with a code go onto your my account section on paddy Power, boyles, bet365 whoever, click deposit, and when you see the list of payment methods paysafe will be there. Click it and enter the code on the slip you bought. That's your deposit.

It must be - the chap who posted it knows what he's talking about, posts a lot in the Horseracing forum and he's not a bullsh1tter.

EDIT posted without seeing above post

In case i explained it wrong earlier you don't deposit in the shop like you would in pp. You go in,Ask for a 20 euro pay safe or whatever amount you want.
    Get handed a receipt with a code go onto your my account section on paddy Power, boyles, bet365 whoever, click deposit, and when you see the list of payment methods paysafe will be there. Click it and enter the code on the slip you bought. That's your deposit.

Wow, thanks for this.
    Have gone a year or so now with txn showing on my cc by going into PP shop and deposit. But thought I wud have to break that for the 2nd round of PL matches starting on Tuesday. Will try this in local shop.

Wow, thanks for this.
    Have gone a year or so now with txn showing on my cc by going into PP shop and deposit. But thought I wud have to break that for the 2nd round of PL matches starting on Tuesday. Will try this in local shop.

https://www.paysafecard.com/en-ie/buy/
    It has a search bar to say what shops it's sold, most in my area do it but if you're in a small town there might be only one or 2 shops that do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭Plasandrunt

How do you withdraw using the paysafe card? Does it have to go through your bank a/c from your PP a/c for example

How do you withdraw using the paysafe card? Does it have to go through your bank a/c from your PP a/c for example

I only used it once myself and the horse lost so I don't actually know. I'm guessing you can withdraw it through bank or PayPal as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭jacool

You have to win first I suspect.
    We wouldn't have those kinds of people posting in here :)

I got a bit confused with the paysafe thing, think I needed to register as well as buying in the shop. So in the end I just used my credit card for the next round of PL matches starting tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Damn bookies. Opened up for one day. Just in time for me to put a few bob on City v Arsenal both to score. That went well. And ive been left to stew in misery ever since without a chance of recouping my loss. Farcical carry on in crazy times. Although backing Arsenal to score was probay the most farcical thing of all :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

jacool wrote: »
    You have to win first I suspect.
    We wouldn't have those kinds of people posting in here :)
    Giz a winner then big balls

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Med101007

I only used it once myself and the horse lost so I don't actually know. I'm guessing you can withdraw it through bank or PayPal as normal.

I have been using the Pay Safe vouchers since the bookies closed, it's pure handy. I wonder can you withdraw using the PP Cashcard as this was my usual method for depositing/withdrawing cash before the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Whiplash85

Are bookies shops back open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Whiplash85 wrote: »

Yes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Whiplash85 wrote: »
    All open

Advertisement