Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singing Lessons Galway

• 27-08-2013 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Hey guys, cant seem to find a 2013 thread on this, ....was reading one from 2011 but not much on it. Looking for a singing teacher in Galway city or near abouts, just to gain some confidence in singing and learn some stuff!
    Looked at the big guys already, Michel......Lucia....Durham......G Voice..... (sorry if theyre the same people :L Ive forgotten already :L)
    I think I'd like to practice every week or second week, so looking for someone cheap enough. Maybe along the prices of Martina Flaherty (that I found on that old thread) .....35 per hour or less.....
    Im not looking to do anything big, like for musical theater.....my friend is big into that, he had someone out westside, ....but i'm just looking to improve my own voice and sound. The main goal for me is to gain confidence, thats the major target over anything else!

Be grateful for any recommendations :) but no really young people, ......im in my 20s myself, and know so many fellas with massive egos thinking theyre Kurt Cobain! The "I'm the ****" type haha. . .and thats definitely not what I want! I'd rather a peer with experience in the area!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭TheBa

timmybob13 wrote: »
    Hey guys, cant seem to find a 2013 thread on this, ....was reading one from 2011 but not much on it. Looking for a singing teacher in Galway city or near abouts, just to gain some confidence in singing and learn some stuff!
    Looked at the big guys already, Michel......Lucia....Durham......G Voice..... (sorry if theyre the same people :L Ive forgotten already :L)
    I think I'd like to practice every week or second week, so looking for someone cheap enough. Maybe along the prices of Martina Flaherty (that I found on that old thread) .....35 per hour or less.....
    Im not looking to do anything big, like for musical theater.....my friend is big into that, he had someone out westside, ....but i'm just looking to improve my own voice and sound. The main goal for me is to gain confidence, thats the major target over anything else!

Be grateful for any recommendations :) but no really young people, ......im in my 20s myself, and know so many fellas with massive egos thinking theyre Kurt Cobain! The "I'm the ****" type haha. . .and thats definitely not what I want! I'd rather a peer with experience in the area!

I had a few classes with Michel Durham a good while ago and she was excellent. A bit pricier than the range you've quoted there though.

Also, I just sing a little bit in a rock/pop covers band and she was still accommodating. we worked a bit on technique, how to warm up, how to practice daily, stuff like that. I would definitely go again if I find the time and money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Yeah, Anne Mike's the business, the best in town by far. If you're willing to put in time practicing between rehearsals, then yeah, once a fortnight will be grand. Give her a bell.
    http://www.durhamvoicestudio.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭timmybob13

I'm terrible for going cheap and sacrificing quality........its alright for toilet paper haha........but I guess cashing up every two weeks would be alright! How much is she guys?

Oh ya, and Im big into my rock and stuff, so thanks for mentioning you're experience with her for that! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

You'd have to contact her about her rates, it's been about two years since I've gone to her for lessons, and I'd say she's changed them. She has a second vocal coach in with her now who's doing rock (and I think pop) stuff, who may also have different rates, so you're best off to drop her a line.

• Advertisement

Thats brilliant! :) thanks a mil for all your help! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bluecourse1

Cathal Jack in Galway Voice Studio is the only man for the job.

He's a fantastic teacher and makes you want to learn more each session. Totally customises the lessons and is well able to deliver the results. He works with amateurs and professional musicians so it's great for confidence building or working towards a live performance.

I've been going for about 2 years: https://www.gvoicestudio.com/

Advertisement