Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Abyss Gazes Also

• 26-11-2019 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭

The past half year has been unproductive, if profitable. Time that might have been enjoyed in the sea, or the hills, or on the turbo; was instead spent in the office dealing with a growing business. Long days, weekends in the office, relentless with few breaks... by September I was overstressed and developing health issues. There's a work/life balance that people talk about, but balance is always something I've shied away from, preferring to upset the apple cart if it gets too even. However the health issues were so severe (difficulty breathing) that I need to start training again, as much for the mental aspect as the physical. So lets once again try and understand what harmony means...

October I managed to train most days, although swimming has gone to pot, and I'm heavier than I've been in years so running is laboured. But the breathing is getting better, and breathing is life, so I can't complain.

Mon 25th Oct 2019:
    1,800m swim (1k straight in 18:28; 3*{2*50 hard off 60s, 100EZ off 2:00}; 200 EZ
    First time in the pool in ages, swim fitness has plummeted and is about 10s/100m slower than normal. That's ok, it will come back with consistency- normal is a function of consistency.
    Struggling to keep the 50's under 45s, onwards and upwards from here.

45min S&C

Tue:
    20min EZ Fastlane

60min Turbo
    10min EZ
    5*30s hard, 30s EZ
    Main set: 4*(8min 300W+, 2min EZ)
    5min cooldown
    Felt strong for this

7.9k easy run 5:40pace
    Easy run in the nighttime rain, chatting pace throughout. Ended down by Courtown harbour watching some spectacular crashing waves.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭Kurt_Godel.

Wed:
    20mins Fastlane
    felt pretty good actually, working off a decent stroke.

15min yoga prerun
    8.2k run in 42:35 (15min EZ, balance built to PE8)
    Grabbed the very last of the evenings light in the mucky forest, had to curtail slightly as it was just too dark.

Thurs:
    10min yoga preturbo
    45min turbo:
    5min EZ
    5*(30s on, 30s off)
    60s EZ
    4*(4min steady 260W+, 2min EZ)
    10min EZ

I was asked on Strava what my FTP is (I guess my wattage probably looks very high on Strava for the set). Think my FTP is 270- but I work off however the turbo is calibrated from whenever i first got it. That probably has me "moving" faster and at a higher wattage than if done under road conditions... not really sure if that makes any huge difference since I've a fair idea what turbo wattage is compared to perceived effort. And the prescribed sets are based on PE so everything should be good based on a personal yardstick.

Fri 30min Fastlane; 45mins S&C
    Felt good in the water, catching it well.
    S&C: 8 sets of (20 goblet squats, 20 bulgarian split squats, 20 press ups)

Sat 1:30 turbo
    10min EZ
    5*(1:30 EZ, 30s on)
    3*(12min 270W+, 5min EZ)
    20*(20s 110RPM+, 20s EZ)
    Balance EZ

Sun 1:26 hill run
    Railway-Garryhoe-Mangans Wood-Tinahely hilly loop
    It was a real slog heading up Garryhoe hill, and sloppy across the trails. New shoe (Speedcross Vario2) performed well but I lost one in mud on the hour mark.

Thoughts are turning to next years races- I'm going to keep things short, so Sprint and Oly will be the staple We bought a campervan so will travel to overnight races as much as possible. I've always been envious of those who park their vans overnight at race carparks, seems like a great way to enjoy the whole race experience.
    Looking at the NC Aquathon as a big target- its early in the year in Lough Cutra, a venue I really like. Also considering the ITU Aquathon Champs which is in Amsterdam in September. The young lad will be at this too, he's getting better all the time and although it's also his Leaving Cert year I expect further progress next summer and the ITU Aquathon will be a big goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭ray o

We bought a campervan

Pictures please!

Mon 40min swim; 35min easy run

1,050 straight (1:49 pace)
    3*(5*50 off 60s, 100m EZ)

This was slightly faster than last week, although I'm still slow and slowing during the sets of 50's. Par for the course and it should pick up as I rack up the training.
    Entries have opened for the Masters LC gala in Limerick next March- I've entered the 1,500 so far and will need to target this aggressively in the months leading up.

Later an easy recovery pace torchlit run in the forest.
    ray o wrote: »
    Pictures please!

Its a Chausson 514- small, but its got a huge boot for bikes, wetsuits, gear etc. Or deck chairs and fishing rods for a few years down the line!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭griffin100

Thanks for the heads up on the Limerick Masters. Entered the 1,500m myself.

• Advertisement

Tue 20min Fastlane; 45min S&C; 1:16min turbo; 30min easy run

Turbo:
    10min ez->build
    5*(30s @ 400W, 1:30 EZ)
    3*(15min build 200->300W, 5min EZ)

Felt good for this turbo, but I crammed too much into the day. The S&C were missed on Monday and I should know by now you don't catch up with missed sessions. The run later was very easy but overall too much in the day, and that will effect tomorrow.

Wed 57min progression run
    Plan: 20min EZ, 20min build, 20min steady

The legs were bunched, it was going up the first hill that did me in. Think I may still have Sunday's hills in them (and a heavier-than-usual training load since). Sure enough, I was tired for this after trying to make up for missed sessions. Something to bear in mind at this early stage in the training cycle.

Thurs 20min Fastlane; 40min turbo; 30 min easy run
    Turbo:
    10min warmup
    5*(30s 500W+, 1:30 EZ)
    5*(60s 400W+, 2:00 EZ)
    5min cooldown

My swimming form was all over the place in the morning. This turbo was better, pushing hard where prescribed.

Fri 20min easy Fastlane; 30min treadmill progressive run
    Treadmill:
    10min @ 10km/h
    5min @ 12km/h
    10min @ 14km/h
    5min @ 12km/h

Swim form was a little better, and a decent use of the treadmill later.

Sat 14k progression run; 20mins Fastlane
    Progression Run:
    30min EZ
    30min dial it up
    10min fast
    5min warmdown

Beautiful sunrise over the sea around Courtown. I had chatting company which was welcome for the first 30mins before I took off myself and gradually increased the effort. Happy enough with this run and its always fantastic to run from the dark through to daybreak.

Sun 120min turbo; 30min easy run
    Turbo:
    10min warmup
    5*(30s 400W+, 1:30 EZ)
    6*(10min hold 280W, 5min EZ)
    10min cooldown

Found this one tough- mentally as well as physically. It was tempting to bail after the fourth rep, but I toughened the whole thing out and I suppose thats good practice. This was the hardest turbo I've done in a while, certainly the hardest mentally.
    Later a very easy recovery run to round off a successful week.

Day|Session|Comment
    Mon 9th Dec|20min Fastlane; 45min S&C; 30min Run|Nothing special, just a day of easy/steady stuff
    Tue|45min turbo; 30min jog|Main:4*(4min 260W+, 2min EZ)
    Wed|12k long intervals|Breathing was bad, the only limiter on this run around Roundwood lakes
    Thurs|20min Fastlane; 65min turbo; 30min jog|Main: 4*(8min hold 270W+, 2min EZ)
    Fri|20min Fastlane; 30min easy jog|
    Sat|19k hilly run|Long run over hills to pick up car in Gorey. New shoes (Asics GlideRide) seem very good on the flat, not so good on the uphills.
    Sun|5k jog|

Overall it was another consistent week, run volume is helping to shift the weight, bike is going well, and the swimming will begin in earnest after Xmas. For the moment consistency is king.

Day|Session|Comment
    Mon 16th Dec|30min Run|
    Tue|60min turbo; 30min jog|Main: 4*(8min hold 280W+, 2min EZ)
    Wed|20min Fastlane; 30min jog|Lousy run, felt laboured in the wet and muck.
    Thurs|30min jog|
    Fri|30min easy jog|Hungover
    Sat|11k hilly run|Decent Annagh trails
    Sun|7k run; 20min Fastlane|

Not a great week, busy with work stress and Xmas crap. At least I managed to get out and do something every day, although Fridays run was done at dawn, before I sobered up from the night before. I've a great big NY resolution staring me down, if I want to take competition seriously next year.

But that's for another post;)

Day|Session|Comment
    Mon 23rd Dec|20min Fastlane; 45min easy Run|
    Tue|33min jog|
    Wed|30min jog|
    Thurs|8k run|
    Fri|1:15 hill run| Sloppy Annagh trails
    Sat|30min easy run|
    Sun|30min easy run|

I missed quite a few sessions (too many sessions of the other type!) but am pleased enough to have done something each day, given the week that was in it. Overall I had a good time catching up with family and friends, and something would have been amiss if I neglected that instead of neglecting training.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to the fresh start a new year can bring. I've had a solid couple of base months, weight has fallen (albeit from ridiculous levels), and ready to start the serious training.

• Advertisement

Day|Session|Comment
    Mon 30th Dec|20min Fastlane; 40min turbo; 30min easy Run|turbo 4*(4 mins 7-8 PE, 2min EZ)
    Tue|30min steady run|4.44/km av, fastest in a while
    Wed|rest|
    Thurs|rest|
    Fri|20min Fastlane|
    Sat|60min hill run|
    Sun|2:10 easy turbo|

I dragged myself out for the last couple of Dec runs to complete the 31day streak- NYE was with a pounding headache as I drained the house of any booze the evening before... it still ended up the fastest run of the month though which tells you something about my catholic guilt complex! Then another couple days partying in Cavan before getting back into things.

I like the fresh start a New Year can bring, and will grasp it this year. My running and biking are in a solid place starting off the years training, although my swimming has been neglected. I think in previous years swimming took up too big a focus- I tried to be swim fit for galas and was burnt out come the try season- so Masters swimming only starts back for me this evening. Swim fitness will come back quickly enough, and I'm looking forward to swimming and progressing with the gang again. Think I'll have dropped down a lane or two though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

Happy New Year. Good to see you back logging.

P.

Mon 6.15k run; 60 min Masters
    Run: 10min EZ, 10min steady, 10min build
    Paces are getting faster and form is feeling more comfortable, happy enough with how the running is progressing although there is still a lot of weight to drop before I feel comfortable during runs.

Swim:
    400 WU
    Main *4
    {4*100 off 1:40
    2*(25k, 25dr, 25sw)
    2*50 hard}
    6*25 hypoxic
    This was first time back in the pool for a while, and the first time with a gang in ages. Loved it. The first couple of sets went well, then I started to cramp and tire and sat out the odd 50. But happy with this as a start of swim set training.

Tue: 64min turbo; 30min easy run
    Turbo: Main: 5*(5min build to 260W, 3min EZ)

Wed: 25min Fastlane; 1:30 run
    Fastlane: 10min steady, then 10*100 descending pace.

Run: Hill repeats
    10min EZ
    20*(40s uphill PE6-8, jog back down)
    15min build
    5min steady
    10min 4:40/4:20pace
    2min EZ
    Toughest session I've done in a while, I was ready to bail after 3 of the hill repeats but thankfully stuck it out. The half hour that followed wasn't especially welcome either ;)

pgibbo wrote: »
    Happy New Year. Good to see you back logging.

P.

And the very same to you! Hopefully catch up at a couple of races over the summer- should be a good race season for you now that you're a fully fledged fish!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

And the very same to you! Hopefully catch up at a couple of races over the summer- should be a good race season for you now that you're a fully fledged fish!

Whoa, when did Paul become a fish?? I'll have no hope catching him this year

BTH wrote: »
    Whoa, when did Paul become a fish?? I'll have no hope catching him this year

Have you seen his swim paces progression on Strava? It's pretty impressive! Reckon he will spank quite a few this year :D

Day|Session|Comment
    Mon 6th Jan|6.15k run; 60 min Masters|great to be back swimming with the gang
    Tue|64min turbo; 30min easy run|5*(5min build to 260W, 3min EZ)
    Wed|25min Fastlane; 1:30 run|Hill repeats, very tough session
    Thurs|30min Fastlane; 3.5k easy run|Kept this run very slow recovery mode
    Fri|20min Fastlane; 45min S&C| Mainly backstroke
    Sat|60min trail run|
    Sun|2:10 easy turbo|

Overall it was a pretty decent week, re-introducing the pleasures of the Masters group and the pain of hill intervals. There was a fair amount of yoga as well throughout the week to help keep the body injury free. Running form is starting to feel better- intervals will do that to ya.
    My treadmill died (think the humidity of the pool room is too much for it) which is no huge loss to me but impacts the rest of the family. Need to get a new circuit board to get it working again. The Fastlane pool continues to impress, and its really useful to grab a quick 20mins without any hassle. I've entered a couple of backstroke events for the National Champs gala in March, so have been working on that stroke a bit. Its not going to be a major target beyond getting back into focussed swim training, but its always a highlight of the sporting year. My main goal will be to swim the 1,500m under 25mins, and after that I have the 400fr, 200IM, 200bk, 50free. Should be good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Have you seen his swim paces progression on Strava? It's pretty impressive! Reckon he will spank quite a few

Nope, I dont be doing the auld strava thing. Dont want everyone knowing how slow I've gotten.
    Run: Hill repeats
    10min EZ
    20*(40s uphill PE6-8, jog back down)
    15min build
    5min steady
    10min 4:40/4:20pace
    2min EZ

Are you doing this as:
    15min build
    Then
    5min steady
    Then
    10min at prescribed pace??

I've always read it as 15min build being 5 steady then 10 at target.

Would explain why it's a 90min session.

BTH wrote: »
    Are you doing this as:
    15min build
    Then
    5min steady
    Then
    10min at prescribed pace??

I've always read it as 15min build being 5 steady then 10 at target.

Would explain why it's a 90min session.

Yeah, after the hill repeats a further 15+5+10, instead of 15 as (5+10). I did wonder if it was just a 15min block but there were no brackets (and the guy prescribing the sets really {really} loves his brackets)!

Mon 2,500m swim
    400WU
    4*100 (dr, K, pb, sw)
    4*100pb alt ripple, sw
    100, 200, 300, 200, 100 all off 1:45 pace
    300 swim down

Early swim while Junior was training. I'm starting to feel the water better. Had intended doing a Masters session later in the day but our electricity was off with the storm so I lit a load of candles and stayed in.

Tue 1:30 turbo; 30min run
    10min warmup
    5*(30s 400W+, 30s EZ)
    4*{
    4*(1min 370W+, 1min EZ)
    4min EZ
    }
    15min 270W+
    10min cooldown
    Felt good for this, it was a decent session with much needed EZ breaks. The 15min at the end felt like an honest way to finish off.

Run: 10mins EZ, 10min steady, 10mins PE8
    Two weeks into a dry January and its already showing benefits. This was the first time in a while where I felt in control of effort as the pace gets faster than 4:40/km or so. Who knew drinking 4 litres of wine a week hinders progress?

Wed 60min run with hill repeats
    10min EZ
    10*(40s uphill PE6-8, jog back down)
    15min build
    5 min steady
    10min 4:40-4:20 pace
    2mins warmdown
    Less repeats than last week but they still hurt just as much. I had decent form running up, and kept the effort pretty high. Glad it was only 10 though!
    The 30mins afterwards went well, again I seemed to be in control of pace as required.

Thurs 40min turbo; 60min Masters

Turbo:
    10min WU
    5*(30s 470W+, 1:30 EZ)
    5*(1min 400W+, 2min EZ)
    5min CD

A real sting in these efforts, time just drags out as the seconds tick down.

Masters:
    200WU
    7*100 off 1:45
    4*75 (alt k, pb)
    6*100 off 1:40
    4*75 (alt k, pb)
    3*100 off 1:35
    2*100 off 1:30
    100 swim down

Felt good in the water, some foot cramps but otherwise swimming well. Drifted a second or two over on the last few 100's. Breathing felt controlled. Things are heading in the right direction in the water. Having only used the Fastlane for months, I find I'm more at ease, more in control, in the pool now.
    I'm pretty lucky having this gang to swim with, good bunch to chat with, and everyone is down for business across our three lanes. The air quality in the facility seems to have improved too.

Fri 45min S&C; 4k easy jog; 20min Fastlane

Sat 22k hilly run
    LSR around the frozen routes of Annagh Hill. It was very cold and icy out there, I had to slow down as a lot of the trails were a mixture of ice and stones, or frozen JCB tracks. Beautiful morning to be out and about. Kept things handy and then picked it up a little for the last half hour.

Now that the race Calendar is out, I've started to choose some targets for this summer. So far its looking like:

May
    Carlow Sprint
    Aquathlon NC (Lough Cutra)
    Up the Creek Sprint (Clare)

June
    HOBC Sprint NC

July
    HOTW Oly NC
    Pikeman Oly (Wexford)

August
    Loughrea Sprint
    Moby Dick Sprint (Cork)

They are all NS races, I want to have a decent showing in my new AG for this year. Also will hopefully do some of the Bray Aquathlons, and a real wild card is my deferred entry to Hardman in August... probably not though. Unfortunately I'm in France during two of my favourite races, Valentia Sprint and Harbourman, but you can't win 'em all.

Edit: forgot to mention the main goal for the season, ITU AG WC Aquathlon in Amsterdam this September!

• Advertisement

Day|Session|Comment
    Mon 13th Jan|2,500m swim; 6.24k run|technique swim, progressive run (pace getting faster)
    Tue|90min turbo|solid effort with higher than usual W
    Wed|1:10 run; 20min Fastlane;|Hill repeats, very tough session but felt stronger than last week
    Thurs|40min turbo; 60min Masters|turbo was short and sharp; felt strong for the swim
    Fri|20min Fastlane; 45min S&C; 20min easy run|
    Sat|140min trail run| long hill run around frozen Annagh, before picking up the pace on the road home
    Sun|2:00 easy turbo| good recovery pace

Another decent week, getting stronger in all three disciplines.

Day|Session|Comment
    Mon 20th Jan|30min progressive run; 60min Masters|happy with the faster pace at the end of the run.
    Tue|90min turbo; 5k easy run|Main: 3*(12min 270W+, 5min EZ)
    Wed|2,000m swim; 70min turbo|swim was 100's, didn't feel great. Turbo 4*(8min 270W, 2min EZ)
    Thurs|20min Fastlane; 45min S&C; 12k bike spin|testing the new bike
    Fri|70min progressive run; 30min Fastlane| Didn't quite hit the fastest paces in the run. Fastlane was straight progressive swim
    Sat|60k bike|40k steady on the bars, remainder easy home over hills
    Sun|96min run| 75min easy, 10min hard, 10min easy

Keeping with the consistent theme, getting the hours in with minimum fuss. Training Peaks gives me over 13hrs, including all the S&C, which is close to my highest ever.

Swim volume has improved, but needs to quickly improve to 10K+ a week. Courtown swim club are starting a new Masters group on Wednesday nights, so that should help. I'll still go to one night of Asgard Masters as well.

Running is solid, I'm starting to approach decent paces. That will continue to improve as the weight comes off.

The big news with the Bike is a new purchase arrived this week, a P3X which I got on sale. Its slightly heavier than I might have imagined (although its only got Alu wheels at the moment), but is very solid to cycle, responds very well, and is super comfortable. I'll need to get a proper bike fit, but so far I'm very impressed.

Mon 20min Fastlane; 60min Masters

400WU
    8*25 IMO
    4*(25fly max, 25 EZ, 10s)
    4*(25bk max, 25 EZ, 10s)
    4*(25br max, 25 EZ, 10s)
    4*(25free max, 25 EZ, 10s)
    200 EZ
    3 sets of {
    200free as (50max, 15s, 50max, 10s, 50max, 5s, 50max)
    200EZ
    }
    250m hypoxic 3,2,1,0,0,0,0,1,2,3

On Mondays we only have two lanes and there is no hiding in the fast lane. I'm very much hanging on at the back but that's the sort of thing that helps beat you into shape.
    This was a tough set, I alternated free for half of the IM sets, but otherwise managed everything else. The 50's max were dropping from 35s to 43s during each set- that's an indication of my current lack of power, but see above re: beating into shape.

Tue 1:10 turbo
    10 mins easy
    5*(30' hard, 30' easy)
    easy 60'
    4*(8 mins 270W+, 2 mins recovery)
    Easy 15 mins recovery

Wed Run: 30min easy, 15min steady
    Body felt good for this (haven't run in a few days). Probably not firing on all cylinders at faster speeds though- there's a cold in the house.

Thurs 1:03 turbo
    5 mins easy
    5*(50' easy, 10' 600W+)
    4*(10 mins 280W+, 2 mins recovery)
    Easy 5 mins recovery

Day|Session|Comment
    Mon 20th Jan|20min Fastlane; 60min Masters|increased effort because of lane sharks: that's a massive positive
    Tue|70min turbo|Main: 4*(8 mins 270W+, 2 mins recovery)
    Wed|45min run|30min easy, 15min steady
    Thurs|63min turbo|Main: 4 * 10 mins at 8 PE with 2 mins between recovery
    Fri|30min Fastlane; 1:18 bike| Hilly bike ride, mostly on bars
    Sat|12k run; 30min fastlane|early progression run; decent fast lane swim
    Sun|90 min turbo|

A slight step back this week, 9hrs training. The P3X continues to impress on the roads; I'd say its a perfect longer distance bike for holding power on flatter courses. Still performs well enough on the hills, mind.

Booked a week in Lanza with the kids mid Feb, 50m pool and lots of bike options. Junior will keep me on my toes in the pool (read: on his toes if I can manage that!).

Overall: training is hunky dory (really miss Dory's contributions from these parts :(), a decent block in Jan, just need to keep that going in Feb.

Tue 20min Fastlane; 90min turbo
    Turbo
    10min WU
    5*(30s on, 30s off)
    4 sets of {
    4*(60s @ 330W >90RPM, 60s @ 210W <70RPM)
    4min easy
    }
    15min 260W+
    12min easy

This was a tough session which went well, happy with recent bike progress

Wed 45min run; 4,000m swim

Run:
    The plan was 30min EZ, build 15mins; but I was all over the place. After an early start and meeting in Dublin, I drove to Roundwood for a lap of the lake. Started too fast, and after a couple of km developed a twinge in my calf. Strange, so I stopped and did yoga stretching for 15min in a field by the lake (this was the nicest aspect of the run). Tried starting again but just had no energy, so jogged back to the car. I hadn't eaten all day so maybe that was it (trying to limit carbs this week too so maybe that has something to do with it).

Swim:
    There is a new Masters group in Courtown pool, first session was tonight. I got there a little early and did a straight 1,500pb at an easy enough pace.

After the group started- it was a little chaotic at first as we only had two lanes, and about 20-25 swimmers, with no-one sure which lane they should be in. Thankfully we got a third lane soon, which made it easier to sort by ability. Great to see so many there, and hopefully this new group will thrive from this point.
    Warmup
    10*50m off 50s
    12*(25k, 25fist, 25swim, 15s)
    4*(50 BE3, 50BE5, 50BE7; 20s)

Are the Masters sessions in Carlow too far for you? Max 5-6 per lane (usuallly less). Most sessions are coached (apart from the odd one when the coach provides a session plan).

Yeah, Carlow would be a bit of a hike for me alright. I'm still doing the Masters in Arklow as well, but know a lot of the Courtown gang so happy to join in there too. Plus Wednesday nights work for me. I'd be at the front in Courtown, but firmly midpack in Arklow, and midpack is best for progress.

How often do ye swim in Carlow Masters? Are you still aiming for Limerick 1,500?

Yeah, Carlow would be a bit of a hike for me alright. I'm still doing the Masters in Arklow as well, but know a lot of the Courtown gang so happy to join in there too. Plus Wednesday nights work for me. I'd be at the front in Courtown, but firmly midpack in Arklow, and midpack is best for progress.

How often do ye swim in Carlow Masters? Are you still aiming for Limerick 1,500?

They have 4 sessions a week but I' not swimming with them, I just organise the pool bookings and coaches :rolleyes: Hoping to head to Limerick for the 1,500m but swimming has regressed over the last few months. I had hoped to get close to 25mins and was hitting 25.40ish last November, now I'n struggling to get close to 26mins.

• Advertisement

griffin100 wrote: »
    I just organise the pool bookings and coaches :rolleyes:

Swim clubs need people like you... bet you sit quietly with arms folded at committee meetings and still end up with a ton of work;)

Hopefully chat at Limerick, I'm likewise looking at sub 26 as an achievement.

Thurs 45min turbo; 60 min Masters
    Turbo: main 4*(4mins 260W+, 2min EZ)
    Felt lethargic for this- past few days I've avoided carbs to help weight loss but I think I might put 'em back in and look at portion size instead.

Swim:
    15*200 paddles&pb off 3:30
    3*200 pb off 3:30

Good workout tonight, although I'm not used to the paddles. Fingers were sore so ditched them after 3k, and it was amazing to feel the catch and pull without them.

Shoulders will be sore tomorrow though in places I never knew existed

Advertisement