Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please recommend good uk coffee companies

• 16-02-2021 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Please recommend good uk coffee companies, I know of one or two. James gourmet coffee being one but I’m out of the loop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,179 ✭✭✭✭fits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭cmac2009

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Please recommend good uk coffee companies, I know of one or two. James gourmet coffee being one but I’m out of the loop.

Are you based in the UK? I noticed a few roasters have stopped shipping outside of the UK due to the brexit mess and prohibitive costs.

A few that I regularly use:

www.hasbean.co.uk
    www.foundrycoffeeroasters.com
    www.ravecoffee.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Foundry coffee are really excellent
    Round hill roastery
    Hasbean
    Obadiah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Square Mile

Also, remember. Coffee is zero rated for VAT in the UK and Ireland, so there should be no VAT due on coffee coming in, conversely there will be no VAT removal at source, so the price is the price.

I'm not sure if we are allowed to buy foodstuffs though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

Any reason you're after UK roasters?

I'll add assembly and manifesto to the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Bigbooty wrote: »
    Any reason you're after UK roasters?

I'll add assembly and manifesto to the list.

I'm UK based at the moment yes. I have used james gourmet coffee in the past but I'm looking at other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

cloudatlas wrote: »
    I'm UK based at the moment yes. I have used james gourmet coffee in the past but I'm looking at other options.

If you're into lighter roasts the right roast (UK based) resells coffee from different roasters all over Europe and I've tried a few of their recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

OOOOkay now it looks like I need to buy a coffee bean grinder as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Wilfa Svart, Barista Encore for non espresso options (Aero, Clever, v60, Kalita)

They are two of the better, well recommended electric burr grinders.

Advertisement