Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Would you recommend splitting CAP2 or doing all four subjects?

• 18-12-2020 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

For the people who have taken their CAP2, if you had the choice to do them again for whatever reason, would you split your CAP2 subjects, or would you do all four subjects?

The reason for this is I have a choice now of what I want to do and I feel like doing all four subjects this year but I have a bit of doubt in my head due to people telling me that the CAP2 subjects are harder than the FAE's due to the amount of content which needs to be covered.

How would you feel about this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Do all 4. They aren't that hard, just get them out of the way. Vast majority pass all 4 first go. Tbh I'd say the rate of first time passes in all 4 subjects is higher than the rate of first time passes in all college exams for most courses.

Aaaaaand if you do all 4 you'll sit your FAEs a year earlier, and with a likely downturn in the economy, that can only be a very good argument in favour of sitting all 4 in the same sitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Worries

I sat my CAP 2’s in 2019 and I did all 4 at the one time. I would say it’s best to get them all over and done with.
    It is hard work but it is manageable. I wouldn’t necessarily say the CAP 2’s are more difficult or harder than the FAE’s. They are two totally different courses/exams so it’s very hard to compare. I found both equally as challenging but passed both CAP 2’s & FAE’s first time round.
    But yeah - I would definitely just try and get the 4 done!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 LaQuica

I split mine - but only because I had a couple of CAP1 exams I had to do in my first year also. Only have the 2 CAP2s this year so it's pretty handy.

Guess it really depends if you want to one hard year to have one year with no exams - or if you want two relatively relaxed years and then your FAE year.

Aaaaaand if you do all 4 you'll sit your FAEs a year earlier, and with a likely downturn in the economy, that can only be a very good argument in favour of sitting all 4 in the same sitting.

Except they will still have an extra year left on their training contract so it doesn't make much of a difference really in that regards.

Advertisement