Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sage Barista Express

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I make more coffee with my Barista Express then I did with my French press. I'm not a morning person and would generally just get dressed and head straight to work but I'll happily make a cappuccino every morning. Even after a 12 hour shift when I'm exhausted I don't mind making one whereas with the press I wouldn't be arsed.

I think the hands on approach with the Sage makes it easier and doesn't feel as long as sitting around waiting for the press to be ready. It quickly becomes part of your routine. In saying that the steam isn't quick with the Barista Express so it's worth checking out if the other machines are any quicker.

The GF had a Nespresso machine, which is as easy as it gets, and she refuses to go back from the Sage. The coffee is worth the extra bit of effort.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Thank you Natlor, that sealed it for me its ordered!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I'm looking to get a Sage Barista Pro (the Sea Salt colour) for my partner.

I know absolutely nothing about coffee but I know she's wanted this model.

Harvey Norman have it for 769. Is that the best price around? Would there be any deals on Amazon Prime day, or am I better waiting for black Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

The Barista express is on at €485 including delivery at Amazon Italy

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07B2X1VXZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A11IL2PNWYJU7H&psc=1

Seriously tempted at that price. have a Delonghi bean to cup for over 4 years thats been great and used constantly but think I'm due an upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Harvey Norman have it for 769. Is that the best price around? Would there be any deals on Amazon Prime day, or am I better waiting for black Friday?

Try https://shop.3fe.com/product/sage-barista-pro-espresso-machine they were doing free training course with machine not sure if they still are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭mad m

NATLOR wrote: »
    The Barista express is on at €485 including delivery at Amazon Italy

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07B2X1VXZ/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A11IL2PNWYJU7H&psc=1

Seriously tempted at that price. have a Delonghi bean to cup for over 4 years thats been great and used constantly but think I'm due an upgrade

Not anymore. Seriously jumped in price now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

mad m wrote:
    Not anymore. Seriously jumped in price now

Typical! Will keep an eye though, it's been under 500 before hopefully will drop again

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

I would never buy this in Harvey Norman, too expensive. Hold fire for a month or two. It seems like covid has seriously increased the cost of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

pc7 wrote: »
    Thank you Natlor, that sealed it for me its ordered!

Let us know what you think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Amazon are having an annual sale on 13th I'm going watch out for sage machines reduced

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I got this machine for £340 on Amazon in July '19... Shocked to see what it costs now!!!

In saying that, I couldn't be without one now. I love it to bits. If it went boom in the morning I'd have a huge dilemma on my hands

EDIT: Just checked camelx3 and it doesn't show it ever costing as low as this. Checked my order history and it was actually £420, but had one of those "click this button to apply promotion" things on there which gave me an extra £80 off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

I got this machine for £340 on Amazon in July '19... Shocked to see what it costs now!!!

In saying that, I couldn't be without one now. I love it to bits. If it went boom in the morning I'd have a huge dilemma on my hands

Damn thats a good price, can we assume lockdown is the only reason why its expensive now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,982 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

zweton wrote: »

Will do, its arrived, looks very smart, haven't had a chance to set it up yet. Will report back

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Having issues with the hot water tap. When you turn the knob it's supposed to pour an exact Americano quantity then cut off.

Every now and again it doesn't cut off and just keeps pouring.

Similarly I have the 2 shot button programmed for a set number of seconds but on occasion it just keeps pouring until I stop it manually.

Has anyone experienced problems like this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Klopp

Having issues with the hot water tap. When you turn the knob it's supposed to pour an exact Americano quantity then cut off.

Similarly I have the 2 shot button programmed for a set number of seconds but on occasion it just keeps pouring until I stop it manually.

My only advise if you haven't tried already is to reset the programming and reprogram again.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Mine doesn't cut off either.... And as far as I know it never has. Didn't even know this was meant to happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Mine doesn't cut off either.... And as far as I know it never has. Didn't even know this was meant to happen!

Same here!

zweton wrote: »

Very very happy with it, the foam for the cappuccino is perfect. Where I get my cappuccino I can tell which staff made it by the foam and this is doing it exactly how I like it. Will take a bit of tweaking to figure out what settings are best for taste (strong, extra strong etc) and how much foam/froth. You can personalize it so that’ll be great as Mr PC7 doesn’t like coffee too milky. It has an auto function so once I find the way I like it can set it to make it automatically daily. Some nice features in that can use bean and ground.
    Only downside I can see it is long, so may not work well in every kitchen, will depend on work tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

I'm the same. Is there any evidence this is the case? I don't even see how you'd program that as each person would like different amounts of water too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭flipflophead22

Very very happy with it, the foam for the cappuccino is perfect. Where I get my cappuccino I can tell which staff made it by the foam and this is doing it exactly how I like it. Will take a bit of tweaking to figure out what settings are best for taste (strong, extra strong etc) and how much foam/froth. You can personalize it so that’ll be great as Mr PC7 doesn’t like coffee too milky. It has an auto function so once I find the way I like it can set it to make it automatically daily. Some nice features in that can use bean and ground.
    Only downside I can see it is long, so may not work well in every kitchen, will depend on work tops.

nice, what beans did you use first off?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭flipflophead22

what price did you pay for yours ? Its 485 at the moment is this good?

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00MOIE1E2?tag=haggle-web-de-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_GB#

nice, what beans did you use first off?

Just using arabica I picked up in Aldi as didn’t want to waste loads of good beans started out (youve to run 4/5 cups first). Will look for some nice ones now, I have some Lazazza ready.

what price did you pay for yours ? Its 485 at the moment is this good?

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00MOIE1E2?tag=haggle-web-de-21&linkCode=osi&th=1&psc=1&language=en_GB#

Yeah think with delivery it was €513

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭mossie

mad m wrote: »

Sound like a good deal. I had been looking at getting a Sage Bambino Plus and Sage Grinder Pro but I wonder if this would be a better option for me at around €100 cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Stupid question time .... To make an americano do you need to boil water separately and add an espresso shot to the cup of boiled water? Or can the machine make one for you?

mossie wrote: »
    Sound like a good deal. I had been looking at getting a Sage Bambino Plus and Sage Grinder Pro but I wonder if this would be a better option for me at around €100 cheaper.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html?ref%5F=UK%5FIncent%5FASV%5FDP%5FAll%5FILM-XGL%5FPD20&node=21011002031&sa-no-redirect=1&pldnSite=1

Extra £10 off as well if you get voucher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Benny Cake wrote: »
    Stupid question time .... To make an americano do you need to boil water separately and add an espresso shot to the cup of boiled water? Or can the machine make one for you?

The frothing wand can fill your cup with water for Americano

• Advertisement

Lads if you had a choice This sage express or the barista pro?

Advertisement