Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bricks and Mortar Sellers of Speciality Coffee + Equipment

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Substantially cheaper (including delivery) for other branded ones (e.g. wahl) from ebay. Of course there's the waiting. I'll have a look in Arnotts later if it's still open on my way home.

40 euro in M&D for the same grinder. Just gonna get one on ebay (edit: will try Arnotts first). Bought some ground coffee in M&D's instead. Can't wait to try it.

Khannie wrote: »
    Substantially cheaper (including delivery) for other branded ones (e.g. wahl) from ebay.

Just bought one for €22 including delivery. There are some more available but the auction ends later today (I'll remove this post after that).

link to ebay item.

edit: Just in case. I have no affilliation with this person / shop. He did confirm to me that delivery to Ireland is the same as to the UK.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Sent the seller a message this morning, hasn't got back to me yet. When he/she does I'll make the purchase. Thanks Khannie. You could leave that message there, it'll remind people to check out ebay. I'm forever forgetting to check it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

Tesco's in Merrion have a new Bewleys roasted bean section where you pay by weight. good selection of beans with the choice to grind if required using the grinder right next to the display. I got over 1Kg of beans for 9.20 euro. :D

Time will tell if they keep the beans rotated frequently enough.

Cheerio
    Howard

• Advertisement

hshortt wrote: »
    I got over 1Kg of beans for 9.20 euro. :D

You serious? 1KG for 9.20?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

YUP! The bags are massive and I really filled it! :D

Holy crapola. That's a serious saving.

My €22 grinder arrived last night. I got some beans from M&D's (they are now doing orders by email btw). Delish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

what grinder did you get khannie?

what grinder did you get khannie?

This one. Works grand. I tried it out in the cafetiere for the first time this morning expecting disaster but it's better than using properly ground beans from a few days before. The freshness is really nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Does anyone know where acaso machines are sold? I'm in Cork but go to Dublin regularly.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

sunnyside wrote: »
    Does anyone know where acaso machines are sold? I'm in Cork but go to Dublin regularly.
    Thanks.

Brown Thomas on Grafton St, to the best of my knowledge.
    Might be worth phoning them to see which models they have and
    to check what's in stock to avoid a wasted trip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Thanks, looked in Brown Thomas in Cork today, they had Nepresso and gaggia but I expect the Dublin shop would have more. There's €50 cashback on the Nepresso machines until the middle of May.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

GALWAY

McCambridges on Shop Street do a good range of coffee beans. They stock a large collection of Clive McCabe beans and also a few bags of Bewleys beans.

Also you can pick up a Wahl grinder for €20 in the electrical shop on the corner opposite McSwiggans in woodquay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Jimmyod

For all you coffee lovers in the Tallaght area. Was at the farmer's type market in the civic centre beside the square today and found a stall selling coffee beans, Nick's Coffee Company. Apparantly this is his first time there. Found him very helpful, checked out a sample expressso and I made a couple of purchases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭LordDorington

Khannie wrote: »
    Substantially cheaper (including delivery) for other branded ones (e.g. wahl) from ebay. Of course there's the waiting. I'll have a look in Arnotts later if it's still open on my way home.

hi I dont know much about espresso machines etc which is why i am here but I CAN tell you that yesterday I was having a look in Argos for one with my mum. We found a de longhi one for 74.99 in Argos but there was very little product info so we said we would drop into arnotts to talk to staff there. he very same prod was 99 there - a pretty big difference! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Kannon

For those living in the ranelagh are there is a guy called Nick running a coffee stall in the village market. He has a few different types of bean which he said he gets roasted up the north every week.
    His coffee isn't bad at all for €5 per 250g or €15 per kilo. he's generous with his shots for those buying beans too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

Kannon wrote: »
    For those living in the ranelagh are there is a guy called Nick running a coffee stall in the village market. He has a few different types of bean which he said he gets roasted up the north every week.
    His coffee isn't bad at all for €5 per 250g or €15 per kilo. he's generous with his shots for those buying beans too.

Is the village market next to the superquinn?
    Because if so I am going there ASAP.
    I am from Seattle (home of Starbucks) and, sadly, have not had a GOOD mug in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Anthoxanthum

Is the village market next to the superquinn?
    Because if so I am going there ASAP.
    I am from Seattle (home of Starbucks) and, sadly, have not had a GOOD mug in Ireland.

There is a coffee roaster in Skerries, The Hedgehog Coffee Company, who is from Seattle & roasts coffee weekly (will post it out to you). The coffee is very good, although the website is a bit old fashioned. Here's the webpage:

http://hedgehogcoffee.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 david123456

Gaggia home machines are now available from Watermark in Citywest. The website is http://www.gaggia.ie. The price includes a free training session which is run every 2 or 3 weeks.

Repairs and servicing for most of the Gaggia range is available, but suggest that you call first to make sure that the model is supported.

Mr Magnolia - can you post this to category 3 pls?

• Advertisement

Mr Magnolia - can you post this to category 3 pls?

I don't know what you mean?

Sorry Mr Magnolia - I thought you managed the sticky on the first post.

Sorry Mr Magnolia - I thought you managed the sticky on the first post.

Updated.

Sorry about that, it's been a couple of years since I edited the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I would suggest a complete overhaul of that first post. Most of the info is now crap, and I wouldn't recommend M&D to my worst enemy.

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    I would suggest a complete overhaul of that first post. Most of the info is now crap, and I wouldn't recommend M&D to my worst enemy.

I'm still laughing at your M&D comment - I met one of guys about 18 months ago (I can't remember if it was M or D) but I remember thinking that the setup was a little odd. Are they still doing coffee?

I'll take a look at it over the next few days.

Everyone/anyone can feel free to post up any content matter an I'll include it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

With the wish to being added to the Opening Post.

Matthew Algie Coffee & Espresso Warehouse
    25-28 Great Stand Street
    Dublin 1
    1800 626 2200
    sales@matthewalgie.com

Selling a range of Coffee, Tea and Impulse Items to the trade. Leasing traditional, bean to cup, boilers, etc etc.

Matthew Algie Coffee http://www.matthewalgie.com/what_we_sell/coffee08a.html

Coffee School, Barista School and Coffee Roaster Tutorial available.

32 County Coverage.

Berty
    aka Munster Coffee Sales Manager

^ done.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Please edit my links as the website has changed.

New links

Matthew Algie Coffee
    http://www.matthewalgie.com

Espresso Warehouse
    http://www.espressowarehouse.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Anyone know a good place to buy a bialetti moka (3-6 cup) stove-top in Dublin city centre??

Don't have time to buy online.

S.

Advertisement