Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Middleton very rare 1994

• 31-01-2021 1:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Hac a couple of glasses with my auld fella this evening and got talking about values of whisky. He has a bottle of the above in the box with the documents it came with. Anyone idea what it's worth.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

At auction over the past 6 months the average sale price has been €778 with the most expensive one selling in the last 6 months going for €970 and the cheapest one going for €560

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tritriagain

At auction over the past 6 months the average sale price has been €778 with the most expensive one selling in the last 6 months going for €970 and the cheapest one going for €560
    Wow. He gave me the bottle tonight. Told me he wants me to have it. Nice to know, not that I'll ever sell it. Was thinking of buying a couple of bottles as investment. Any ideas on good lower prices bottles that have potential return s over the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

Wow. He gave me the bottle tonight. Told me he wants me to have it. Nice to know, not that I'll ever sell it. Was thinking of buying a couple of bottles as investment. Any ideas on good lower prices bottles that have potential return s over the long term.

Prices of Midleton have started to go crazy over the last couple of months. There’s a new Master Distiller for Midleton this year so mightn’t be a bad idea to pick up a bottle a year at retail (€180) and try put his full collection together. I’ve just bought a bottle of Drumshanbo inaugural release in the hope that the distillery takes off. It’s €80 a bottle so if it never increases it’s still no harm. I’m not an expert when it comes to whiskey now bear in mind.

Lovely present to get from your dad by the way

Prices of Midleton have started to go crazy over the last couple of months. There’s a new Master Distiller for Midleton this year so mightn’t be a bad idea to pick up a bottle a year at retail (€180) and try put his full collection together. I’ve just bought a bottle of Drumshanbo inaugural release in the hope that the distillery takes off. It’s €80 a bottle so if it never increases it’s still no harm. I’m not an expert when it comes to whiskey now bear in mind.

Lovely present to get from your dad by the way
    Might try that with the midleton. It was a lovely present. As I said no intention of selling cos it means a lot to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Hac a couple of glasses with my auld fella this evening and got talking about values of whisky. He has a bottle of the above in the box with the documents it came with. Anyone idea what it's worth.

If the bottle has been opened.. it won't have much resale value.

• Advertisement

mikeecho wrote: »
    If the bottle has been opened.. it won't have much resale value.

No . We drained another bottle. The midleton remains unopened

Advertisement