Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Accidentally swallowed a nicotine pouch

• 20-02-2020 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭

So I'm trying to give up the cigarettes by using nicotine pouches. I bought extra strong ones accidentally.

Now I forgot I had one in and my colleague unexpectedly bought pizza so I ate pizza and accidentally swallowed the pouch.

Should I go to the doctor? Google says you'll be grand but I am not sure. It will at least be sitting on a bed of food in me stomach but I wouldn't want to risk intestine damage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Well I wouldn't be asking on an anonymous forum that's for sure... Contact the manufacturer or read their instructions, or go to the doctor

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,423 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Can you explain how you consumed it? Did you take it off and put it on the pizza or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭machaseh

antodeco wrote: »
    Can you explain how you consumed it? Did you take it off and put it on the pizza or something?

So I had it under me lip as you do and then I forgot about it and then someone came around with pizza so I took a big bite and wolfed that down and then I noticed oh sh1te where's me nicotine pouch and it's in my stomach now normally I would take it out before eating.

Drinking is usually fine as it doesn't cause me to swallow the pouch.

Update: I survived at least until today. So I suppose I'll poop the little fecker out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

WTF is a nicotine pouch?

At first I thought you were mid-spelling ‘patch’, but if you are, you’re misusing it too by putting it on your lip!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

Depends how much nicotine, and the damage it will do when the pouch dissolves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Titclamp

Did you crave any smokes since?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

So long as you don't smoke a pack and start taking the lozenges you'll be grand

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

WTF is a nicotine pouch?
    A great way of getting mouth or gum cancer by all accounts.

Alun wrote: »
    A great way of getting mouth or gum cancer by all accounts.

They are by no means risk free but if smoking a pack of cigs is like downing a bottle of wodka on one night, a nicotine pouch is like drinking a half pint in comparison in terms of health risk.

• Advertisement

WTF is a nicotine pouch?

At first I thought you were mid-spelling ‘patch’, but if you are, you’re misusing it too by putting it on your lip!

https://www.haypp.com/eu/whats-a-nicotine-pouch

• Registered Users Posts: 1 growthlyzet

An incredible method of getting mouth or gum malignancy apparently.

Advertisement