Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fathers day: what a load of ****e

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Yes,but they feel entitled to Father's Day too. It's the annual attempt to diminish a father's role in the family unit.

The father isn't there. How could their role be any further diminished?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Load a me hole here too.

MOTHERS DAY

You pull out all the stops, Get the brekkie in, a card , some flowers , maybe a gift from the kids if there's something she wants, ask her what she wants to do for the day or tell her to head off with her friends/family and enjoy the day.

FATHERS DAY

Sure ya don't need a card or anything, Here's your kids, now **** off out with them for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I like this thread. Makes me feel like a great wife, with great kids. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

The father isn't there. How could their role be any further diminished?

I'm talking in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Just something to think about . Not all single mothers are raising their children alone by choice . Marriages /relationships fail , some stay together for the childrens sake , some split for the same reason .
    Some Fathers raise their children on their own , likewise with some mothers .

So if a single dad gets a Happy Mothers day wish, I don't begrudge a single mother getting a Happy Fathers day greeting either .

Tis a Happy Sunday !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Maximiilus

Chin up buddy

• Don't they have Mothers Day?:confused:

Fooking gimps!

Maybe if they were more picky with the men they procreate with they wouldn't have to play both roles :pac:

I am not having a go at all single mothers here, just the ones who post sh1t like what was mentioned above in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Hammer89

We brought our old man out for a bite to eat. There's a bunch of stuff we could've got him, but why not bring him to his favourite restaurant instead? You can't put a price on that in my view. Not to detract from an already nice and sentimental post, but the waitress has a fantastic arse, and her jeans were so tight that you could see a perfect outline of the phone in her back pocket, so it was a nice night for me too.

• Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Just something to think about . Not all single mothers are raising their children alone by choice . Marriages /relationships fail , some stay together for the childrens sake , some split for the same reason .
    Some Fathers raise their children on their own , likewise with some mothers .

So if a single dad gets a Happy Mothers day wish, I don't begrudge a single mother getting a Happy Fathers day greeting either .

Tis a Happy Sunday !

I am fully aware that its not always the womens fault when they end up as single parents. I know one parent can sometimes die or the relationship can end.....

On mothers day you don't really see attention seeking guys saying "happy mothers day to me because bla bla". These single mothers that people are complaining about seem bitter at men because of their own bad choices and they spout some sh!te to be fair. Some women (the mintority) seem to want to diminish the mans role within the household.

Yet again I am going to say its the vast majority of single mothers that I am complaining about.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,410 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

And then you have that stupid facebook post going around about things to tell your daughters
    No.9 you don't ever NEED a man.

Yes you ****in do..what does your husband think of you sharing a post stating that??
    I'm pretty sure if we men posted it we'll be crucified on national tv.

• Advertisement

I am fully aware that its not always the womens fault when they end up as single parents. I know one parent can sometimes die or the relationship can end.....

On mothers day you don't really see attention seeking guys saying "happy mothers day to me because bla bla". These single mothers that people are complaining about seem bitter at men because of their own bad choices and they spout some sh!te to be fair. Some women (the mintority) seem to want to diminish the mans role within the household.

Yet again I am going to say its the vast majority of single mothers that I am complaining about.

It wasn't my intention to imply that you weren't aware that relationships fail for various reasons . Tbh , my post wasn't directed at you or any other poster in particular .

Sorry if it came across that way , as it was meant from my experience/knowledge .

• Mam of 4 wrote: »
    It wasn't my intention to imply that you weren't aware that relationships fail for various reasons . Tbh , my post wasn't directed at you or any other poster in particular .

Sorry if it came across that way , as it was meant from my experience/knowledge .

I wasn't having a go at you ;) Just ranting is all :p

I wasn't having a go at you ;) Just ranting is all :p

Thank fcuk for that , rant away !!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I was brought out to my fav restaurant for a slap up meal and few pints to wash it down. Both kids 10 & 15 contributed some of their own money to the bill.
    Hand made cards this morning, breakfast in bed.

redhen94 wrote: »
    For those fathers who got recognition today, congratulations. And mothers who raised kids alone, like mine RIP, congratulations too. And for those who were forgotten, at least you know you did your best for your kids. Big hugs to those who weren't recognised. I'm a parent, although not a father. Come to think of it, my brood didn't remember their dad today either. Better give them a prod. Fathers are special. But for those who had a troubled relationship with their fathers, big hugs to you too. Life is such an interesting experience. So different for each and every one of us. Different families have different dynamics. Isn't that true?

That's a pretty wanky post. You're probably lovely, but that's an awful load of muck as far as I'd be concerned.

My own recently departed this life. Anyone (even my beloved Mam who did and does great for all of our family) who thinks it okay to wear away at the great importance of a good father (not some single mother or whatever) by whoring for attention and thanks on today of all days, if they are not in fact fathers (real fathers, with meat and veg hanging between their legs) is acting like a grade-A plonker.

Fathers Day. Fathers. Not mothers (RIP etc), single mothers, aunties and long lost golden retrievers and anyone else who wants to **** all over the chance to celebrate good men being good fathers and being shown a bit of gratitude for it just because the attention and praise isn't coming your way.

If you're not a Father, take a back seat. Sit back and STFU (and I do genuinely mean that as politely as I could say it) and just let the Da get a bit of a thank you, without all your whinging and blustering and whataboutery. You'll get a chance make your cries for attention some other day, lest your offspring fail to meet your expectations regarding the celebration you deserve, but today is about the Da's of this world.

Fair play to ye, oul lads. Be good to your kids and never forget what you all mean to each and every one of them. The day will come when they'll wish they made more of a deal out of Fathers Day, out of every day. Make sure at that time they'll know you thought the world of them too. And don't mind Mammy sulking in the corner. She'll get over it...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

erica74 wrote: »
    Those are things you *have* to provide to the children you chose to bring into the world. What have you done to deserve a father's day card?

Worked hard to provide a shelter over their heads and kept them fed.

Such a **** comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

We don't do these kinds of days in our house. He knows he's appreciated and loved as do I.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Don't they have Mothers Day?:confused:

Fooking gimps!
    They never could get enough even of the other !;)

That reminds me. I need to wish my dead father a happy fathers day on Twitter and as many other social media sites as possible for complete strangers to read. The fact that my father could barely operate a remote control let alone a computer and wouldn't even read it if he were alive is what will make this heartfelt gesture even more meaningful.
    But but but it’s what he would have wanted !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Permabear wrote: »
    This post had been deleted.

Ah lovely!

When I was a child there was no Father's Day; but as there was mostly no father at home... Would have loved to have been able to have a dad to give to like that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Me and my sister just got up early and made a nice breakfast of french toast and bacon and smoothie for my dad and mum, and my sister made a little card and a picture frame with a picture of her and my dad. No need to spend money on anymore unless ****e nobody really wants, we all get enough of that at christmas

Are some Fathers nervous on Fathers day that they may actually be found ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭nuac

As a father and grandfather I support the idea of Fathers' Day.

The cards don't have to be Hallmark - the handmade ones are best.

Had a great day myself,

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Breakfast in bed
    Homemade cards
    Allowed watch wheeler dealer on TV
    Dinner cooked for me
    Drinks and snacks handed to me all evening as I was reclined out on the couch

Best day of the year, it almost makes the other miserable 364 days of the year bearable

Advertisement