Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

travel from clonee to grand canal square

• 18-07-2017 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭

can somebody help with an idea of commuting plan from clonee to grand canal square?
    if I wish to take bike with me to travel in the train from clonsilla to pearse, is it easy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

During peak hours you can only take fold up bikes so bringing a bike might not be the best option. Have you looked into the Docklands line? It's 10 min walk to Grand canal sq.

If you have a car you can park for free in dunboyne station and possibly Hansfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Depends what time you mean and what part of Clonee.

The trains are standing room only at peak. Barely room for a folding bike most of the time. I don't bring mine unless I'm going off peak. Might be better from Hansfield. A few obnoxious people bring full sized bikes.

Defiantly get the docklands. Its lot quicker.

The whole journey by bike is only about 60 mins and down the canal more than half of it is off the road. Google it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,240 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Put your exact locations and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk".

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

There's also the option to rent a locker at the train station if you just need to get from clonee to the train. Walking at the other end is quick

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

There's also the Dublin Bikes stations near Docklands Station and Grand Canal Dock, though they are pretty busy in the morning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement