Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

12 months free Amazon Prime Video for eir broadband customers

Options
  • 14-11-2019 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

Nice little offer from Eir today. For both new and existing broadband customers - 12 months free of Amazon Prime Video (not regular Prime with the 2-day shipping).

https://www.eir.ie/primevideo/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Not stackable for existing members.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

I presume this means you'll be stuck with the less-extensive Irish Prime video selection? I can't see Amazon changing your account to UK if you've availed of this offer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

blastman wrote: »
    I presume this means you'll be stuck with the less-extensive Irish Prime video selection? I can't see Amazon changing your account to UK if you've availed of this offer!

Mind-boggling that they still limit our selection. There are movies from last year that there is no legal way to rent/buy digitally, only hard copy.

Is the prime video catalog defined by IP location (like Netflix) or account origin?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

At the moment account origin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Mind-boggling that they still limit our selection. There are movies from last year that there is no legal way to rent/buy digitally, only hard copy.

I work in this area and if only you knew the legal wrangles involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

I work in this area and if only you knew the legal wrangles involved.

Brought on by distributors trying to protect their massive profit margins no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emclau

Curious what content there is/ whether the PrimeDecember Premier League games are included...

It’s for 12 months only - after that a €6 charge will apply billed via Eir account... just remember to cancel!

T&C
    Any new or existing eir Broadband customer can avail of 12 months Amazon Prime Video, courtesy of eir. When the promotion ends, your Prime Video membership continues uninterrupted as you are automatically enrolled into a monthly payment plan of the standard price of (€5.99/month) This will be paid as part of your eir bill. You can cancel this membership should you wish to discontinue the service on www.myeir.ie and you will no longer be billed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I have the UK one snd I find it poor, rarely watch anything. Netflix is far far superior. I get sick of picking things that require payment

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

TheDriver wrote: »
    I have the UK one snd I find it poor, rarely watch anything. Netflix is far far superior. I get sick of picking things that require payment

I find it nearly as good as Netflix for tv, less shovelware type shows IMO. The big problem is the GUI, there should be an option to exclude any subscription channels at least, paid shows from Amazon can fcuk off too but less likely.

• Advertisement

kindalen wrote: »
    At the moment account origin.

How is the account origin set?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Anyone know if availing of this offer restarts your eir contract? Can't see anything on their website or in the terms and conditions.

Regards

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭kindalen

Thanks.

Not 100% sure, but I assume it is based on the address you provide when you set up account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭beardo81

Worth it for The Office. What a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,393 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

sweetie wrote: »
    I find it nearly as good as Netflix for tv, less shovelware type shows IMO. The big problem is the GUI, there should be an option to exclude any subscription channels at least, paid shows from Amazon can fcuk off too but less likely.
    I agree, they so want you to spend money

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

For anyone on primevideo who would like the UK version (it does have a better selection) and who's morals are questionable (like mine) just throw a dart at a map of the UK, get onto the chat and tell them you've moved there and ask for the UK prime. No prime goes unpunished as they say...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

bfa1509 wrote: »
    For anyone on primevideo who would like the UK version (it does have a better selection) and who's morals are questionable (like mine) just throw a dart at a map of the UK, get onto the chat and tell them you've moved there and ask for the UK prime. No prime goes unpunished as they say...

I didn't even need a UK address when I got mine changed. I logged on to their customer support and asked for my Prime to be relocated to UK. The agent just said okay that's done is there anything else I can do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Is it only possible to watch Prime Video through the new Eir TV app. Doesn't work with any device running Android 7

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

Has anybody been able to successfully sign up for this? Logged into MyEir and cannot see any option to do so. Thanks

Has anybody been able to successfully sign up for this? Logged into MyEir and cannot see any option to do so. Thanks

According to https://www.eir.ie/support/eirtv/amazon-prime-video-service/ it's website only registration for the first week. Registration via MyEir app not available yet

• Advertisement

Dec4 wrote: »
    According to https://www.eir.ie/support/eirtv/amazon-prime-video-service/ it's website only registration for the first week. Registration via MyEir app not available yet
    Apologies no sign of "Get it Now" on banner as suggested on website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I didn't even need a UK address when I got mine changed. I logged on to their customer support and asked for my Prime to be relocated to UK. The agent just said okay that's done is there anything else I can do for you.

A foot massage would be great thanks. :D I love how yielding they are in the chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Dec4 wrote: »
    Is it only possible to watch Prime Video through the new Eir TV app. Doesn't work with any device running Android 7

I watch it on Google Chromecast or PS4 if that's any use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I just followed the link to sign up, after signing into my Amazon account I get an error message that I must be resident in Ireland. So it would appear you cannot avail of this offer if your prime account is set to UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Sappy404 wrote: »

First they take our spuds and now this.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

Thanks.

default shipping address only. CC and IP can't work for them.

You can still ship to Ireland just need to change from the default shipping address. I have mine as a drop ship address just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Flashdan

Thanks OP. Free is always good. Watched Wonder Woman again last night on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Del007

Flashdan wrote: »
    Thanks OP. Free is always good. Watched Wonder Woman again last night on it.

Perv ;)

Anyone managed to sign up yet through website??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

Any idea anyone, how many devices can you register Prime on if you sign up with Eir, I can't seem to find the answer on the Eir webpage.

Advertisement