Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anti establishment -Social media accounts

• 19-07-2020 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

I have a friend who’s is constantly reposting on social media from a number of facebook pages. The narrative always seems very similar such as opposed to any current policy direction and extreme left leaning narrative. The Facebook pages such as Ireland Says no, paddy Dubh, Tiger reborn, Election Ireland, support for nurses, midwives and front line workers, yellow vest Ireland and a few more. Does anyone know are these legit organisations or who is behind them ? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭FrostyJack

P2C wrote: »
    I have a friend who’s is constantly reposting on social media from a number of facebook pages. The narrative always seems very similar such as opposed to any current policy direction and extreme left leaning narrative. The Facebook pages such as Ireland Says no, paddy Dubh, Tiger reborn, Election Ireland, support for nurses, midwives and front line workers, yellow vest Ireland and a few more. Does anyone know are these legit organisations or who is behind them ? Thanks

Some of those pages if not most are not "left leaning" they are are crazy right wing sites. They are anti-immigration, anti-lgbt, anti-abortion, anti anything that would offend anyone with a chip on their shoulder. I have "friends" that post them all the time. Some are probably grassroot supported, others would have questionable origins, possibly supported or originated overseas. If they post articles from the likes of the Liberal, run a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

They’re just platforms for idiots to vent. Lookup The Adrian McKenna show for a prime example.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭friendlyfun

I know what you mean. In my experience they're usually far-right ****e or SF/PBP ****e like "Not my Taoiseach" etc. There's also a worrying rise in people posting that the pandemic is some sort of conspiracy to control populations and how we're all sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

I know what you mean. In my experience they're usually far-right ****e or SF/PBP ****e like "Not my Taoiseach" etc. There's also a worrying rise in people posting that the pandemic is some sort of conspiracy to control populations and how we're all sheep.

I wouldn't be too worried about this, most of these Terminally Stupid people are essentially attention seekers looking to spread their ignorant bullshít but are pretty much ridiculed as the idiots they are. These don't try to convince people rather they want to shout to feel good and feel like they have some cause and whenever someone counter's their argument and how it's full of holes they'll try and shout over them because they're unable to process the simple fact their arguments are invalid and wrong and based on shoddy and inaccurate information.

What should be a concern is where are they getting money from, the like's of Gemma aren't getting money from regular people and likely they're getting money from Alt-Retard supporters from the likes of the states. That should be a bit of a concern to be honest expecially since their braindead stupidity is one of the main reasons their country has over 130k deaths and Corona is running rampant.

Advertisement