Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who leave their curtains open in the suburbs

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,566 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

mariaalice wrote: »
    There is a more serious aspect to this as well.

When my husband was working from home he was always conscious of closing the window even in the very hot weather we had, if he was having a meeting.

I have overheard what must be a confidential financial and legal issue being discussed by a neighbor who was working from home seemed to have forgotten they had the window open.

It is a real issue. With some of the more ultra efficient buildings its really obligatory to open the windows all night long to prevent overheating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Most country houses have a wall or fence. Around em.
    The point about living in rural areas is very few people can see you unless you live close to a road.
    I know someone who lives in a house. The front driveway is about 500 yards long.
    A car might pass by maybe once every 20 minutes.
    Not everyone needs lots of bush's in front of the house.
    Every house is different in rural areas

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Sure that's nothing op, I've had couples riding, doing drugs, stripping and even die on the back of the bus......

2 junkies banging each other on Christmas Eve 2017 and many people including kids upstairs but it didn't stop them....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Has anyone tried that one way reflective film for windows? Would it look weird in a front room?
    Yes.

Depending on which way round you put it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,537 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It might be laziness in some cases, but looking at some of the new MacMansions down home, a lot of them have hired landscaping but have (seemingly deliberately) avoided anything that obstructs the house.

Annoyingly, they're all built to the same paint-by-numbers design, so they're not even adding anything to the architecture of the area. Once you've seen one of these concrete & PVC piles, you've seen them all.

image.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement