Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

That's Ortega's round, we have a fight here lads.
    He's hurting him when he hits him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,341 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Did not expect Holloway to let him in like that, definitely a fight on here!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

I'll give that to Ortega, even though he seemed to tire towards the end of the round. I wonder if Holloway will get on his bike a bit now after that.

I wish Ortega threw a few more leg kicks, they looked nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Much better round from Ortega there but Holloway still could have edged it, great round.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Max is smashing him up but commentators not saying it ...

• Advertisement

Ortega's ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭chin nuts

my stream just went :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Love to see Conor vs Max now

They could stop this here.

Ortega out on his feet. Nothing left. Great heart though.

• Advertisement

Jesus Max is just so good.

Ortega too tough for his own good. He's done, Max is phenomenal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

That was a mauling

And it’s all over. What a striking display from Max, just awesome stuff.

I think Rener basically called the doctor over there to end it. If he did massive respect to him for that call, Ortega is out of it.

scudzilla wrote: »
    Love to see Conor vs Max now

I'd love to see him move up to lightweight, there's 3 or 4 amazing fights waiting for him up there. He's completely cleared out the featherweight division.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Rogan is such a terrible commentator.

Ortega looks like he has an arm injury too the way he’s holding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Max so relentless, ortega tough as sh1t

The biggest issue with Rogan is whoever's the champion at the time is "the best ever" after one or two defences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gonad

Max is like a Zombie . Hell of a fighter .

Loved that fight

He battered the sh1te out of him..

he's really going on about the best ever tonight, how many times does he have to say it....all through the night. Commentary team was poor overall tonight for some reason, I don't remember Felder co-commentating with Rogan before.

Holloway v McGregor would obviously be incredible. I'd have to think if Holloway got hit a few times the way Ortega caught him tonight, he'd be a lot more affected by McGregor's power. McGregor is great (or at least was) at sliding out of range too. Holloway probably has a better gas tank over 5 rounds, so it'd definitely be interesting.

Holloway had nothing for McGregor five years ago. Both have gotten better, Max a lot better than he was, switches stances with ease, moves in and out but still gets hit and seems to accept a few to get his volume off. Get McGregor on the salads and make it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

What a night, brilliant end ---and congrats to Max. But Gunny stole it for me , lol...gushing blood and that goofy smile erased off cowboy. LOVED IT. Hope he snags a bonus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Outstanding by Max and that's the division cleaned out.

I would love to see him move to light weight, he'd be a match for any of them
    If I had one mma wish it would be Ferguson Holloway...two fighters who would go all out for five.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Missed all of this but got the main spoiled, can't wait to watch it now :D just caught Danas presser, ****ting on Tyron again he is .

The biggest issue with Rogan is whoever's the champion at the time is "the best ever" after one or two defences.

Yeah. I don't know how Rogan can say Max's reign is better than Aldos reign already. Is Joe forgetting who aldo beat throughout the years names like Mendez x2, Korean zombie, Faber, lamas etc.

In saying that Max looked unreal last night, what a show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'll be honest I thought whatever happened at the weight cut in the summer might have f**ked up Max permanently but I'm glad I was wrong.
    In a way I expected Sheva to knock out Jedrzejczyk but not surprised at that result in the slightest. The latter goes back to waiting on the eventual Andrade vs Namajunas fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Yeah. I don't know how Rogan can say Max's reign is better than Aldos reign already. Is Joe forgetting who aldo beat throughout the years names like Mendez x2, Korean zombie, Faber, lamas etc.

In saying that Max looked unreal last night, what a show.

I onow he is the hype man but I do wonder if ihe is speaking in the context of fghters being so much more rounded now and having more skills and there are less westler v striker v bjj.

Advertisement