Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon now offering 0% credit on certain items?

Options
  • 06-12-2018 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this is exactly the right forum for it, or if this is a new feature or not (I've certainly never noticed it before anyway) but leading on from this thread, when I click the link, it's giving me an option to buy at 0% interest over x 5 months.

Screenshot-20181206-182924-Chrome.jpg

Might come in handy for a few lads.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Not sure if this is exactly the right forum for it, or if this is a new feature or not (I've certainly never noticed it before anyway) but leading on from this thread, when I click the link, it's giving me an option to buy at 0% interest over x 5 months.

Screenshot-20181206-182924-Chrome.jpg

Might come in handy for a few lads.

UK residents

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

the German site is offering 12 months 0% credit too....presumably to German residents only

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Yeah, they're offering finance so I think you have to be UK resident?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

UK residents

I don't think so, the only restriction I faced at all was something about currency converter.

Switched my payment method to my revolut card and I could go the whole way through to actually order.

I don't think so, the only restriction I faced at all was something about currency converter.

Switched my payment method to my revolut card and I could go the whole way through to actually order.

Aaaand....... ordered successfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Easy Rider

Aaaand....... ordered successfully.

Out of interest, what did you buy that had this option?

Just to be clear folks.

I ordered stuff via revolut and to PW (One of the items won't officially ship here) and had zero probs.

I test it out later direct to my Irish address.

donnyvegas wrote: »
    I don't get any finance option

Yeah, same.

• Advertisement

donnyvegas wrote: »
    I don't get any finance option
    Easy Rider wrote: »
    Yeah, same.

Hmmmm

Only thing I can this of is that I have a PW address registered, and also got customer service to set My prime region to the U.K ages ago though. :confused:

I just ordered a Pocophone under the finance option. 5 x payments of 62£.

Anyone else able to confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Surely this is underwritten by some company?
    If so once they see a non residential address it will be refused?

Hmmmm

Only thing I can this of is that I have a PW address registered, and also got customer service to set My prime region to the U.K ages ago though. :confused:

I just ordered a Pocophone under the finance option. 5 x payments of 62£.

Anyone else able to confirm?

I used my parcel motel in NI and also have my prime set up for UK. At what stage you seeing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

fritzelly wrote: »

They’ve hundreds of billions in the bank. No reason for them not to do it themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

I ordered a projector with this on black Friday, I originally ordered to my Irish address and they accepted the order but I changed it to PW because it arrived a week earlier and was a bit cheaper with the VAT. I'd say it is only offered to people who have a UK address as their billing address, I use my PW one to get the UK prime video.

Gone from my revolut straight away under installments.

2018-12-06-23-22-32.png

Easy Rider wrote: »
    I used my parcel motel in NI and also have my prime set up for UK. At what stage you seeing this?

If it's eligible for a finance option it will be displayed under the price.

Fairly random it seems.

Also a few items that had originally been offering me finance now aren't.

Glitch perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,245 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

They must have got accredited in the uk, can't just offer credit nilly willy, it's regulated. don't see how that could work in ireland tho

Following with interest

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭stesaurus

There was a big thread on hukd a week or two back. It was pretty random in terms of who was eligible with the majority of users being from the UK.
    I'd says it's on some sort of trial basis with users selected randomly to a degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭redmissb

Seems a similar set up to QVC easy pay, I've used that a good few times. Just pay over 3 or 4 instalments.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

dor83 wrote: »
    I ordered a projector with this on black Friday, I originally ordered to my Irish address and they accepted the order but I changed it to PW because it arrived a week earlier and was a bit cheaper with the VAT. I'd say it is only offered to people who have a UK address as their billing address, I use my PW one to get the UK prime video.

Not seeing it all (using the examples here)
    Have pM as billing and postal address

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭dercunx

I got 2 Echo Dots and a Fire Stick using this during their Black Friday deals. UK billing address and sent to my Irish address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭dor83

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Not seeing it all (using the examples here)
    Have pM as billing and postal address

Even with a UK billing address it selected customers only, one of the conditions said your account needs to have been active for over a year for example but there were a lot more conditions in it. It is supposed to be for UK residents only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

dor83 wrote: »
    Even with a UK billing address it selected customers only, one of the conditions said your account needs to have been active for over a year for example but there were a lot more conditions in it. It is supposed to be for UK residents only.

Yeah, I'm all Uk setup - card/prime/region UK/billing address etc
    I must be a risk! :)
    No bother, it's just intersting to see how it's offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Serbian

They must have got accredited in the uk, can't just offer credit nilly willy, it's regulated. don't see how that could work in ireland tho

Following with interest

You can follow on Amazon interest free.

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm all Uk setup - card/prime/region UK/billing address etc
    I must be a risk! :)
    No bother, it's just intersting to see how it's offered.

Haven't a clue how it's selected, seems to be extremely random, and yesterday was the first time I ever noticed these offers.

To save Any one else looking, these things don't seems to have any finance offered.

Nvidia Shield.
    4K tvs
    PlayStation
    Xbox ones.
    Air fryer

So, I'm wondering if what's on offer via 0% finance is products they can deactivate remotely if you don't pay?

E.g.. So.far I have ordered a Pocophone, which prob can be blocked via the IME no, and fire sticks are also available under finance option, again Amazon can prob make these useless on there end if you fail to stick to the agreement?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Haven't a clue how it's selected, seems to be extremely random, and yesterday was the first time I ever noticed these offers.

To save Any one else looking, these things don't seems to have any finance offered.

Nvidia Shield.
    4K tvs
    PlayStation
    Xbox ones.
    Air fryer

So, I'm wondering if what's on offer via 0% finance is products they can deactivate remotely if you don't pay?

E.g.. So.far I have ordered a Pocophone, which prob can be blocked via the IME no, and fire sticks are also available under finance option, again Amazon can prob make these useless on there end if you fail to stick to the agreement?
    Surely they're rich enough that they can just send some hired goons to break your legs?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Hired Goons!??

BR8Slj-CEAElCOp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭geotrig

I saw it during the week and presumed it was more tied in with having a uk registered card "revolut" or the likes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

Just purchased the Huawei 115016.0 Stainless Steel Classic Smartwatch on instalments. All I had to do was change my card to STG for payment, this was done at the checkout stage. Irish card, irish address :)

Advertisement