Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£114 Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite - (Dual SIM) 32GB 3GB RAM

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

It's being described as the UK version, when in actual fact it's just the global version getting shipped. There is no UK version. The global version works perfectly here though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

RossieMan wrote: »
    It's being described as the UK version, when in actual fact it's just the global version getting shipped. There is no UK version. The global version works perfectly here though.

UK version doesn't have band 21- the global one does........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What's band 21?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

As long as it has 2 the 2 bands we need: is it band 20 and 8?

TheDriver wrote: »
    As long as it has 2 the 2 bands we need: is it band 20 and 8?

it does

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

I ordered from Amazon too was meant to be delivered 3/12 still nothing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Amazon's delivery service has gone to the dogs.
    I dont know why I'm paying for Prime ,the deliveries were much faster with normal delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Now available at £179:mad:

Now available at £179:mad:

Thats good, its back in stock for sale. It should ship now

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

I ordered 2 on 21/11, ;139, both now shipped, stress over, would it be worth getting on to amazon , re price drop on 23rd or waste of time?

• Advertisement

chris1970 wrote: »
    I ordered 2 on 21/11, ;139, both now shipped, stress over, would it be worth getting on to amazon , re price drop on 23rd or waste of time?

I would get on to them.

Best customer service by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Paddy_man

chris1970 wrote: »

My order was still en route when the price dropped from 139, I contacted them and they wouldnt do a refund of the diff. Told me to order again, accept delivery of the one that was on the way and return it.. I told him it would cost them more than the refund, but he was having none of it..

Worth a try though, you might get a softer CS rep than me..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

chris1970 wrote:
    I ordered 2 on 21/11, ;£139, both now shipped, stress over, would it be worth getting on to amazon , re price drop on 23rd or waste of time?

Waste of time. They won't change it. Ask you to return and reorder. But you can't given its not on sale anymore.

I missed the sale by 20 minutes and they wouldn't change it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Thats good, its back in stock for sale. It should ship now

Nope. I don't know WTF Amazon are playing at, but I'm a fool for subscribing to this ****ty service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Black Friday and December, plus huge demand for one particular item, and you expect delivery times to be normal?

As for price changes, it's called variable pricing, it's what they do. It's up to you to decide to take a given price.

Hoboo wrote: »
    Black Friday and December, plus huge demand for one particular item, and you expect delivery times to be normal?

No. But is it unreasonable to expect delivery before the relisted item is delivered (showing "FREE Delivery by Tuesday") ?

Dispatched. UPS tracking. :)

Same here

I got myself one of these from eglobal, not here yet, but it cost me 135 odd euro.

Anyway, it's surplus to requirements now (got a Pocophone), so if any kind.boardsie wants it at cost price (when it arrives) pm me please.

Received my UK version which has global version written on box. I can't find info on bands anywhere before I open it

• Advertisement

received amazon one today - ordered way back Nov 23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

What's Band 21?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Got a dispatch notice last week, with ups tracking number... Still waiting for delivery. Got an email this morning to say I returned the phone and a refund has been processed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭gooner99

unklerosco wrote: »
    Got a dispatch notice last week, with ups tracking number... Still waiting for delivery. Got an email this morning to say I returned the phone and a refund has been processed!

Me too. I got a couple of delay notification, then the same as you. Ups seem to not be arsed delivering. I'm in Donegal. I was having it delivered to work and our work place is served by all the main couriers on a daily basis. Where abouts are you and did you have an eircode on your address.

Odd thing is I have only just checked the tracking for the first time and it only says label printed on the 7th.

gooner99 wrote: »
    Me too. I got a couple of delay notification, then the same as you. Ups seem to not be arsed delivering. I'm in Donegal. I was having it delivered to work and our work place is served by all the main couriers on a daily basis. Where abouts are you and did you have an eircode on your address.

Odd thing is I have only just checked the tracking for the first time and it only says label printed on the 7th.

I'm in Swords, Dublin... Not far from the ups depot so it's not an issue with delivery. Its an amazon thing I'd say, had a similar issue with black Friday orders last year

I got mine delivered by UPS on Monday. Try chat, they might give you a voucher for the difference in now vs then price. Harp on about missing out on other deals because of this and the long wait you had to endure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mine showed up yesterday by UPS ,Amazon hadn't notified me it had been dispatched .

First impressions ,its smaller than I expected ,the screen is the same width as my Huawei P8 Lite and only a small bit longer.
    19:9 aspect ratio vs 16:9.
    Not sure I see the logic behind a narrower longer phone.

I don't like this notch idea at all .

Zardoz wrote: »
    Mine showed up yesterday by UPS ,Amazon hadn't notified me it had been dispatched .

First impressions ,its smaller than I expected ,the screen is the same width as my Huawei P8 Lite and only a small bit longer.
    19:9 aspect ratio vs 16:9.
    Not sure I see the logic behind a narrower longer phone.

I don't like this notch idea at all .

that new ratio is what pretty much all phones in the last year/ 6 months have gone towards.

upgrade it to android pie (using over the air update - need to use a vpn as not released in ireland yet - search xda - easy to do) and the notch is dealt with much better

android pie is great on this phone - it's the biggest update to android in years and very good especially when using the swipe gestures instead of the navigation buttons

Try chat, they might give you a voucher for the difference in now vs then price. Harp on about missing out on other deals because of this and the long wait you had to endure

Did this and got £65 credited to my account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭DesperateDan

Went with a Google Pixel 1 (new) for €160 on ebay I thought was a good deal. If this was still available anywhere at £115 I would have gone with it.

Advertisement