Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tesco Bargains [Electricals/Home/Media]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

These radiators had a yellow SEL on one of the boxes saying €7.50 this morning in tesco Wilton. The SEL was gone by this evening but they are scanning at €7.50 and there were still 5 after I left, though one of the guys in the local taxi office was sprinting for one!

Available in Clare Hall at 3pm today but you have to ask as only the 2kw and 0.5kw are on display.
    Great bargain!

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Two of my friends went to Wilton today and the last two scanned at 59.95 for them unfortunately. ETA perhaps it could have been 2kW that they scanned by mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭b.gud

ablelocks wrote: »
    Auto Care Car compressor - 3.64
    Auto Care Car battery charger - 5.36 ish

tesco oranmore yesterday

Am I reading this right? Is it this charger for under €6? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭student7890

Two of my friends went to Wilton today and the last two scanned at 59.95 for them unfortunately. ETA perhaps it could have been 2kW that they scanned by mistake?
    I concur with that, I don't recall the price of the 2kw and can't find it online but around 59 sounds accurate

Beam me up Scotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

b.gud wrote: »
    Am I reading this right? Is it this charger for under €6? :eek:

no, it's the 4amp version

• Advertisement

forgot to mention yesterday, there were selected radios and speakers reduced in oranmore and coonagh - upto about 30% off. eg Sony xb2 - marked 112.5 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

They're LED, not halogen..?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭judgefoozle

Quackster wrote: »
    They're LED, not halogen..?? :confused:

Not those so! Definitely halogen I bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

Sorry to say Judgefoozle
    Not a bargain in the long run .

They cost about E1.90 to run every 24 hrs I think. Which can make a big dent on your lecky bill

I thinks its around 16c per Kwh at the moment and thats 500w worth of bulbs.. My math could be miles out but I think thats how it works..

Those 50w halogens bulbs are obsolete

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

They cost about E1.90 to run every 24 hrs I think.

Each bulb costs €1.90 to run every 24hrs ? :eek: Is that true ? I have 8 of the bastards in my kitchen ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

RayCon wrote: »
    Each bulb costs €1.90 to run every 24hrs ? :eek: Is that true ? I have 8 of the bastards in my kitchen ...

no - that's 10 of them. Each one would cost 19c per day (if you had it on all day). LEDs are the way to go, they last much longer as well as being much cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

RayCon wrote: »

That doesn't sound right.

Let's see:

8 x 50W = 400W

400W x 24h = 9600 Wh per day (constant usage)

9600Wh / 1000 = 9.6KWh per day (constant usage)

9.6KWh x 16 cent (sample unit price via http://www.moneyguideireland.com/electricity-prices) = 153.6 cent per day = €1.54 per day for 8 50W bulbs

This assumes constant usage of the bulbs. Even running them for a more plausible 12 hours daily cuts that in half.

EDIT: Though, as Loyat says above, LED based units, even at 10W each, will mean a massive saving compared to Halogen.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭kmurph

Wexford Tesco at the weekend were selling the official Apple smart case (the one that fits the front and back) for the iPad Air 2 at a bargaintastic €9 for the Midnight Blue cover (which I bought) and the Neon Green and Olive Brown cases for €11.95. Odd pricing I thought. These same cases currently go for €89! on Apple's site.

They also had the official cases for the iPad Mini @ €29.95 which weren't much of a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

As an aside, cheap gu10 led won't last anywhere near decent ones so worth paying for them. Amazon have Philips led gu10 for about 3.80 stg each

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kmurph wrote: »
    Wexford Tesco at the weekend were selling the official Apple smart case (the one that fits the front and back) for the iPad Air 2 at a bargaintastic €9 for the Midnight Blue cover (which I bought) and the Neon Green and Olive Brown cases for €11.95. Odd pricing I thought. These same cases currently go for €89! on Apple's site.

They also had the official cases for the iPad Mini @ €29.95 which weren't much of a bargain.

IDShot_225x225.jpg

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=286021831

Davy wrote: »
    Yep, that's the one. Here's a picture for proof.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭long_b

Yep, that's the one. Here's a picture for proof.

We don't need proof.
    Thankfully we're not like that HUKD crowd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

long_b wrote: »
    We don't need proof.
    Thankfully we're not like that HUKD crowd :)

Good deal on the Hovis! :) Wrong thread, I know....

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Carlube 500ml , Dot 4 brake fluid , 50cent . 3in1 oil , 100ml , 80cent . 9" paint roller set €1 .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Carlube 500ml , Dot 4 brake fluid , 50cent . 3in1 oil , 100ml , 80cent . 9" paint roller set 1 .

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

cletus wrote: »
    Where?

Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

Was looking to get a small FM radio for the kitchen & spotted Tesco selling off an FM/DAB version (this one) for half price at €20 in Paul St this evening, were two or three left on the shelf.

Razor b120 Scooter - €14.28 or so
    Bright Starts Baby bouncer chair about €15

some on shelf at Roxborough, Limerick

Still a few of the iPad cases left in Tesco Wexford this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Still a few of the iPad cases left in Tesco Wexford this evening.

Anyone see any of these in around Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Seve OB wrote: »

Yeah, they had a few of the black ones from the photo in the Square yesterday, I picked up a cream one for €4.85, there was no price on it and there was one more left. It's for the iPad Air 2, I bought it for the 1 and it's fits perfectly except the camera hole is slightly off...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Seve OB wrote: »

Or Cork? Specifically for the mini...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

3 for 2 on toys in UK Tesco anyone know will we see that here at any stage, I want Lego.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Picked up a 32in Samsung LED TV for €124 in Poleberry, Waterford yesterday. Last one on the shelf. LOADS of empty shelf space in Electronics dept there and in Ardkeen store yesterday. Hopefully be a few more things there next weekend. Looking to boost my clubcard points significantly in the next week before the vouchers are issued!

Advertisement