Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir Broadband €29.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

Hi

I'm with eir with broadband and couple of mobile phones.
    I've bundled up broadband and phones one at the time (contracts ending on different months) and always was told that it will extend my broadband contact.
    But it never did - they were unable to show me where it says in t&c.

Of course I had to go thru the same conversation each time.
    Just my 5c.

Tom
    They did the same to me but eventually I forced them to e mail me saying my mobile could be ported which I duly did . Received a bill of 600 euro for breaking contract .Called them and after an hour, got through to some unapologetic cretin whom eventually said it was a mistake and would be sorted in 48 hrs .A week later ,it hasnt.When I think they cant get any worse they manage to surprise you.Please avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hi

I'm with eir with broadband and couple of mobile phones.
    I've bundled up broadband and phones one at the time (contracts ending on different months) and always was told that it will extend my broadband contact.
    But it never did - they were unable to show me where it says in t&c.

Of course I had to go thru the same conversation each time.
    Just my 5c.

Tom
    They did the same to me but eventually I forced them to e mail me saying my mobile could be ported which I duly did . Received a bill of 600 euro for breaking contract .Called them and after an hour, got through to some unapologetic cretin whom eventually said it was a mistake and would be sorted in 48 hrs .A week later ,it hasnt.When I think they cant get any worse they manage to surprise you.Please avoid
    Being saying it for years ref eir AVOID

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Same experience. I really don't know how they manage to make the most basic transaction in to a monumental cock up. I cancelled my broadband, house phone and mobile bundle with them and that went well enough. I subsequently ordered a Sim only online for my mobile. They took this as an instruction to activate a new 18 month broadband bundle. After a few hour long calls, I thought I had it sorted. Couple of day later, I get a €250 bill for early cancellation and a text saying my mobile service was restricted until payment is made. Still not sorted

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

doctorg wrote: »
    For anyone that signed for the 29.99 Fibre Broadband deal. Do your accounts show the price as 29.99 ? I'm seeing 36.99

I've checked my account and it's now showing as €31.99 per month :rolleyes: The double discount is still there but the standard price has gone up from €59.99 to €61.99

Edited to add - just did live chat and as I'm paying by direct debit I get a €2 discount so my bill should be €29.99, we'll see

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭ruddy1987

Did everyone get charged a €29.99 activation fee on top of their first months bill ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's standard with Eir to pay for a month in advance and pay for the month that just passed on the first bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

ruddy1987 wrote: »
    Did everyone get charged a €29.99 activation fee on top of their first months bill ?

This was a condition of the offer yes. Its a silly "activation" charge but Eir brought this in sometime in the last 6 months or that. Sky have a similar 25e charge which they say is for the modem and Vodafone don't charge anything either "activation" or "modem".

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭icom

As a long time Eir customer (30+ years), I tried to sign up for this offer.

I was told that I didn't qualify for the offer as I don't have fibre broadband, I live in a rural area and have an ADSL copper connection, with a max download speed of 5 megabits on a good day.

Anyway after a bit of haggling, they agreed to give me a 12 month deal for 39.99 with a new contract. There was no way I could get it for 29.99 :mad:

So I ended up saving 10 euro a month as I have been paying 49.99 ex vat for the past 4 years for my 5 megabit connection. FTTH ended down the road 500 metres from my house, not a happy customer !

icom wrote: »
    As a long time Eir customer (30+ years), I tried to sign up for this offer.

I was told that I didn't qualify for the offer as I don't have fibre broadband, I live in a rural area and have an ADSL cooper connection, with a max download speed of 5 megabits on a good day.

Anyway after a bit of haggling, they agreed to give me a 12 month deal for 39.99 with a new contract. There was no way I could get it for 29.99 :mad:

So I ended up saving 10 euro a month as I have been paying 49.99 ex vat for the past 4 years for my 5 megabit connection. FTTH ended down the road 500 metres from my house, not a happy customer !
    VF waiting for your business

They will be waiting at least 12 months with his new contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

14 day cooling-off period:)
    I will give them a ring on friday as i'm now with eir and if i get the same thing as i have now (up 70, down 10) and unlimited anytime calls for €45 as new customers without cap and activation i will take it otherwise i will go with vodafone this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Anyone have Eir broadband only and not Sky TV, give me a PM will make it worth your while!

To everyone on this thread I’m sorry for posting the Bargain Alert. Awful awful company.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    BBMcQ wrote: »
    Anyone have Eir broadband only and not Sky TV, give me a PM will make it worth your while!

To everyone on this thread I’m sorry for posting the Bargain Alert. Awful awful company.

Sounds like iptv being offered for sale lol
    Yes they're pure ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Vodafone aren't going to replace his copper wires.

Vodafone aren't going to replace his copper wires.
    Just his sanity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Sounds like iptv being offered for sale lol

Lol no, I just know there must be some ppl not using the Sky box functionality who have Eir Broadband only. Not willing to pay €28 a month for Eir Sports but I’m willing to pay some kind samaritan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Just his sanity

I doubt it. Most likely they'd just refuse to even quote a price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭Barr

Anyone get to this on their bill - what is this supposed to be ?

Call Answering 09-Dec-18 to 08-Jan-19 € 1.54

• Registered Users Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Barr wrote:
    Call Answering 09-Dec-18 to 08-Jan-19 € 1.54

Aka voice mail

I don't even have a phone with them , never mind voicemail :)

• Advertisement

I asked them today for new offer for me or cancel my contract - but all i could get was 55€ BB+off peak calls or offer for new customers but not for 45 but 50(which is a lot better then the one for 55) but i said that i want to cancel my contract ... and will be waiting for call back. If not i will join VF for a year.

18 month contracts only from VF so it will be longer than a year.

https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/broadband.html
    Switch today! Vodafone Fibre Broadband only €25 a month for the first 6 months
    12 month contract is an exclusive online offer.*
    Unlimited fibre broadband downloads
    Up to 100Mbps download speed
    12 month contract. €25 a month for 6 months. From €45 a month after that.

Will be €60 for me after 6 months as i will add any time landline and mobile calls.
    Simply Broadband Fibre
    Broadband Voice + Unlimited calls to all Irish Mobiles

Ah my mistake, didn't know they had a special offer online for 12 month contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roxana

loki7777 wrote: »
    I asked them today for new offer for me or cancel my contract - but all i could get was 55€ BB+off peak calls or offer for new customers but not for 45 but 50(which is a lot better then the one for 55) but i said that i want to cancel my contract ... and will be waiting for call back. If not i will join VF for a year.

I called eir this Mon to cancel and he was offering €55 first, then €50, then €45.. but the final offer was €40 for 12 months + off peak calls, so I figured it's a good bargain and stayed with them. No hassle with changing companies during busy xmas time. Be prepared with a list of providers and their plans, let them know you did your research.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I can see the guys out my window in Midleton running Siro fibre to the home. Damned if I'm entering into any contracts for the time being......

roxana wrote: »
    I called eir this Mon to cancel and he was offering €55 first, then €50, then €45.. but the final offer was €40 for 12 months + off peak calls, so I figured it's a good bargain and stayed with them. No hassle with changing companies during busy xmas time. Be prepared with a list of providers and their plans, let them know you did your research.

I don't mind switching - as i'm doing that at least 3-5 times a year with car insurance(2), house , electricity and BB as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭roxana

loki7777 wrote: »
    I don't mind switching - as i'm doing that at least 3-5 times a year with car insurance(2), house , electricity and BB as well ;)

Why? each year is simply enough

Each but different things not only broadband.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what kind of deal you would get after this offer expires.

Are they like sky where you have to negotiate with them, threaten to leave etc.

Is the eir sport pack a standard add on or am I destined to kiss this goodbye after the first year ?

Advertisement