Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Bargains [Groceries]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

How can you use a 50 off voucher on a 36 euro shop?

Obviously other shopping involved to get it up to the total.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Could have bought 12 bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭Kat1170

rubadub wrote: »
    a weatherbeaten redfaced wino.

I think there's more than a few of them hereabouts :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Corvus Libros

RossieMan wrote: »
    How can you use a 50 off voucher on a 36 euro shop?

Obviously other shopping involved to get it up to the total.

Then it's
    8*6*0.75/50*40 = €4.80

I thought everybody was au fait with supermarket maths by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Then it's
    8*6*0.75/50*40 = €4.80

I thought everybody was au fait with supermarket maths by now.

Au fait ???
    Oh fat more like lol
    Why do people feel the need to correct others ??
    Once we a get cheap booze who cares !

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Advertisement

It's more out of interest to how the maths was done.

Even the latest post makes no sense, unless the OP bought 9 bottles to get them for 54 euro with the 25% off. Then minus 10 for 44.

So 4.88 a bottle.

Otherwise the maths don't work. Or I'm just up to early to do maths.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Free groceries or cheap booze, you decide.

6 x €8 = €48. minus €12 off for buying 6 bottles brings the price down to €36. minus the €10 voucher brings the price down to €26. = €4.33 approx per bottle. Yes I did have to bring my spend up to €50 to use the voucher. So I suppose I could have said that I paid €6 per bottle but got a lot of groceries for free.

Incidentally I recently got a €10 off voucher for a €45 spend in Tesco during the week and a €5 off voucher for a €25 euro spend in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Marymidlands

Does anyone know if the vouchers are attached to your club card. I have a 15 off 70 and two 10 off 45. It would be 35 off €160. Can you buy electrical items? Do you stop the shop if using 2 or more vouchers? Thanks I advance .

Vouchers up to the value of 200 euro in one go is allowed. Electric items not excluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

Does anyone know if the vouchers are attached to your club card. I have a 15 off 70 and two 10 off 45. It would be 35 off €160. Can you buy electrical items? Do you stop the shop if using 2 or more vouchers? Thanks I advance .

Clubcard vouchers posted to your home are, those issued on receipts are not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

I had 3 x 10off45 vouchers from Tesco in through the letter box this morning. Each had a specific date span to be used.
    You would be mad to go shopping without a voucher this Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

bromley52 wrote: »
    I had 3 x 10off45 vouchers from Tesco in through the letter box this morning. Each had a specific date span to be used.

Still need to be smart though, Tesco and dunnes have covered the voucher with higher prices on certain items
    Special offers are what I go for and then head to Lidl/aldi for regular shopping

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

OmegaGene wrote:
    Still need to be smart though, Tesco and dunnes have covered the voucher with higher prices on certain items Special offers are what I go for and then head to Lidl/aldi for regular shopping

They definitely do. There's a particular cereal that I buy regularly which is normally e3.29. It's e3.95 now for almost a week. If I could only wean the "Cereal Kid" off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,022 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When ever we're in Dunnes we've always found it expensive compared to our shop in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

OmegaGene wrote: »

Still need to be smart though, Tesco and dunnes have covered the voucher with higher prices on certain items
    Special offers are what I go for and then head to Lidl/aldi for regular shopping

Yes I agree, they seem to drop the price of booze to entice you in (loss leader) and up the price of groceries, especially convenience foods and snacks..I mainly use the vouchers for booze leading up to Christmas and stock up as it won't be this cheap again until Paddy's weekend..Head to Aldi and Lidl for the essentials ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭muckety

Where these in a promo drop or something you got on your clubcard mailing? I didn't get any voucher directly from clubcard though I've made up for it with help from the boardsies who posted the pdf vouchers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

muckety wrote: »
    Where these in a promo drop or something you got on your clubcard mailing? I didn't get any voucher directly from clubcard though I've made up for it with help from the boardsies who posted the pdf vouchers :)
    Promo drop. See attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

can we all print and use these vouchers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

casio4 wrote: »
    can we all print and use these vouchers?

Yep all the same barcode

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Yep all the same barcode

wow thanks :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭vectorvictor

Yep all the same barcode

And the same barcode for every week so ignore the dates (well if using self service anyway)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

And the same barcode for every week so ignore the dates (well if using self service anyway)

And again, that's the exact same barcode as all the vouchers that were given out as till spits and in the papers.

Which means all those vouchers will continue to scan until the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

8 pack of Ferrero Rocher for €1.12!

The 24 pack is beside it on SPECIAL at 6 euros!

8 pack of Ferrero Rocher for 1.12!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,754 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    8 pack of Ferrero Rocher for 1.12!

Which tesco?

mfceiling wrote: »
    Which tesco?

This was in Tesco Mullingar. No special ticket etc...just crazy low price. Not sure if it's in all of the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Phil1969

When ever we're in Dunnes we've always found it expensive compared to our shop in Tesco.

Yeah Dunnes is more expensive than Tesco for many things but I find most meat/poultry cheaper in Dunnes. But I like our local Dunnes because they give out 20% off vouchers all year around so it works out cheaper than Tesco. I do like Tesco for certain things but I do my main shop at Dunnes.

Oh, my wife started to buy pork from the Polish shop nearby, 30% cheaper than most supermarkets and fresher!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,371 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    This was in Tesco Mullingar. No special ticket etc...just crazy low price. Not sure if it's in all of the shops

not showing online, I wonder if they are short dated. Stuff in mine has been sold very cheaply with no signs up saying its an offer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Used at the checkout today, no issues, thanks for posting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Now to try and think how to best spend 45 quid to save 10...

Any ideas? Booze not an option.

Advertisement