Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC/MMA Gambling. **NO AFTER-TIMING**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Same as that
    Price on horcher seems big to me

batista surely worth a bet here and surprised he's the underdog

no more that the girls fight there neither fight was priced up on oddschecker

mailburner wrote: »
    batista surely worth a bet here and surprised he's the underdog

no more that the girls fight there neither fight was priced up on oddschecker
    Yikes!
    Last thing I expected

hunt is 13/10 now

what am I missing? why such an underdog and why the drift?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

hunt is 13/10 now

what am I missing? why such an underdog and why the drift?

He's almost 45 and is like an old creaky ship. He needs to jack it in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

dulux99 wrote: »
    He's almost 45 and is like an old creaky ship. He needs to jack it in

I saw Willis fight Sterman live in New Jersey and wasn't one bit impressed. Could be another walk-off KO for Hunt

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭tinpib

UFC ceremonial weigh in nonsense on now. My gut says/hopes Valentina will smash Joanna, but got a shock at the price. Joanna is 3.75, that's absolutely huge. Valentina 1.28.

I think Joanna could be similar to Ngannou recently, some poor performances and suddenly written off, she might be back to her devastating best again. At that price I think she is worth a punt [ but would be happy if Valentina wins, she deserves a break after fights falling apart recently].

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

I honestly don't see how Joanna can beat Valentina

I think shev might win but the odds on jj are ridiculously big imo

will be closer than the odds suggest I think

xtal191 wrote: »
    I honestly don't see how Joanna can beat Valentina

Me either. Shev is a counter striker and JJ is all forward, Shev much stronger also. Odds are correct imo. I know it's a different sport but it's hard to ignore that Shev has beaten her 3 times in Thai boxing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Hakeem Dawodu by decision

17/10 w/ Paddy Power

A Canadian Featherweight fighter who has won by decision on a Canada card before

His opponent only has losses by decision

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Gunni on points? 7/1

Oliveira has decent sub record so no going to be caught easily.

Oliveira sub at evens stands out for me so I took that

Hooker has looked great but he's the underdog in some lists v barboza which I find hard to believe
    This is the acid test for him but barboza for me

Font pettis to go the distance at 8/11 I like also and very hard to oppose Kevin Lee

Accum pays almost 8/1 tho I'm sure one will let me down at the very least

Oliveira sub at evens stands out for me so I took that

Hooker has looked great but he's the underdog in some lists v barboza which I find hard to believe
    This is the acid test for him but barboza for me

Font pettis to go the distance at 8/11 I like also and very hard to oppose Kevin Lee

Accum pays almost 8/1 tho I'm sure one will let me down at the very least

fcuk sake kevin lee :( thought I was sorted after the first three obliging

should have lumped on that oliveira sub

Like others have posted on the main UFC 232 card thread, I think Nunes is a brilliant price at 2.9 to beat Cyborg.

In many ways Cyborg is a hype machine, her name/nickname, her reputation from when she used to smash people to bits back when she looked 'stronger'.

Recently she has looked more average. 'Soccermom' Tonya Evinger took her 3 rounds, she beat Holly on points, then outclassed Kunitskaya who seemed to get her shot via an administrative error of a fly squashed on a typewriter as in in the movie Brazil.

Nunes is a completely different prospect, on a long winning streak and with the power and tools to stop opponents and not get a bore decision like the majority of women's fights.

Also there is the aura of the physical size of Cyborg, according to wiki both women are 5ft 8", let's see how Cyborg responds against an equal sized opponent with KO power.

2.9 is an incredible price on Nunes.

plenty of 2s and boyles go 9/4 on nunes https://www.oddschecker.com/ufc-mma/amanda-nunes-v-cristiane-justino/winner

money is coming for her bigtime now, loads were 12/5 or 9/4 a couple of
    days ago

I agree though in that she has all the tools to stop cyborg if she doesnt get
    clipped early herself

Was just about to edit my post, indeed 3.25 available on Boyles, I hadn't checked. A brilliant price.

Have also gone with Gus to win, 3.4 available. I think that's crazy again. Their first fight was 48–47, 48–47, 49–46, no reason to think it won't be similar. I could see Gus outpointing him. Prices should be a lot closer.

tinpib wrote: »
    Was just about to edit my post, indeed 3.25 available on Boyles, I hadn't checked. A brilliant price.

Have also gone with Gus to win, 3.4 available. I think that's crazy again. Their first fight was 48–47, 48–47, 49–46, no reason to think it won't be similar. I could see Gus outpointing him. Prices should be a lot closer.

agree with you on gus also, it's a price I'm finding too hard to resist.

You are right in that there is no reason to think it won't be similiar but in this
    case for me I might just have a small bet on gus pts simply because it would be like I clicked on a nice bet if he won I want it to happen sooo badly.

I like these three myself

latifi by ko 17/10 has big power and if he connects early with anderson I think he could finish him, for me he needs to get it done in the first 7/8mins

zingano pts 6/4 opposing the other anderson here who I don't rate but she is pretty tough, both have only been finished once (by sub)

chiesa sub 19/10 It's like this...if condit shows up in the same form as he did v magny or oliveira he will be subbed imo.
    Chiesa has 10 sub wins/4 pts wins/no ko wins...if condit does return to his previous self then he could take chiesa apart but you can't back him on his
    last two performances.

tempted by aa also and siyar also.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭d00mk1n

Taking Montel “Quik” Jackson to KO Brian Kelleher

10/3 with Paddy Power

Lost his last fight but has never been finished in his short career.

Looked good on Dana’s Tuesday Night Contenders Series & missed weight for this fight. Statistically that gives you a better win %(minor I know)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sojustrutz

Anyone any fancies for fights NTGTD? I’m thinking about mendes/volks but want a couple of others for an acca.

Odds are completely tumbling on Cyborg tonight. Can't understand. She's available at 1/2 now, max bet for me
    Can't see how Nunes beats her

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Bubblegummers

dulux99 wrote: »
    Odds are completely tumbling on Cyborg tonight. Can't understand. She's available at 1/2 now, max bet for me
    Can't see how Nunes beats her

4/7 at bet365

4/7 at bet365

F*CK me for not checking. Already backed with powers. Ah well

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Anyone any fancies for tonight ? Mailburner ?

Well 2018 was undoubtedly my worst ever year gambling on MMA. It was my speciality once upon a time! 2019 is a new year though. Going to do some study this afternoon and will post my bets later.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

TJ by KO
    Hardy by KO
    Gillespie by Dec
    Henandez Win

20/1 or so

I was gonna put my max be on tj when he was 8/15 or so but I fancy hernandez to wipe the floor with cerrone just as much

double pays 5/4 and I'm far too confident

am also gonna do the ko double which comes in a slightly under 7/1, odds which I really like

I've a feeling hernandez will go after cerrone and put a lot of pressure on him early, won't give him a chance to settle and get a ko possibly
    hernandez for me has the potential to go to the very top and for me outside of adesanya who looks like a future champ, I think he'll be fighting for a belt in under two years.

I think if cejudo fought mighty mouse ten times he's lose 9 of them, he had his night and I think he'll be exposed later as a champ that just had one really good night fighting for me the most talented champ in the ufc

I think theres a couple of fights jumping off the page at me to go the distance also which are pvz v ostovich and benvi ortiz

not seeing many outsider but I like rencountre, took so many bombs again belal last time out, his chin amazed me
    I don't know his opponent well enough to be confident of his chances though but a pts win at 10/3 appeals if he gets it done as his striking could be better and should be better than last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Well hard and fast is the way to beat Cowboy, but if I saw him in the dressing room sweating hard then the current odds make a tempting bet. I could see Donald survive the first, then win by head kick in the second. I am so undecided on this I am going to put a small bet on Cowboy (as the odds are good), even though I think he might be overwhelmed in the first.

PVZ, much as I think she is over rated, has my bet to win by TKO in the 3rd, Ostovich seems weak defending kicks and knees.

TJ was going to be my big bet but the odds are so poor I have again gone small.

The rest of the card I really cant make my mind up on, so no bets.

SB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Went with an accumulator of

Badou Jack in the boxing
    Benavidez
    PVZ
    Hardy
    Cejudo

20 on for 300 back.

Advertisement