Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Fight Night: Korean Zombie vs Rodriguez Early Prelims 00:01am Sunday Nov 11th

• 10-11-2018 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭

GT8YvjC.png

Starts at midnight tonight, so 4 hours time.

Seems like UFC are celebrating their 25th birthday and going back to where they started in Colorado and are putting on a white collar MMA night :D

Skimmed through the card on Sherdog/Wiki, the amount of fighters without wiki pages was an indication, and when I checked further on Sherdog indeed a huge number of fighters are making their UFC debut tonight, although plenty have been on Dana's Tues Night Contenders show.

I think this thread will be quiet. God knows when I will watch this myself, some great sport on tomorrow.

However as we know cards like this can throw up some great scraps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,813 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

can't wait to see the korean zombie back in action and I really fancy he'll either sub or ko yair, think yair is a little over rated myself.

everyone seems to think perry will ko but at the odds I think cerrone might
    be able to keep him at bay for a pts win.

finding it hard to get exciting about most of the card esp two of the womens fights though barber is supposed to be very good.

would like to see trizano beat pena but I don't see it happening.

Lastly...John Gunther, worst fighter on the
    entire ufc roster or very close imo.
    I hope he doesn't get too badly hurt and going from zuniga to ramos is about as big a jump as a man can take.

would like to see erosa return with a win against a very confident opponent and let's not forget erosa almost beat one of the very best in paddy the baddy pimblett :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

That dude Devonte Smith looks like a problem, clean boxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Fast KO there, lovley one two

That dude Devonte Smith looks like a problem, clean boxing.

that's nothing!

wait till you see john gunther next

mailburner wrote: »
    that's nothing!

wait till you see john gunther next

Don't think we'll see it

• Advertisement

Don't think we'll see it

such a shame :D

He'll get one more fight and it'll be bye bye although imo that'll be it possibly

kinda reminds me of a fighter called tommy speer who lost a tuf finale
    to mac danzig but a worse version of him
    poor ol tommy got handed to rumble (51secs) after danzig and then
    got cut

Weird stoppage there. What's the refe looking at so many replays for its obvious smelling wasn't out and didn't tap?

TKO what the fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 21,334 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Fight of the Year, without a doubt.

Hope Zombie is alright, that elbow was absolutely disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭qwabercd

What an incredible finish by Rodriguez, l actually thought the bell saved KZ. Great fight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,334 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Really want to see them re-book that Zabit/Yair fight now when the latter’s foot heals up, I think it could be a lot more competitive than I first thought based on that Yair performance with a broken foot since the first round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Never seen a knockout such as that before in my life. It was unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

holy crap that was an insane fight and an even crazier finish. KZ was ahead on the cards which is mental.

delighted for cowboy as well. dont like perry at all.

cowboy says ufc has offered him a very interesting opponent at 155. any one want to guess who it is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    holy crap that was an insane fight and an even crazier finish. KZ was ahead on the cards which is mental.

delighted for cowboy as well. dont like perry at all.

cowboy says ufc has offered him a very interesting opponent at 155. any one want to guess who it is?

I reckon Gaethje

• Registered Users Posts: 6,500 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Crazy finish to that main event. I must say I'm not a fan of all the hugging and high-fighting mid-fight. Save it for afterwards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

I was surprised so many people were picking Perry over Cerrone, cowboy is better than him almost everywhere.

ricero wrote: »
    I reckon Gaethje

Great fight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

cliggg wrote: »
    I was surprised so many people were picking Perry over Cerrone, cowboy is better than him almost everywhere.

Perry belongs nowhere the top table. His mouth has got him further than his fighting.

Mike Perry posted this on his instagram. At least he can laugh about it.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BqC60xpgd5v/

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

He's an absolute brawler with no wrestling or jiu jitsu

Also cowboys submission was a thing of beauty

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

ricero wrote: »
    I reckon Gaethje

cant remember where i read it but i seen someone suggesting the possibility of cowboy fighting aldo at 155:eek:
    Crazy finish to that main event. I must say I'm not a fan of all the hugging and high-fighting mid-fight. Save it for afterwards!

yea that crap does my head in

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Just rewatched the main event, my God lads it's up there with the best every fights in the sport.

Fair play to Skelly, he says he won't appeal that ridiculous stoppage if it means yer man loses his win bonus when it becomes a No Contest. Hope he gets the rematch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Man, what an utterly insane finish. The last second of the fifth round, you'd have to feel terrible for Zombie for that one. Amazing fight though.

Imagine if you'd put money on Yair via knockout, talk about a hail mary :D

Man, what an utterly insane finish. The last second of the fifth round, you'd have to feel terrible for Zombie for that one. Amazing fight though.

Imagine if you'd put money on Yair via knockout, talk about a hail mary :D

or imagine if you put your money on zombie :o :eek: that's me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭The Rooster

mailburner wrote: »
    or imagine if you put your money on zombie :o :eek: that's me :pac:

I didn't look at the replays more than once, but to me it looked like the elbow came just before the bell, but that the ref waved his arms to call it off after the bell sounded. I was expecting some discussion/controversy in the days following, but none came, so maybe I'm wrong.

Is there a "saved by the bell" rule in MMA/UFC? Under most boxing rules, you can be saved by the bell in the last round.

Also reports said that Zombie was ahead on the cards. But that was presumably only up to the end of the 4th round. So maybe a 10-8 round (I think a knockout blow is sufficient for 10-8!) to Yair would have swung the cards anyway?

I didn't look at the replays more than once, but to me it looked like the elbow came just before the bell, but that the ref waved his arms to call it off after the bell sounded. I was expecting some discussion/controversy in the days following, but none came, so maybe I'm wrong.

Is there a "saved by the bell" rule in MMA/UFC? Under most boxing rules, you can be saved by the bell in the last round.

Also reports said that Zombie was ahead on the cards. But that was presumably only up to the end of the 4th round. So maybe a 10-8 round (I think a knockout blow is sufficient for 10-8!) to Yair would have swung the cards anyway?
    KZ was ahead on 2 cards, level on the other. If it went to a decision the only way Yair would have won the fight would be if he got a 10-8 score from all 3 judges in the last round.

yair-rodriguez-chan-sung-jung-scorecard-ufc-fight-night-139.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Advertisement