Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC FIGHT NIGHT SUN. NOV. 18, 2018 MAGNY VS PONZINIBBIO

• 17-11-2018 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭

hwddh3.jpg

I think there'll be a few good scraps on the main card.

Magny has his work cut out here for me, think he'll do well to get past the first couple of rounds but if he does he's in with a shout.
    It's hard to see him win any other way other than pts for me though, went three with perry where they stood and traded and it's doubtful magny would be able to finish ponzi.

lamas elkins should be a good scrap also.

A few quite incredible stats from mma junkie:
    Magny becomes the eighth fighter to make 20 or more UFC welterweight appearances.

Magny’s 14 victories in UFC welterweight competition are tied for third most in divisional history behind Georges St-Pierre (19) and Matt Hughes (16).

Magny’s 14 victories since 2014 in UFC competition are second most among active fighters in the company behind Donald Cerrone (15).

It's amazing to think of magny or have him mentioned alongside some great fighters considering he'll probably never fight for a belt but credit where it's due.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

So, nobody stayed up? The Aldana Staropoli fight was a war. Barnett and Bandenay up next for me

• Registered Users Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭cletus

Bandenay Arnett not a great fight, Bandaneys output dropped off near the end of the first.

Ponzinibio looked great on the ground, especially considering Sasaki is no slouch there himself (although he has traded wins and losses since coming to the UFC.

Poland to Argentina is a long way to travel to have the ref ignore your tap.

I shall probably be back to talk to myself some more once I've seen the main card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Its time for Ponzinibbio to get a top 5 opponent.

Also that Johnny Walker fella is frightening. He reminds me of an avatar

• Registered Users Posts: 23,808 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

cletus wrote: »

I shall probably be back to talk to myself some more once I've seen the main card

You get used to it after a while trust me :P

Not a popular event with not one post during it but too many events...4 weeks in a row and 5 more events in the next 4 weeks

next up is china next saturday with prelims starting at 8am here (not televised) but the main card is on bt sp 2 at 11.30-2 so that's a nice change
    blaydes v ngannou and damn all else in terms of big names bar overeem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Great card. Ponzinibio dominated, but why didn't he keep targeting the obvious leg? It seemed like he was dead set on the KO. Could same the same of Ian, great victory and great show considering the short notice but he keep entering a 50/50 clinch when he virtually had it on the feet.

Super KO by Johnny Walker as well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement