Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Da Dawg pound

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Taylor was poor. No doubt about it.
    He's playing in a dome next week so will be interesting to watch.

Garrett is just incredible. He's too good for us.
    And please be the real deal Denzel Ward. Please.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

From NFL-Ireland Facebook page:

The most Browns statline ever.

The Browns were +5 in takeaways today. Since the Browns returned to the NFL, teams with a turnover margin of +5 or better in a game are 132-4-1. The Browns are responsible for 2 of those losses and the draw.

That is some stat & sums up the Browns.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Taylor was poor. No doubt about it.
    He's playing in a dome next week so will be interesting to watch.

Garrett is just incredible. He's too good for us.
    And please be the real deal Denzel Ward. Please.

He really is.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,030 ✭✭✭Guffy

He really is.

Perfect game.... bar the last defensive play :(

That NBC stat over on the main page is gas:

0-0-1; best start for Browns since 2004

Amazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Josh Gordon reported to the Browns today with apparently a hamstring issue and was left out of the roster for the Saints game.

Now the Browns have released a statement to say that he has been released as the Browns finally feel that they can do no more, which means that the hamstring was probably a cover story.

Very disappointing way to end. He will be available on waivers come Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

VillaMad wrote: »
    Josh Gordon reported to the Browns today with apparently a hamstring issue and was left out of the roster for the Saints game.

Now the Browns have released a statement to say that he has been released as the Browns finally feel that they can do no more, which means that the hamstring was probably a cover story.

Very disappointing way to end. He will be available on waivers come Monday.
    What a waste of talent. Browns website reported that he showed up on Saturday ‘not himself’ as well as complaining of a hamstring injury. Poor guy, there are obviously very serious issues there.

Browns will surely now try for Dez? It would make for an interesting season if nothing else.

Just Fantastic to wake up to that news... But hardly surprising. They gave him all the rope in the world. Even missing training camp essentially. On top of the other stuff.

Rumours that he turned up drunk Saturday. And constantly late. Be interesting to see what happens. He's an incredible talent. A sad story though.

If there is no violation and he can play I'd hate to see him in the division. Even the conference.

Green Bay if I'm rooting for him. Can't say he'll enjoy it up there either.

Dez is a prick though. Not sure he would be a step in the right direction.

Looking forward to the game later. If they get blown out. There could be changes coming...

If a lucrative career in the NFL and presumably access to the very best treatment isn’t enough to keep you on the straight and narrow you’d really have to fear for him personally. If they do a ‘where are they now’ on this guy in a couple of years I don’t think it’ll make nice reading.

If the Browns can’t straighten him out I don’t see how it’ll work for him at another team.

On the game later, you’d have to fancy the saints to react after getting walloped last week and there was so much to like about the Browns against Pittsburgh. Hard to call it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

Well the Browns can find new ways to lose every week. I thought that Williams and the defensive line came out with credit again but it must be demoralising to keep handing field position to a sputtering offense.

• Advertisement

Defence looked really solid again and some plus points in offence Callaway in particular. Taylor probably bought some more time with that last TD pass but as a unit lots of work to do, play calling needs to improve too.

Gonzalez kicking those for fun in practice according to Jackson post game. Must be heartbreaking for him but no way back from this surely. Assume they’ll be looking for a new kicker ASAP

Zane Gonzalez will be Speedy Gonzalezing out of Cleveland after that horror show again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

gstack166 wrote: »
    Zane Gonzalez will be Speedy Gonzalezing out of Cleveland after that horror show again.

And in comes a rookie kicker with a 69% success rate in college. What could go wrong?

Man the kicker looks dodgy as feck....

That Baker lad though :)

Taylor hasnt been great coming into this game and was dreadful in the first half. He honestly looked like he was looking to come up with an injury in order to excuse the inevitable benching a couple of time last night.

In saying that the team that played with Taylor under centre and the team that played with Baker under centre were two different teams. Baker looks the real deal against a very good defence tjat had torn our o line up for a full half. His passing and pocket presence was a level above what Tyrod had shown in the same game with more or less the same opportunity.

Man it felt good to win but even better to fight back from 14 down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Why the hell is Jackson saying that he wants to put in Tyrod again next week?

Mayfield changed the entire game on Thursday.

This is finally a serious Browns side.

They'd be 3 and 0 right now if they had a kicker.

Keep Baker in there .

2 of those 3 possible wins were with Tyrod.

Baker had a great game but bear in mind that we often see back up quarterbacks come into a game and change things on the day. It doesn't necessarily mean that he is ready. The Jets didn't game plan for Baker at all.

Im not saying Hue should stay with Tyrod but you can understand him wanting to put out the screen of there still being a competition. At the end of the day though he wants to keep his job so will prob go with Taylor. I expect this to be the longest concussion protocol in the history of the sport :D

Well he's going with Mayfield...

Both Jackson & Haley out. Thought Haley would be interim.

Shambles again from top to bottom. Never should of kept Hue after last season, to go 0-16 when even the Bills this year have 2 games won at half way with a much poorer roster isn’t good enough.

Word is Lincoln Riley HC of the Sooners is being lined up to take over in the off season.

It’s last week of November & Red Zone has us in the list of ‘In the hunt’ for the Wildcard last night :P

Even though CBS has us projected at 2.7% of a chance to make the post season, it’s brilliant not having 0.0% after October :D

Any explanation for the slowdown in the second half?

A lot of 3 and outs considering how well the first half went.

I had the fear that the Bengals would just sidle back into the game after being completely out of it at one stage.

Really liked the look of Driskell as it stands.

• Advertisement

I had the fear that the Bengals would just sidle back into the game after being completely out of it at one stage.

Really liked the look of Driskell as it stands.

Seemed to me like Kitchens took the ball out of Bakers hands, I read Chubb got 52 years from 25 carries.

On another note, Williams is 1 win behind Hue on the all time list!

The Browns went in at half time with a 28-7 lead and extended that to 35 in the third. They came out and made the mistake that most teams do in that position. They tried to run the clock out and the Bengals played that too and shut it down.

It's a silly thing to do but nearly every team does it but in the end they got the win so can't disparage it to much i guess.... i just remember the jags in that Championship game

What do we think of the coach talk?

Arians keeps piping up about it. Do we want him for a year or two with Kitchens and Gregg staying on or want someone young to come in and start a long term relationship with Baker?

I'm all in on Baker. So strange watching a competent QB in Brown and Orange.

We get the nod on Sky this week. AceStream has been perfect nearly all year for me but casting / hdmi it has been a pain. Will be nice to just change the channel between them and Redzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,951 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Baker just seems to fit the Browns perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭VillaMad

Baker just seems to fit the Browns perfectly.

He definitely has. You can see it in the fans, the excitement of watching a QB that is actually good and a team that can win. It's a basic requirement for any NFL team to have a good QB but the Brown's haven't had one for years and didn't have any hope that the situation could be turned around and Baker ticks every box.

In 5 years time, Darnold may well be a better QB than Baker, who knows? If Darnold though had been chosen by the Browns, he would have been ruined and would probably be out of the NFL in a couple of years and added to the long list of failed QB's, because he isn't Baker. Baker has the charisma, the swagger that no other QB in that draft had, so that he could come into the franchise and have the confidence to just ball out and take all the negative connotations out of being Browns QB.

It's just awesome to have a team that can compete now and with a new head coach (could well be Williams the way things are going), and a few extra pieces added in free agency and the draft, things are starting look very, very exciting in Cleveland and that just feels weird.

Weird. But enjoyable.

When they're not clashing with the broncos I'm usually watching the browns.

Mayfield is a terrific QB and so good to watch out there. Here's to a really exciting 2019.

(I know mathematically ye are still technically able to get to the playoffs this year. But it's been phenomenal regardless...)

I have a bad feeling about the coaching job. Can see us going for the wrong guy - Williams (even though he’s done good) or McCarthy. It seems like it’s one of them.

I personally would to see Lincoln Riley there or Urban Meyer although I know the chances of him coming are practically zero.

I actually wouldn’t mind Doug Marrone either to be honest, if as it seems he gets fired.

I want someone in with something to prove, I feel Williams wouldn’t have that drive if he got the gig now considering he’s done good in a caretaker role. Same with McCarthy with a Super Bowl behind him, Marrone would probably fit that description best out of the 5 I mentioned, I’m sure if he had his way they would of moved on from Bortles 2 years ago besides drafting Fournette let alone this past draft. Maybe I’m wrong in that but feel it was more a Coughlin decision to keep him.

Either way, with the right appointment there’s no reason we can’t challenge for a division title next season with the right man in charge. Exciting times, finally!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

gstack166 wrote: »
    Same with McCarthy with a Super Bowl behind him

As a Packers fan who has the Brown as my AFC team, I think McCarthy could actually do well. He's proven to be able to develop a cocky quarterback, at least in the first stages if his career. I think he just got too stable and comfortable in GB, I think he'll want to prove that he can still coach and coach well. He's a stable kinda guy, no major surprises.

• Advertisement

As a Packers fan who has the Brown as my AFC team, I think McCarthy could actually do well. He's proven to be able to develop a cocky quarterback, at least in the first stages if his career. I think he just got too stable and comfortable in GB, I think he'll want to prove that he can still coach and coach well. He's a stable kinda guy, no major surprises.

Agree tbh i think McCarthy would be a decent appointment.

Advertisement