Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gran Hermano has sadly passed away. RIP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Man, that's so sad :( My condolences to his family and friends.

Tarzana2 and anyone else currently fighting a serious illness: keep fighting the good fight, hopefully a recovery is around the corner :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Sorry to hear the sad news that Gran Hermano has died. May he Rest In Peace. I hope his family will find some comfort in the fact that he was one of us and will be able to feel close to him by reading his posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Ah very sorry to hear about this. I wasn't aware of his situation. Seemed like a great guy. Always liked that avatar and for some reason it was one that stuck with me, always recognised him in threads. Sorry if that sounds silly.

R.I.P.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Aw no :(
    I've a tear in my eye on reading this news... Just so sad.
    I knew he was ill but didn't realise he was so gravely ill, probably because he kept the humour and damn good sense going in his posts, as if nothing was wrong. His username was quite apt, I've only just realised... He kinda had a big brotherly thing going on.
    We've lost a real trooper today. :(
    RIP Gran H , and deepest sympathies to your family and loved ones :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Health is the most valuable state-of-being us humans enjoy and most of us (myself included) have little clue how truly fortunate we are.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

RIP. As someone struggling with long term illness, your health really is your wealth. Nothing else is important.

It's the truest cliché ever!
    everlast75 wrote: »
    Cancer is a c**t!

That is all.

That was me the first month of my diagnosis. I have never experienced such rage. Rage at cancer, rage at myself for not doing something about fairly obvious early signs (yeah, nipples just change direction and invert for no reason at all, Tarzana :rolleyes:) Just general extreme rage. Cancer is indeed a robbing cúnt, and I never use that word.

I feel so sorry for Gran Hermano's loved ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭TheLastMohican

Sorry to read that Gran Hermano has passed on.

I wish him a trouble free passage on the next part of his journey.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

That news makes my stuff seem like a piss in the ocean :(

RIP to a great poster and a cool mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,278 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Nothing smart to say, sorry to hear about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Very sad. I hope he and his family find peace now.

R.I.P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I only woke up half an hour ago and switched on the coffee machine that Gran Hermano gave me so much help with, both on thread and by PM.

God shots for you my friend, RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Didn't know him but from what I've seen of his posting and modding on the facial hair and hats forum the man always came across as an absolute gentleman. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Christ, that's horrific. Rest in peace, mate. Love to his family and friends during this awful time.

Tarzana, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I hope your body fights through it and wins. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Only just logged on this morning.

Can't work who's peeling onions at this hour :o

What age was he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

I didn't know GH but he always came across as a very nice poster and person. Great as a mod as well as I can't remember a moment where a poster ever got their nose out of joint with him.

But that's all inconsequential now. For any of his family and friends who end up reading this thread, please accept my sincere condolences.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Just got my first definitive 'No Evidence of Disease' a couple of hours ago after being diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkins lymphoma at the end of January so I'm officially in remission.

RIP Gran Hermano. I wish it could be good news for everyone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I didn't know you, but you've put all my worries into perspective this morning.

Rest in Peace and thoughts with all your friends and family.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Hard to take these things in sometimes,

RIP Hermano

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Very saddened to hear this. RIP Gran Hermano.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭nc6000

That's very sad news. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

RIP and condolences to all who knew him

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

I used to be a regular contributor to the FH&H forum when it was just getting going, GH was a great mod, sound poster and whilst I never met him I got the sense that he was a decent soul. Very sad news. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

RIP, it's times like these that give you a clearer picture about what's truly important in life :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

So sorry to hear this. My thought are with his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Sad news. May he rest in peace.

Condolences to his family and friends

Just got my first definitive 'No Evidence of Disease' a couple of hours ago after being diagnosed with stage 4 Hodgkins lymphoma at the end of January so I'm officially in remission.

Wow, that is great. We all hope for a visit from NED!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

RIP. Condolences to his family and friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

Wonderful colleague - missed by us all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

/Doffs hat

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement