Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Street Fighter 25 Tournament Series Paris - Irish Qualifier- 6th Oct- The Exchange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

have not been on boards to much lately but coming back to this is good stuff :D:D:D

will make up on thread on TYM to promote and rally the troops etc.
    what nutrient mentioned of getting in contact with NRS is pretty good idea, there pretty good at supporting things when asked.

also Ayjay ill help out with mk if ya need me that kuro will prob be heading the tekken side of things,dont know to much about doing brackets to be honest but could just look it up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

All these fighters and still no Killer Instinct?? Ah, c'mon now, lads! :pac:

I'll be there for the Kombat. Depending on the prices of the other tournaments, I might throw down for one or two of those too. Sounds like a great event, lads. I agree with Nutrient though, give NRS a shout to see if they'd be interested in helping out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Kuro Tao wrote: »
    Just a suggestion, VF5:FS side tourney? Its had no real tournament in Ireland so far and I for one would be willing to supply a console for it.

If the players turn up for it I believe it should get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I'd be up to help run stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

deathrider wrote: »
    All these fighters and still no Killer Instinct?? Ah, c'mon now, lads! :pac:

I have a great love of Killer Instinct, but it is a terrible game :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

My Fulgore is a ****ing beast.

My Sabrewulf is ready to go :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

My random button mashing would probably get me some cheap wins! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

That does it. Bringing a SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Nah, I have the arcade version on my laptop, lets go!

• Advertisement

My Fulgore is a ****ing beast.
    deathrider wrote: »
    My Sabrewulf is ready to go :p

please people no one wants to see me breaking out Orchid.
    ........or god forbid spinal, the baraka of KI lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

please people no one wants to see me breaking out Orchid.
    ........or god forbid spinal, the baraka of KI lol

Nah man, ****ing Cinder

cinder_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

Dunno how the venue is To Be Continued, that doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Dunno how the venue is To Be Continued, that doesn't make sense.

Think about it Stevo.... to be continued or to be confirmed?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭stev0knev022

shoulda said TBD, would have avoided all this confusion

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Which collage you going to again Stev0?

Nutrient wrote: »
    Nah man, ****ing Cinder

cinder_01.jpg

that blaze rip off can kiss my...ka-ka-ka-kombo breaker :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

Yeah. I'd be interested in trying for this. Want to go to pro with AE so I'll be training myself up for this. Oh, and for those who don't know who this is, I'm Leprekaun. Just went with a new nick.

EDIT: I'm good with Maynooth if its a good venue. This is coming from a northern player. Even though XGC is convenient from Busaras, I don't think oxygen exists in that place. I wake up quite early (or just do an all nighter) whenever there are any casuals/tournaments anyway so waking up at 5 AM doesn't really make a difference to me from 6 or 7 AM, its going to be an early start regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Konata wrote: »
    I should be able to come so will help Doomy out with streaming/recording/etc. :)

Likewise

Will the day be streamed in the same fashion as the Evo qualifiers? Or will it just be recorded for youtube and such like the DoCs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If we have a suitable internet connection, it'll be streamed.

Oh, lovely job. That was half the fun of the Evo day, in my opinion. Hopefully the venue will have some good nettage then.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

To keep things in one place, may I ask one of the mods of the FG forum here to merge this thread with the other thread. Its kind of confusing to have two different threads discussing details of an important event like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

what happens if the winner or runner up of one game places 1st or 2nd in the other game as well?

The universe implodes, that's my guess.

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    what happens if the winner or runner up of one game places 1st or 2nd in the other game as well?

We will be sending 4 players. If someone places in both, they will have a choice as to which game they want the seed place in and then the next person down in the relevant game is given the option to go. Rinse repeat until we have everyone happy.

But if a player places top 2 in both, does that mean he looses his place in one of the tournaments in Paris?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

ayjayirl wrote: »
    We will be sending 4 players. If someone places in both, they will have a choice as to which game they want the seed place in and then the next person down in the relevant game is given the option to go. Rinse repeat until we have everyone happy.

Could we not have a player take both seeds but still send four? Of course it hinges on what exactly a seeded spot entails.

Azza wrote: »
    But if a player places top 2 in both, does that mean he looses his place in one of the tournaments in Paris?

We have been given 4 seeded places. 2 for SF and 2 for SFxT. We decide who gets them. We are doing this tourney to decide that however we will be sending 4 separate players. If, for example, Kiki wins both SF and SFxT he will then get a choice to take the seeded place in either. Say he picks SFxT, then 3rd place (possibly me :cool:) will get the option of taking one of the seed places for SF. Messing aside, given we have 5/6 top players in each, it won't reflect badly on the community unless I do literally come third - which is very unlikely.

I am pushing for a 3s seeded spot but not confirmed as of yet.

• Advertisement

Can you enter this tournament without seeding?

Like does passing up on seeding meaning missing out on one of the tournaments?

Advertisement