Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ayjayirl's Back Garden Invitational Online Tournament.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i think Brian should join, only makes sense if Emmet, i mean Aaron is also playing. Please keep Dave of the net even better outside the house.

Can we have an indication on a starting date/time, perhaps approximates.
    I hope this tourney teaches me to grow up as a respectful adult, on and off line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

Placebo wrote: »
    i think Brian should join, only makes sense if Emmet, i mean Aaron is also playing. Please keep Dave of the net even better outside the house.

Can we have an indication on a starting date/time, perhaps approximates.
    I hope this tourney teaches me to grow up as a respectful adult, on and off line.

Brian will be official tournament commentator for select matchups (i.e. those that we can)
    This tournament is brought to you by the letter G. :p

On a more serious note, I am trying to figure out how to create a poll on this boards thing. I'll figure it I'm sure and I'll suggest dates for the first round to begin with. I am thinking of doing this before Christmas (first round anyway). I might even be so bold as to suggest the weekend of the 26th - 28th of Nov. but I'll figure out how to do the poll now and put it up with a few suggestions. I know inferno is on the 6th so if there are other tourneys/event on for other weekends that will cause the participants problems (Streetfighter or otherwise), please shout out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Brian will be official tournament commentator for select matchups (i.e. those that we can)
    This tournament is brought to you by the letter G. :p

On a more serious note, I am trying to figure out how to create a poll on this boards thing. I'll figure it I'm sure and I'll suggest dates for the first round to begin with. I am thinking of doing this before Christmas (first round anyway). I might even be so bold as to suggest the weekend of the 26th - 28th of Nov. but I'll figure out how to do the poll now and put it up with a few suggestions. I know inferno is on the 6th so if there are other tourneys/event on for other weekends that will cause the participants problems (Streetfighter or otherwise), please shout out.

I'm not sure if you need l33t mod powers to do so or not in an already existing thread, could you try clicking "thread tools" and "add a poll to this thread"?

If not I will add it for you later if you give me the options you'd like to present.

Me, I'd just say next weekend and run with it.

Also, I'm not around weekends as you know so if you need commentary that match will have to be on a weekday.

I'm not sure if you need l33t mod powers to do so or not in an already existing thread, could you try clicking "thread tools" and "add a poll to this thread"?

If not I will add it for you later if you give me the options you'd like to present.

Me, I'd just say next weekend and run with it.

Also, I'm not around weekends as you know so if you need commentary that match will have to be on a weekday.

Good man.

As for commentating, yeh I know you aint gonna be around for the weekends but round 2 will be over the course of a couple of weeks so when peeps agree times etc we can select specific ones and try it out. Can't hurt :)

I might, if equip is available, even get Rachel to tell us about the birds in hippos mouths - dunno, I'll see wat will work and what wont.

Ok, Poll added - can all Participants please register their vote.

Could I also ask those on the waiting list to also do it so I can get an idea of availability should others not be able...

Thank you for your cooperation

• Advertisement

The Hound wrote: »
    Does everyobopdy have to hav a different character? Like if I play Ryu will Red have to play someone else? Wasn't Gods Garden the same, nobody had the same character or was that just how it worked out.

This was a question posed in Azza's tourney thread by Hound that I wanted to address for this one. It will not be the case. There is tournament character lock but no restictions on who you choose initially. :)

sounds great, i wish the tournament feature in game was better but its still interesting and best out there. We should give it a go tonight for lols

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ahh nuts too late for this.

Whack us down on the loser waiting list

Not worthy for the elite tournament and now on the reject list for this
    Life is tough

yeh sorry unky. Just had to do a first come first serve. As Doomey says, distinct possibility that someone will pull out.

I'll put you on the list. :)

Cheers,
    If someone had an unfortunate incident rendering them unable to play i'd get in though ye.

Balaclava check, blunt instrument suitable for mangling up a joystick hand..check,farz's address...check

• Advertisement

Cheers,
    If someone had an unfortunate incident rendering them unable to play i'd get in though ye.

Balaclava check, blunt instrument suitable for mangling up a joystick hand..check,farz's address...check

Dave - Bringing Streetfighting to whole new level since 2010 :) love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Dave - Bringing Streetfighting to whole new level since 2010 :) love it!

I'm sure he's been doing it longer than that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

"Chopper - Honda"

??? *cough* top tier whore *cough* :)

Cheers,

perhaps a more eligible candidate, with no degrees, experience of a womans touch, on the dole most likely.
    I WANNA LIVE and win this tournament

perhaps a more eligible candidate, with no degrees, experience of a womans touch, on the dole most likely.
    I WANNA LIVE and win this tournament

You can live it, but you won't win it

Get HYPE

Ry wrote: »
    "Chopper - Honda"

??? *cough* top tier whore *cough* :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYZG-J7Fu_k7qx1QUwHRFypWYxZjnPrNAKDJuOWwjZ13EbDbI7kA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Sure put my name down for the waiting list.
    Another Honda will make for some hopefully thrilling mirror matches.

I have to say this tournament is named wrong, surely the back garden is Zeuses.

I have to say this tournament is named wrong, surely the back garden is Zeuses.

The name was appropriately copied chosen.

It is sponsored by Zeus - our overlord.

dont mean to pull a brian and derail the ever so important topic of online tournaments but im guessing Zeus is Brians dog?

• Advertisement

dont mean to pull a brian and derail the ever so important topic of online tournaments but im guessing Zeus is Brians dog?

Shut up Farz

....and Zeus is my dog...... not Brians. Well, mine by proxy

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Ah shi-te, missed the first tourney. Put me on the list my good man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

I can't take any more of this rejection!!

I'm thinking of starting another tourney for the players who absolutely no-one wants (like me:().

It will be called The GM Vauxhall Street Fighting Game Conference.
    It'll have myself, A-Trak, BanjonB, Acrington Stanley, Unky Chop Chop, H from Steps........placebo.......Dark Onion.....amongst others

We could look at increasing the numbers to 16 if people think it would be viable. That would mean people have to play 15 games in round 1.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

We could look at increasing the numbers to 16 if people think it would be viable. That would mean people have to play 15 games in round 1.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

the demand's clearly there. Problem is every extra person means an exponential growth in the amount of games played.

Maybe 4 groups, the lowest in each goes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

With 16, you've got yourself a bracket.

This works way better and avoids the pitfall of everyone needs to play everyone scenario, which with an online tournament should work way better.

With the everyone needs to play everyone scenario, you're going to have folk who can't connect to the other person guaranteed, even with open ports and good connections, which will slow it up massively.

Ken B wrote: »
    I can't take any more of this rejection!!

I'm thinking of starting another tourney for the players who absolutely no-one wants (like me:().

It will be called The GM Vauxhall Street Fighting Game Conference.
    It'll have myself, A-Trak, BanjonB, Acrington Stanley, Unky Chop Chop, H from Steps........placebo.......Dark Onion.....amongst others

Youth kills 25 in massacre in video game cafe in Liffey street
    He was known as a loner, an outcast, a pariah
    He was the leader of an elite group formed on the internet interested in "fighting games" called the The GM Vauxhall Street Fighting Game Conference.His gang name was KEN B.
    A splinter group from another regular video game internet forum, the The GM Vauxhall Street Fighting Game Conference preyed on socially unstable and weak to join their ranks akin to many cults
    They often met in secrecy for bizarre meetings which they refered to as "infernos" and "casuals"
    71291860.jpg

Right, if there are no objections, I will change it to 16 with brackets. I will draw all the names from a hat. There will be no seeding.

Are there any objections to this? I'll wait till tomorrow until I confirm to give people a chance to air their grievances if any.

The list is as follows:
    me - Ryu
    Farz - Chun
    Scanvanger VII - guile
    Sairus - Rose
    Uber -Deejay
    Misty - Juri
    Doyler - ? No commitment yet - can you post your character choice
    Monkeyto - Honda
    Rob2D - Vega
    Chopper - Honda
    Future Guy - Deejay
    Meducation - Ryu
    Yreval - Sakura
    Foamy - Ibuki
    Unky - Ken
    A-Trak - Honda

(Unky and A-Trak) Those characters right? Please confirm.

As I said I'll leave it till tomorrow in case anyone has an objection and wants to discuss it.

Please note that with this being online you'll have to trust me when I do the draws.

Again - any objections shout and I'll try sort something out.

• Advertisement

Yes
    All is not lost. I feel wanted.
    The The GM Vauxhall Street Fighting Game Conference is disbanded.

Lay down yours arms brothers

10+Years+Since+Columbine+Massacre+bShuyb4L8BLl.jpg

Advertisement