Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fighting Games - Online Irish Player List

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Is there a gory snake on here. Ive played him a few times, pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I know Gory Snake from the Smash scene, he's one of the best players in the country

Didn't know he was into street fighter. Lad should be studying for his leaving cert >=/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yeah I've run into Gorysnake a couple of times. Fairly solid alright. I sent him a link to sf.ie but didn't get a reply.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I've had some tussles with Gory too. Doesn't know how to handle Guile but then millions don't :) good player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

He knows me from my Melee tournaments, I'll ask him to join up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Hi guys, some people sent me a link to this site but I forgot to sign up. I'd love to go to one of these get-togethers. I'll get around to adding you all later tonight.

XBL: GorySnake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

hi Gorysnake, you wiped the floor with me just there :)

I gotta learn not to jump in on Cody!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭EmSixTeen

S'up folks.

I love a bit of Street Fighter but I'm an absolute noob. Got SFIV on release but only played through it 2 times and played a few (and a few more) matches on XBL - I get my ass handed to me hella consistently online. It's depressing. Got SSFIV a few days ago but haven't had the chance to play it yet (will be in a wee while tonight though.. actually the 360 is now on).

This post has no real structure. Ugh. Anyway, I suck, and would like to get better. Never really played fighting games before until now but it's something different and fun - what's not fun is losing so consistently! Anybody up for showing a newb how to play, etc? Reading on the internet is fine and dandy but I'm a 'need to be shown' sort of guy. :P

Gamertag is 'EmSixTeen UK,' and I'm from Coleraine/Belfast.. Please add for some games during the week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

EmSixTeen wrote: »
    S'up folks.

I love a bit of Street Fighter but I'm an absolute noob. Got SFIV on release but only played through it 2 times and played a few (and a few more) matches on XBL - I get my ass handed to me hella consistently online. It's depressing. Got SSFIV a few days ago but haven't had the chance to play it yet (will be in a wee while tonight though.. actually the 360 is now on).

This post has no real structure. Ugh. Anyway, I suck, and would like to get better. Never really played fighting games before until now but it's something different and fun - what's not fun is losing so consistently! Anybody up for showing a newb how to play, etc? Reading on the internet is fine and dandy but I'm a 'need to be shown' sort of guy. :P

Gamertag is 'EmSixTeen UK,' and I'm from Coleraine/Belfast.. Please add for some games during the week. :)

Added you there. Equally bad so not sure I can show you an awful lot but hopefully we can pick up tricks and tips to help each other :D Have projects in on Wednesday but should be free then. Just switched on the XBox to add you.....and have to switch it off before I get massively distracted (again)

🤪

haha, well, I have to finish an essay and other snippets for tomorrow plus revise for my first of three exams which is at 10am.

The allure of games, however..

Looking forward to a wee game or ten though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

Just added Em as well. For offline games check out; QUB Dragonslayers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Has anyone else played against Infernowong recently? I had a good few games with him earlier, messing around with various characters before he proceeded to destroy me with Guy.

I just sent him a message letting him know of this place and streetfighter.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

S'up folks.

Best option might be to come along to casuals on a Saturday at XGC - There are a few SF prodigies who are more than willings to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,972 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

ayjayirl wrote: »
    Best option might be to come along to casuals on a Saturday at XGC - There are a few SF prodigies who are more than willings to help.

I reckon DragonSlayers casuals might be a little easier for him to get to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

My bad you are right.

Another option is to goto endless battle with 5/6 players. Then you can at least see other people playing other characters live and get ideas or thoughts from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 itsme83

Hi guys any chance that I could be added to the list

XBL - IRISH NEMES1S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 RightBackBill

Throw me down here as-well

PSN_ID : RightBackBill

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Liquidswords

I have one spot left on my friends list and I'll save it just for you big fella ;). Haven't been able to play as much as I'd like with exams and stuff but I should be on tomorrow for games. You should try to get down to QUB though.

Why did this game have to come out at this time of year? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

I have also gotten my mits on a copy of SSF4. Same PSN as before (Irish_Voa).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Please add me to xbox list for SSF4

Gamertag = Davey909

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

hey.my xbl tag is ogiekeaney....playing ssf4 maining blanka and bison if anyone wants to add me!

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    hey.my xbl tag is ogiekeaney....playing ssf4 maining blanka and bison if anyone wants to add me!

Ogie, a delight to have you here. Ayjayirl/ Guile player here. Your Blanka's nasty!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Just noticed that I'm not on the XBL SSF4 list.

Went to QUB today. Jesus. Got a long way to go..

Went to QUB today. Jesus. Got a long way to go..

To be fair, Mike and Chris are no 1 and 2 in the whole country. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

ogiekeaney wrote: »
    HaHa......a year down the line, you join up on boards! As I've said to you many a time before, come down to a meeting(or tourney) some day. I'll make sure to be there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Koone_20

Just added everyone there on the psn list. Looking forward to some gg's ;)

oh btw, could you guys all add keithwithteeth on your psn? He's my mate and is a pretty good sf player! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

Ken B wrote: »
    HaHa......a year down the line, you join up on boards! As I've said to you many a time before, come down to a meeting(or tourney) some day. I'll make sure to be there.

haha, yeah i like to take my time alright! man i was watching your vega the other night in endless battle and you were destroying everyone!you make vega look so easy to use.i get destroyed if i ever try to use him online....and how did you do the laucher into ultra 1? is that new to ssf4, never saw it in vanilla.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Vega's U1 now hits on the way up too, so I imagine he can do his usual juggle kick into U1 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭saado

GT is fruitpunch360, I'm seeing a few people i recognise from playing SSIV over the last few days, I don't get to do online often, and i'm pretty terrible, but I'm always up for a game or 10.
    Also, if anyone feels like showing me the ropes in MVC2 i'd appreciate it, it's hard to learn when you can't do anything against people online :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement