Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Good Games thread?

• 31-10-2009 2:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

Don't know if one exists already. If not, let me kick it off

GGs to Meducation just now. Had a few casual sets on XBL. (Y)

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'd imagine this thread serves such a purpose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Ramza wrote: »
    Don't know if one exists already.

Any thread that starts with this should also have, 'I looked for the thread but couldn't find one.'

Have a read through the forum Ramza you'll be suprised with what you find :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Ah go easy on the chap guys, he was looking for something similar to the how they do it on SRK.

I think we should start a bad games thread!

BISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hey, I was being nice! I even added a ":)" for clarity's sake!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

':rolleyes:' Look I did it too, it's friendly advice is all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

In my mind this is a seperate enough thread idea, the classic good game/bad game thread.

Bad game :firedomelover, disconect 17%, top of battle points leaderboard: utter ****e.

and he plays ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs Ramza, sorry for quitting but I want to learn how the game works before I play more (I literally know nothing about the mechanics beyond the basics, I only just found out you don't hold back to block)! Was fun anyway, I have to learn one juggle at least though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    GGs Ramza, sorry for quitting but I want to learn how the game works before I play more (I literally know nothing about the mechanics beyond the basics, I only just found out you don't hold back to block)! Was fun anyway, I have to learn one juggle at least though. :pac:

GGs. The lag was pretty bad even tho we had a green connection. Input lag really kills precise motions/movements in games, and in Tekken timing is crucial. I think I hit like 2 EWGFs in total out of a missed 200 atempts :P. Where offline I can hit it about 70% now on the Xbox pad. My combos and followups failed massively due to crappy lag but oh well, all the more reason to go to some meets and have some games

But yeah, no problem, practice, ask questions, watch match videos, and play people to level up.

GGs to:

Ramza: Good Ryu, least I did a bit better than in T6! :D

bush: glad I finally got to play you (don't think we've played before anyway), sick Blanka. Think I could go pretty even with your Chun over a long session given some luck, character switching like you do makes my brain melt. :pac: Good Rufus as well, especially with how much trouble he has with the Gief matchup. Must get more games in with you soon

Garak001 (dunno boards name): Good games man, always good to see more irish players adding me!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

GGs. The lag was pretty bad even tho we had a green connection.

dredz lives practically around the corner from me and when we played it was on one red bar.:confused:
    should probably check my router as well though

Ramza: ggs to ya man your ken had me scrambled with some sick rush downs and all round you were solid with every character you picked, keep it up:)

gotta get myself tekken 6 only played it on stick a few times, is it hard to get use to?
    assuming most of yee played it on pad for the earlier titles.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Garak001 (dunno boards name): Good games man, always good to see more irish players adding me!

GGs man! We played about 9 games, each best of 5 rounds. Dreddybajs playeed Zangief. I played Ryu, Dictator, Guile and Sagat. I almost won. A round.

You're the first person I have met that actually makes me fear Zangief. Now I see why he is top tier.

Would love to get more games in against you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

GGs to:

bush: glad I finally got to play you (don't think we've played before anyway), sick Blanka. Think I could go pretty even with your Chun over a long session given some luck, character switching like you do makes my brain melt. :pac: Good Rufus as well, especially with how much trouble he has with the Gief matchup. Must get more games in with you soon

Ggs, nice zangief. Your right about the rufus match, i find it almost impossible. I love the chun v zangief mathup. Shes got the tools to keep him out but zangief can end it in move, its fun trying to keep him away. In the blanka match you can punish balls with ex green hand, not sure if you know that.
    First time ive seen 5 green bars on the game too.

meducation wrote: »
    dredz lives practically around the corner from me and when we played it was on one red bar.:confused:
    should probably check my router as well though

Ramza: ggs to ya man your ken had me scrambled with some sick rush downs and all round you were solid with every character you picked, keep it up:)

That's odd, we get 5 bars, perfect connection

And thanks man, although I was playing a little off (not that I'm that good :P) My ken isn't that good, I need to work on my mixups a lil more
    GGs to:

Heh GGs man, I really need to work on my Gief matchup. Gief = Grief :mad:

Also, GGs to Twilightning and Dave909 last night in Tekken (3 man lobby). Altho the lag was total ass, and I could barely pull of anything, it was still good fun. I managed :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Davey909

Also, GGs to Twilightning and Dave909 last night in Tekken (3 man lobby). Altho the lag was total ass, and I could barely pull of anything, it was still good fun. I managed :P

Yeah, gg's man. The lag was crap but still enjoyed the games. I haven't played tekken in years, kinda feel like i'm starting from scratch on this one. Don't think I won one game :o. Need practice.

bush wrote: »
    Ggs, nice zangief. Your right about the rufus match, i find it almost impossible. I love the chun v zangief mathup. Shes got the tools to keep him out but zangief can end it in move, its fun trying to keep him away. In the blanka match you can punish balls with ex green hand, not sure if you know that.
    First time ive seen 5 green bars on the game too.

You can't punish with EX hand, you can punish however with kara cancelled st. RH EX hand which I can't do, hence why I wasn't punishing balls. :pac: EX hand reversal will whiff... really have to learn that kara cancel. (I think if you walk forward for a couple of frames you can punish with hand too but the timing is really strict and I can't do that either)

Really enjoyed the Chun vs Gief games too, I really ought to stop crouch blocking all the time in that matchup.

Cheers man anyway, would love to get some more games in with you soon!

FutureGuy: Ah it's you! Yeah no worries feel free to send me an invite anytime you see me on, will happily join any boardsie's lobby unless I'm playing another boardsie at the time.

You can't punish with EX hand, you can punish however with kara cancelled st. RH EX hand which I can't do, hence why I wasn't punishing balls. :pac: EX hand reversal will whiff... really have to learn that kara cancel. (I think if you walk forward for a couple of frames you can punish with hand too but the timing is really strict and I can't do that either)

Really enjoyed the Chun vs Gief games too, I really ought to stop crouch blocking all the time in that matchup.

Cheers man anyway, would love to get some more games in with you soon!

FutureGuy: Ah it's you! Yeah no worries feel free to send me an invite anytime you see me on, will happily join any boardsie's lobby unless I'm playing another boardsie at the time.

I see, i thought it was an easy punish. It explains why most giefs dont punish balls. Its good to know, ill abuse the ball more now :pac:

Yeah I was wondering why you weren't, it pretty much means my only viable option is KKK lariat, and it's really difficult to tell short ball whiffs > slide punch apart from balls that'll actually hit you on reaction (especially online but I'm not that good at it offline either - plus our connection seemed grand).

You use electricity more than most Blankas I'm used to in that matchup as well, it's infuriating!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Holy to beJasus.

Just had a few games with Cobelcog. First few sets were even enough, each taking 3 games a piece. And then he went ****in mental.

He then took 15 games off me in a row, with Cammy and Rufus.
    Seriously brilliant execution. Everything I missed was punished, every single time. My game fell to bits and I reverted to scrub antics that he demolished.

I've been taken down a peg or two, a whole peg!

Good games man, your Cammy and Rufus are insane pressure.
    I need to get some more practice in with you.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

A-Trak wrote: »
    Holy to beJasus.

Just had a few games with Cobelcog. First few sets were even enough, each taking 3 games a piece. And then he went ****in mental.

He then took 15 games off me in a row, with Cammy and Rufus.
    Seriously brilliant execution. Everything I missed was punished, every single time. My game fell to bits and I reverted to scrub antics that he demolished.

I've been taken down a peg or two, a whole peg!

Good games man, your Cammy and Rufus are insane pressure.
    I need to get some more practice in with you.:)

Thanks a lot man! If you want to ever play again, feel free to send an invite whenever. I was in the zone tonight lol but your Honda was definately capable of keeping me out when he got going.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Had some very tough games with Bush and his Chun-Li. Its rather ironic that just when I get enough confidence to be more aggressive against his Blanka his Chun makes me turtle even more hardcore. Did well tonight, but for us two success swings back and forth overnight.

I'm finally starting to see why Chuns a bad match up for Bison. She pretty much destroys him in the air, must of her air normals beat Bison clean even when she jumps up after him, plus a pesky air throw and the most oh so annoying neutral jump hard kick. Better pokes too and c.lk thats fast enough to interfere with Bison c.lk.

Anyways they are never easy games but always tense and nail biting!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Had some very tough games with Bush and his Chun-Li. Its rather ironic that just when I get enough confidence to be more aggressive against his Blanka his Chun makes me turtle even more hardcore. Did well tonight, but for us two success swings back and forth overnight.

I'm finally starting to see why Chuns a bad match up for Bison. She pretty much destroys him in the air, must of her air normals beat Bison clean even when she jumps up after him, plus a pesky air throw and the most oh so annoying neutral jump hard kick. Better pokes too and c.lk thats fast enough to interfere with Bison c.lk.

I had a couple with him too. Awesome player. (He got back to me quicker than you)

Ironically I think a couple more matches I would have had his chun, but his Rufus was nearly unstoppable. I'll have to seriously reconsider how Guile fights him to get past that.

Azza wrote: »

Ye those matches are tense as ****. Im getting better at staying calm with chun. I used to always panic and freak out in this matchup. Its hard not to crumble under pressure when it comes down to the wire like it does in those matches between us.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,694 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

GGs to Azza, always a ... pleas--pleHHH-PLEAAAA----HORRID NIGHTMARE to fight his Bison.

I really need to stop switching characters, but when I can have fun with Abel/Honda/Ryu/Ken/Rufus -- why stop? :p

*edit*
    Oh yeah, funniest thing of the night -- I threw a full-screen Ultra cos, y'know? Feck it, I'd just wasted an Ultra combo seconds prior.
    Look away from screen in disgust of myself.
    Next thing I hear is it connecting.
    Were you pissing yourself too hard with laughter that it hit? :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GG to Dreddybajs again. Played lots of random picks and I did alot better this time. Some great matches!

Yeah GGs man, enjoyed that set a lot. Felt pretty weird being on the opposite side of the sagat/gief matchup. :pac:

GGs to Araforn, great Chun. Really good at keeping me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

GG's to Ramza last night, very enjoyable.

A bit of good critisism though, your ken is good, your combos are good, but your gameplay itself needs improvment, i kept you out in 1 fight by simply throwing fireballs, AA HKing & FP SRKing. Other than that your solid man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

GGs to Bush, your blanka is otherworldly, honestly if we went 50 rounds straight against your blanka I don't think I'd even come close to beating you, even if you were away from the PS3, I'd just be there wiffing stuff all terrified :p

I love playing your rufus, I never ever get to play against rufus, never mind a top rufus, I dunno wtf is going on, but I'm learning... I think.. maybe your jsut toying with me , I dunno lol :o I've never wiffed so many ultras since I started playing, I dunno wtf is going on there.:mad: But I also really need to improve my knowledge on what moves beat what and so forth. Just when I'm sure bla bla move should beat something something, I get an ultra to the face :p

All in all your an immensely impressive player to fight.

Xinkai wrote: »
    GG's to Ramza last night, very enjoyable.

A bit of good critisism though, your ken is good, your combos are good, but your gameplay itself needs improvment, i kept you out in 1 fight by simply throwing fireballs, AA HKing & FP SRKing. Other than that your solid man.

GGs man :D

Yeah, I got a lot to work on and improve upon, and I definitely look forward to playing more games whether it be offline or online.

Maybe you'll be on tonight :)

• Advertisement

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    I've never wiffed so many ultras since I started playing, I dunno wtf is going on there.:mad:

Ggs. I wouldnt be angry at your execution if I was you, ya pull off some hard links. Much better execution than I have anyway, I can only do basic combos and I still mess them up.

Advertisement