Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need a skip? Babyskip!

• 04-10-2006 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

I saw these in Dunnes Stores yesterday and thought it was a great idea. You buy the bag for around €15, and then fill it up and when it is ready to be collected you ring the number, pay €75 (I think) and they take it away for you. Would be handy if you didnt need a big ass skip and you dont have to be under time restrictions to fill it up and have it ready for collection.

Heres the site; click

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

its 78 for collection + 3% cc surcharge
    so all in, its nearly 95 euro.

do they charge extra if you go overweight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

seems quite expensive to me?

how much is skip hire these days?

edit: this seems like much better value for 90% of cases

135euro for a 2.5 cubic yard skip, 3 day rental
    http://www.onlinetradesmen.com/Test2/SkipHireGreenstar/tabid/195/Default.aspx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Alot of skip rentals are not time limited anymore but normally 3 days is good, plus there are some places where you can get a decent size skip for less than those baby skips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

They do say that they recycle about 75% of the waste so it should be a more environmentally friendly option than the normal skip operators who will fill the earth with your junk.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭shaneos

you can drive up to the county council "recycling" centres (i.e. a tidy dump) and get rid of your waste for cheaper.

For entry into the Ballyogan recycling centre (off the M50) it costs 12 for a car, 20 for a van and 50 for a trailer - http://www.dublinwaste.ie/brp_opens.html.

I recently did some building work and borrowed a trailer to do a few runs to the dump, sorry, recycling centre. Much cheaper than hiring a skip.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

That place off the M50 seems v expensive. The council recycling depot in Dundalk, one of the first in the country is only €1 (one) to enter and drop off waste. Most waste is free and you can dump black plastic bags for €6 I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

A1 Waste have a saturday special of €200 for the 6 cube builders skip in the Dublin area & north Kildare.

http://www.a1waste.ie/chooseskip.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

best recycling center is ringsend. Weve used both ballyogan and ringsend and ringsend one allows more stuff for less. Just a word to the wise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

I think the main advantage / selling point of those BabySkip dunnes stores things is that you can get them into areas where you cant get a "normal" metal skip.

B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

I think the main advantage / selling point of those BabySkip dunnes stores things is that you can get them into areas where you cant get a "normal" metal skip.

B
    but then you cant get them out ;)
    the guidelines mean it has to be within a few feet of a road

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭DannyD

This is only available in 4 out of 26 counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I think getting rid of old junk and filling skip, usually with rubble etc are a bit different. While can fill the car with a load of junk and bring it to the recycling center its a bit different if its rubble or dirt etc. I've a bit of digging to do around the place, laying paving etc, and I'll probably need a skip, so this skip info will be handy. I might do the digging over a few weeks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PorridgeHead

subway wrote: »
    but then you cant get them out ;)
    the guidelines mean it has to be within a few feet of a road

Baby Skips (Keywaste) are driving me demented.:mad:
    The website says "Convenience! With our full range of trucks, we can access even the narrowest spaces".
    I am waiting 2 weeks for them to collect 2 x Maxi Bags, and just keep getting the excuse that a small truck is scheduled for Thursday.... but every bleedin week has a Thursday!!!
    If it was a Metal Skip that they wanted back, they would have been and gone, but as it is a Pre-Paid Bag, they don't give a toss about inconveniencing the customer. KeyWasters is a better name.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

PorridgeHead,

Please don't bump threads that are almost 4 years old.

I'd say it might be best to start a new thread in Consumer Issues.

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement