Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BANDSCAN THREAD

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

It was perfect most of the way up the M7 and worked in Mountrath so I wonder what site it comes from, possibly outside of Dublin?

RDS wouldn't load for some reason no matter how long I left it on for, does it have a blank PS or anything ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,618 ✭✭✭Infoanon

marno21 wrote: »
    It was perfect most of the way up the M7 and worked in Mountrath so I wonder what site it comes from, possibly outside of Dublin?

RDS wouldn't load for some reason no matter how long I left it on for, does it have a blank PS or anything ?

Reception of the station could indicate its outside of Dublin - theres also the added confusion that a number of low powered stations have popped up on 87.6 over the last few months - similar issues with the RDS,possibly the RDS unit is not tuned correctly - signal being received is strong enough for RDS to load.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

While parked at Kildare Village, it along with 88.1 were the only pirates I could receive (is there one on 92.4? it was playing trance-y music but it could've been an iTrip cos I forget to check)

The RDS did come up on the car, it just wouldn't load the PS for some reason (the car hadn't got RDS on 99.9 for example for a while and it loaded it within about 6/7 seconds)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,980 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

is there one on 92.4? it was playing trancey music
    apparently thats a relay of radio 7 or something, don't know though

shut down alcohol action ireland now! end MUP today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭Antenna

After being absent for a few months Cork City Community Radio returned to FM last weekend on the same frequency as before - 100.5 - with another 100-day/year licence.
    It's on 2 days a week - Saturdays and Sundays at present, but supposed to add Fridays also in December. http://corkradio.com/

• Advertisement

Station on 87.6 IDing on air as "Fusion", picked it up today from Co. Laois on on the M7

Could get it last Sunday on car radio parked at this location on the E. Cork coast.

https://www.google.com/maps?ll=51.8856,-7.868667&spn=0.000003,0.00283&cbp=12,17.64,,0,0&layer=c&panoid=uRihSQhvYl-7_-wIcRtbPQ&cbll=51.8856,-7.868667&t=m&z=19

reception of 87.6 came (to just about listenable levels) and went away in slow fades over several minutes

Great reception from the north and east parked there, the terrain behind weakening numerous signals from the west was a help in hearing many UK + distant Irish (north-east) signals .

The weekend temporary licenced Community Radio Kilkenny City on 88.7 was audible with not too much difficulty.
    More of a struggle, I could get identifiable reception of the also temporary licenced Tramore Community Radio (92.3) much of the time (careful positioning of car to minimise strength of 92.2, and also + detuning, though BBC R3 92.3 from Divis (NI) faded up stong enough at times to overcome it.

Other distant catches (that would be drowned out in other nearby places) included i-Radio on 104.4, LMFM on 95.8, R. Pembrokeshire 102.5 ,

Later on Sunday night some miles inland I discovered northern Spanish stations coming through due to ducting on 87.5 , 106.4 (2 stations) 106.6, none strong enough for RDS though

Last night Monday was similar with a 100.4 being the best Spanish signal it seemed, RDS name: "RNE 1 ," (yes a comma appeared at the end whatever that signifies?)

Was wondering would you weigh in at any point :)

That signal on 87.6 has massive coverage cos of the clear frequency, where ever it's from. Surprised you weren't blocked by Nowen Hill/Hollyhill there on those frequencies.

Tullylease, Co. Cork last Sunday, LMFM 95.8 was listenable on the phone radio (even with Clare FM on 95.9). iRadio on 102.1, 105.0, 104.4 (stereo), and 106.7. BBC Radio 2-4 on 88.1, 90.3, 92.5. BBC Radio 1 on 99.4. Usuals from Clermont Cairn. Kippure also strong with RDS on 89.1 - 100.9. (There's great clearence to the north east there, in fact RTE R1's strongest signal in the car is on 89.6, a full 150km away)

On Sunday night at home, BBCs from North Hessary Tor and a Spanish signal on 106.6 were there.

Strong tropo tonight again

88.1, 90.3, 92.5, 97.7, 100.0 - BBC Radio - North Hessary Tor - 406km - 160kW
    105.4 - Real Wales - Cardiff - 408km - 5kW
    105.2 - Real Wales - Carmel - 356km - 3kw
    105.9 - RFM - Brest - 509km - 3kW (presumed)
    98.9/93.7 - BBC Radio - Haverfordwest - 300km - 20kW
    104.9 - BBC Radio 4 - Haverfordwest - 300km - 20kW (RDS: BBC R4 - received on indoor stereo with RDS)
    106.0 - Real Radio - Kilvey Hill - 1kW - 370km
    102.1 - Nation 80s - Kilvey Hill - 1.3kW - 370km
    106.8 - Nation 80s - Wenvoe - 4.54kW - 417km
    96.8 - BBC Radio Wales - Wenvoe - 250kW - 417km
    99.1 - BBC Radio 1 - Kilvey Hill - 1kW - 370km
    104.7 - UNID - playing Barry White
    102.8 - UNID - music
    Alongside the domestics: 98.7 - Kippure, 102.2 Dungarvan, 96.2 Kilkeveragh,

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tallaght Twin

An internet search shows 87.6 Fusion Radio Laois, is coming from Laois, with it would seem, some link to 88.7 Fusion Radio Cork. Fusion Radio seems to be an internet station with the outfit in Laois rebroadcasting this feed, supplementing it with local programming. I'm unsure whether the Cork city outfit is doing the same (internet rebroadcast with local programming), but I'm sure one of our Cork city posters will confirm.

Great idea I must say. I wonder if anyone else out there will do the same (internet rebroadcast with local programming) of Fusion Radio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Is anyone else noticing like FM104 have a transmitter on 104.6.

In some areas I can get a lock on 104.6 and nothing on 104.5 and a lock again on 104.4.

Are they doing this to block out the iRadio 104.7 over spill into Dublin ?

• Advertisement

msg11 wrote: »
    Is anyone else noticing like FM104 have a transmitter on 104.6.

In some areas I can get a lock on 104.6 and nothing on 104.5 and a lock again on 104.4.

104.6 is leakage from the UPC cable system.

Station called 'Base' appeared on 99.5FM in Dublin yestersday (Sat 28th) strong signal in the south west of Dublin

No sign of it there yesterday when I passed through SW Dublin (3pm/9pm). Only pirates I got were 92.1, 93.2, 107.1

87.6 in the Midlands seemed weak yesterday and only showed on the phone around the M8/M7 junction (where the crash was yesterday for anyone who travelled up)

Infoanon wrote: »
    Station called 'Base' appeared on 99.5FM in Dublin yestersday (Sat 28th) strong signal in the south west of Dublin

Yeah with the scrolling RDS which I thought was a serious no no, due to the dangers it poses to drivers in cars trying to read scrolling text !

anyone know does ministry fm broadcast online yet?

now on air - 'The Rock' a new 'multicity' (outside of Dublin) temporary licenced station on air for the next 6 weekends - a sister station of Nova in Dublin:

106.7FM in Cork
    105.5FM in Limerick
    89.5FM in Galway

A station with RDS ID'ing as True80s has appeared on the air in Dublin on 91.6 - good signal around the city

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Red Fred

A station with RDS ID'ing as True80s has appeared on the air in Dublin on 91.6 - good signal around the city

It's the same people that were behind Easy Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tallaght Twin

Apart from Trinity FM and The Rock, are there any other temporary licensed stations on air at the moment?

Apart from Trinity FM and The Rock, are there any other temporary licensed stations on air at the moment?

None at the moment - I assume Christmas FM will make its annual appearance shortly.

ITT (Tallaght) was on for a while recently

The costs of setting up a temporary licence station these days are prohibitive.

• Advertisement

In Cork there's also a temporary licensed station CSN-FM on 107.2 for college 'Coláiste Stiofáin Naofa' and surrounding areas, its currently on air every Thursday until Christmas, and Tuesdays and Thursdays after the Christmas break for 30 days, 1PM-9PM on those days:

http://www.csn.ie/site/html/facs/f-radio.htm

Dublin update November 5th 2013:

91.6 : NRG have moved from 88.1 to 91.6 - avoids interferance to Christmas FM on 88.1 when it launches later this month
    92.1 : Ministry continue on 92.1 - audio slightly distorted
    93.2 : Play continue on air
    94.1 : Strong signal - dance music over the weekend - off air tonight
    99.5 : UNID - Strong signal - dance music
    107.1: Tonik - dance music - RDS still reads Radio ID.....

87.6 : Fusion FM ?? - weak in Dublin South
    1386AM - Energy was back on the air with station IDs at the weekend

Other - EastCoast FM 99.9 suffering audio problems again - right stereo channel has been restored this evening.....

92.1 : Ministry continue on 92.1 - audio slightly distorted
    any sign of a stream for them?
    99.5 : UNID - Strong signal - dance music[/quote
    let us know if you get an id for these, cheers

any sign of a stream for them?
    99.5 : UNID - Strong signal - dance music[/quote
    let us know if you get an id for these, cheers

Think (about 90%) it was ID'ing as Bass FM .

Anyone else hear Ministry on 92.1 and then some other dance station coming in on 92.3. It was fine the first time I heard it then my god there was awful harmonics on 92.2 causing both 92.1 and 92.3 to become distorted and if it's causing that much harmonics on 92.2 god knows where it's firing off too up the band add into that the BBC relay on 92.3 can see ComReg calling soon!

msg11 wrote: »
    Anyone else hear Ministry on 92.1 and then some other dance station coming in on 92.3. It was fine the first time I heard it then my god there was awful harmonics on 92.2 causing both 92.1 and 92.3 to become distorted and if it's causing that much harmonics on 92.2 god knows where it's firing off too up the band add into that the BBC relay on 92.3 can see ComReg calling soon!
    were you able to hear whether the 92.3 dance station is dublin or even irish based?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

I would say your hearing 2fm from the south West coming in and out on 92.2 they have 100Kw from Mullingnish or something near to that power .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

NRG Dublin seems to be gone of the air today. :-(

still no sign of an online stream for ministry? would love to hear the station, it was one of my favs back in the day

I would say your hearing 2fm from the south West coming in and out on 92.2 they have 100Kw from Mullingnish or something near to that power .

Nope - there is a dance station on 92.3 ,.2 from Ministry and Phoneix!

ID'ing as Galaxy FM

Not too clever

NRG back on the air now

• Advertisement

Nope - there is a dance station on 92.3 ,.2 from Ministry and Phoneix!

ID'ing as Galaxy FM

Not too clever

NRG back on the air now

Defo a dance station there, might have even upped the power !

Advertisement