Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

LogMeIn FREE!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Worth noting that while this gives access to some logmein features you have to pay an upgrade subscription of over thirty euro to get all of them.
    Splashtop is fully featured,very good and quite cheap. Usually priced between 79c and 3.99 depending on deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Aye. Basic logmein basic access has always been free. You have to pay for the goodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

^ not on iOS devices. Was about €25

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

teamviewer is also a good program for getting free remote access to other computers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

kaizersoze wrote: »
    Aye. Basic logmein basic access has always been free. You have to pay for the goodies.

That's just for the basic desktop browser based access, the mobile apps are relatively expensive. €21 for Android right now -

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.logmein.ignitioneu.android

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

thomas01 wrote: »
    teamviewer is also a good program for getting free remote access to other computers.
    ditto for teamviewer and it even has a free android (and iOS) app for remote controlling your PC from your phone whilst you are on the move. :)

whilst the android app never going to be a replacement for the full desktop experience, it is very usable if you have the need and it starts as a service so you don't even need the PC to be logged into windows to be able to remote control it.

i still use logmein free from time to time to do remote support for family PC's, but teamviewer p1sses all over it for remote controlling your own PC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Great piece of software and it is free ! Enjoy.

http://itunes.apple.com/ie/app/logmein/id479229407?mt=8

Thanks.

Just downloaded this and it works great.

Thanks op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

thomas01 wrote: »

Super app. Works great and is highly recommended

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

vibe666 wrote: »
    ditto for teamviewer and it even has a free android app for remote controlling your PC from your phone whilst you are on the move. :)

whilst the android app never going to be a replacement for the full desktop experience, it is very usable if you have the need and it starts as a service so you don't even need the PC to be logged into windows to be able to remote control it.

i still use logmein free from time to time to do remote support for family PC's, but teamviewer p1sses all over it for remote controlling your own PC's.

Can you edit documents via these apps?

You can via splashtop which is 79c atm. Not inferring it's superior,it's the only one I've tried. I'd be interested to know before I install anything else on my PC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

great find! cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Mr.S wrote: »
    LogMeIn for iPhone/iPod touch always cost $$$, now its free.

App + free web version of LogMeIn is very handed, you call still do a lot of stuff:)

Thanks. Didn't realise that. I use LogMeIn a good bit on the pc but not on the iPad. I looked at their ignition app before but assumed their app was free.
    Good find indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

It works very well with my iPad2 tethered to my iPhone4 over 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Can you edit documents via these apps?

You can via splashtop which is 79c atm. Not inferring it's superior,it's the only one I've tried. I'd be interested to know before I install anything else on my PC.
    sorry, but edit what documents? we're talking about remotely accessing desktop PC's so whatever is on your desktop is usable, there's no editing of docs required on your local device.

with teamviewer (much the same as logmein) you have a mouse and keyboard input via the touchscreen of your android or iphone, tablet pc or ipad and that device's onscreen keyboard (or real keyboard and mouse on another desktop or laptop pc running windows, osx or linux) which you use to remote control any remote windows, linux or osx pc with teamviewer installed.

Advertisement