Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Becoming a fan of the John Creedon show

Comments

• And now Polite, by Bri.

I love the eclectic nature of the playlist. Always something good on this show

• Registered Users Posts: 27,981 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Three in a row from the genius they call Tom Waits - heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Mav11

Just the stuff for a wet stormy night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Mav11

And now Polite, by Bri.

I love the eclectic nature of the playlist. Always something good on this show

Must take him forever to put it together. He has some knowledge!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,265 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

He played a Syd Barrett track for me last week, was absolutely delighted. His show would go hand in hand with Kelly-Anne Byrne's Beat Goes On on Today FM, sadly Kelly gave up doing the show, but Creedon would handle a similar crossover probably not as much electronica as such but alternative, psychedelic, prog, trad, folk rock, hard rock, rock n roll, psychobilly, rockabilly, Americana, blues, jazz and funk.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭jimmymack

He played a Syd Barrett track for me last week, was absolutely delighted. His show would go hand in hand with Kelly-Anne Byrne's Beat Goes On on Today FM, sadly Kelly gave up doing the show, but Creedon would handle a similar crossover probably not as much electronica as such but alternative, psychedelic, prog, trad, folk rock, hard rock, rock n roll, psychobilly, rockabilly, Americana, blues, jazz and funk.

I found out last week that Kelly-Anne Byrne is doing a show on Twitch on Saturday nights, and she uploads the show onto Soundcloud afterwards. She played a load of her 45s last weekend and did a Stevie Wonder tribute the weekend before!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭whatever76

jimmymack wrote: »
    I found out last week that Kelly-Anne Byrne is doing a show on Twitch on Saturday nights, and she uploads the show onto Soundcloud afterwards. She played a load of her 45s last weekend and did a Stevie Wonder tribute the weekend before!

https://soundcloud.com/kellyannebyrne

• Registered Users Posts: 71,248 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ending with ‘So What’ by Miles Davis - good call :)

RIP Jimmy Cobb.

• Ending with ‘So What’ by Miles Davis - good call :)

RIP Jimmy Cobb.

That whole album Kind Of Blue is outstanding. And you’re so right, what a great finish

• Clapton is God

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭RINO87

jimmymack wrote: »

If ye like this sort of stuff I'd suggest Craig Charles on BBC6 Satrudays from 6-9. Brilliant funk and soul show, it used to be a great lead in to the beat goes on!

• Ah, Echo Beach. Takes me back to a brilliant holiday on Vigie Beach in 1980. We changed the lyrics to suit. Magic days.

Thanks (again!) John

And now Gruff Rhys!

Good man, John :)

• Boo hoo. Couldn’t get John to stream this evening. “Please try again later”. It’s some sort of punishment for me complaining about the age of the RTÉ news headlines recently. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Can you not get it on FM?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Bus Boy

Great list again. Bleeding Heart Pigeons, Elbow and a cracker from Denise Chaila. More to come... like Cocteau Twins

• sligojoek wrote: »
    Can you not get it on FM?

I don’t have a radio! Having gone all high tech, there’s obviously some issue with my Google Nest thingy, and TuneIn - but only with Radio 1. Everything else works ok. And I’m listening in tonight (to another great show!) on an iPad. Curiouser and curiouser.

Ah well ....

I don’t have a radio! Having gone all high tech, there’s obviously some issue with my Google Nest thingy, and TuneIn - but only with Radio 1. Everything else works ok. And I’m listening in tonight (to another great show!) on an iPad. Curiouser and curiouser.

Ah well ....

I normally use the RTE radio 1 app on the phone to a speaker, if I have to stream. Rarely a problem. Although if the problem is at RTE's end it's all a matter which app you use

Or plug headphones, which act as an aerial , into the phone. Depending on your phone you should have an FM radio app.

Pretenders, Tourists (prequel to Eurythmics) and the great Johnny Cash - we're on a roll.

• Advertisement

• Joni Mitchell singing Amelia. Perfect ending to the evening.

Two of The Proclaimers best songs :)

And now some Scritti :)

Endless Art from A House - perfect for Bloomsday

‘Half Past Two’ by The Stunning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,931 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

‘Half Past Two’ by The Stunning :)

Is auld Turnip Head on form?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Brilliant live version of Bullfrog Blues, Rory in full flow is a force of nature.

‘Five Years’ by David Bowie.

EPIC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DuhJerk

Anyone know the song playing behind the advert for his show? Sounded like a nice tune

• Advertisement

The new Bob Dylan album.

tenor.gif

Advertisement