Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Final Fantasy VII Remaster/Remake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Mine left 1.30am like yours, probably hasn't got into an Post system yet if the tracking isn't updated :(

Just seems like pot luck who got scanned in...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,472 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Hope ye get yer copies sorted soon.

Lads.....Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaads this is epic. I can't believe I'm playing it. Readable subtitles and pausable cutscenes are such a subtle bonus in 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,618 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Hope ye get yer copies sorted soon.

Lads.....Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaads this is epic. I can't believe I'm playing it. Readable subtitles and pausable cutscenes are such a subtle bonus in 2020.
    You are making me want a copy of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Really loving this so far. Played about 3 hours of it today. Already encountered some of the new extra missions and stuff that would be considered filler to pad out the length of the game, but to be honest I’m one of those players that purposely padded out the length of the original game anyway... going off outside of the slums and running around in circles, getting in as many battles as I can early on to level up my materia and gil. At least now you can do that in the form of side quests before you continue on with the story.

Midgar looks amazing from the upper plate to the slums. So much so that I feel like hanging around sector 8 and doing all the optional stuff just to take it all in before the story progresses more. Some surprisingly challenging enemies early on too.

Chapter 2 done and i love it. The music, graphics, combat, all excellent that has a whiff of nostalgia but it's a completely new game. There's so many layers to the combat, it's really satisfying getting into a flow of attack, switch, ability, switch, magic, attack, etc. Also the enemies seem less spongey than the demo which was my biggest complaint of it.

I died once so far as i didn't take a new eventt seriously, good to see the choice of loading, a save file, starting from last section or starting from start of the last battle. Gets you back into the action nice and quick and skippable cutscenes are great as well. Can't wait to get stuck into it more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

As im someone who has never played any FF games, would you still recommend this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

As im someone who has never played any FF games, would you still recommend this?

If you can still get the demo that might be a good way to find out.
    From what I've played it's a good game that doesn't need nostalgia to keep you interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Yes finally! Scanned into Dublin Parcel Hub, should have mine tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Chapter 2 done and i love it. The music, graphics, combat, all excellent that has a whiff of nostalgia but it's a completely new game. There's so many layers to the combat, it's really satisfying getting into a flow of attack, switch, ability, switch, magic, attack, etc. Also the enemies seem less spongey than the demo which was my biggest complaint of it.

I died once so far as i didn't take a new eventt seriously, good to see the choice of loading, a save file, starting from last section or starting from start of the last battle. Gets you back into the action nice and quick and skippable cutscenes are great as well. Can't wait to get stuck into it more.

You're probably the biggest culprit in here for getting me to buy games I hadn't intended.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    You're probably the biggest culprit in here for getting me to buy games I hadn't intended.

And do you love them? Cuz if you do, i could surely be making money off this in some way...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

endainoz wrote: »
    Don't do this to all us ejits who panicked and went digital!
    This is out on the 10th, right? I googled it and it told me the 10th. But i have this itching feeling its out tonight at midnight

The price we pay for taking the "easy route" and going digital I'm afraid, we have to wait till Friday, were all in this together.

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You bastards, i hate all you physical feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Vicxas wrote: »
    You bastards, i hate all you physical feckers!
    don't be too hasty, smyth's shipped my order yesterday but haven't provided a working tracking link, considering it went from order to shipped in until 3 hours I can forgive them for not putting in a working tracking number in the email/my account but I'm now sitting by the letterbox waiting/wondering if today's the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

don't be too hasty, smyth's shipped my order yesterday but haven't provided a working tracking link, considering it went from order to shipped in until 3 hours I can forgive them for not putting in a working tracking number in the email/my account but I'm now sitting by the letterbox waiting/wondering if today's the day.

My postie has been and gone, with no FFVII I may add, mine went out yesterday, my link also does not work with tracking, could it be sent by DPD with Smyth's?

I normally only ever collect with Smyth's, never got anything delivered from them...

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Fieldog wrote: »
    My postie has been and gone, with no FFVII I may add, mine went out yesterday, my link also does not work with tracking, could it be sent by DPD with Smyth's?

I normally only ever collect with Smyth's, never got anything delivered from them...

Well i ordered quite a few games with smyths and they’re tracking numbers never worked.it was always an post who delivered for smyths. It took a day for KH3 to arrive so id say you definitely get your copy tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Doorbell rang. Never moved as fast in my life as the postie never rings unless there is a package.

Everyone can relax, my wife's makeup subscription box arrived.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Mikiek14 wrote: »
    Well i ordered quite a few games with smyths and they’re tracking numbers never worked.it was always an post who delivered for smyths. It took a day for KH3 to arrive so id say you definitely get your copy tomorrow

Unless postie kept it for himself :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Mikiek14

Unless postie kept it for himself :eek:

Maybe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

RedXIV wrote: »
    Doorbell rang. Never moved as fast in my life as the postie never rings unless there is a package.

So many emotions in such a short timeframe, you probably should lie down.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

atWfrFO.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Someone ripped the audio for the game, so you can listen before the soundtrack is released in a few days.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpZEgzu1Qm_sDFx8IVRFjcjaBQFuUgWnh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Postman just left, I am final fantasy-less unfortunately. Smyths sent the dispatch email yesterday.

Could dpd possibly deliver it instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Gonna digital preorder this on Thursday night of my preorder doesn't show up soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭ T. Hanks^

giphy.gif

Me since 7am

• Registered Users Posts: 15,235 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Kiith wrote: »
    Someone ripped the audio for the game, so you can listen before the soundtrack is released in a few days.

Im a bit sad i wont get Cosmo Canyon theme for a while :(

Kiith wrote: »

And there was me just looking for tunes to listen to to get me through the workday, they nailed the ost!

Speaking of, I can imagine a lot of people humming this when their postie arrives with the goods

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

something similar here, doorbell rang, got down to see the postie at the house next door and said "Sorry, I rang your door by mistake"

something similar here, doorbell rang, got down to see the postie at the house next door and said "Sorry, I rang your door by mistake"

I'm sorry but that's hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I'm 8 hours in. Although I am enjoying it I do find the reactor 5 stuff is excessively padded.

I'm also disappointed in some of the visuals. Main characters look amazing and the combat looks great. But sector 7 looks weirdly last gen and uses a static backdrop image for the upper plate which I find a bit offputting. Reminds me of the Halo ring a little bit but in this fidelity it sticks out how the background is lower res than everything else and doesn't look right when you move the camera. Reminds me a little of how the backgrounds move in Duke Nukem 3D. It's not as bad as that but it's definitely not very good looking imo.

There are things I think that are incredible about the game, like that Airbuster fight. I want to grab a recording of it when I figure it out. But assets are sadly very inconsistent and don't always give the impression that this is a AAA game. Especially next to the likes of what we've seen from God of War, Gears 5, RDR2 and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

@Zero-Cool

Did your An Post tracking updated to out for delivery or anything like that? Or did it just turn up...

Advertisement