Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What race would you like to see more of in Star Trek maybe in the new Picard series?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,731 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Andorians already claimed.
    Was always curious about the Iconians.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Evade

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Andorians already claimed.
    Was always curious about the Iconians.
    I'd love to see something about the Iconians. The Hur'q too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭liamtech

maybe the Sheliac Corporate?

Could be very interesting

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

This thread just reinforces my belief that an anthology series would really suit a 25th century Star Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

liamtech wrote: »
    maybe the Sheliac Corporate?

Could be very interesting

Yes! More about them!

Can only see it being a war though

• Advertisement

I remember almost 20 years ago people giving out that Enterprise would be crap because it could only show previou races and we NEEDED to keeo pushing forward to get new.
    We move forward and everyone now calling for previous races

• Registered Users Posts: 24,468 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

I remember almost 20 years ago people giving out that Enterprise would be crap because it could only show previou races and we NEEDED to keeo pushing forward to get new.

with the possible exception of the Klingons every race has been so shallowly looked into that there is so much left to do with any of them, never mind new 1 dimensional races for the sake of it.

It's one of the real reasons I enjoy many of the books, they spend time fleshing out so much on this and the techs and so forth to give the universe way more depth and interest

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

It's not really the same. This is more can we explore this previously seen thing while moving everything forward, kind of like Wrath of Khan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Evade wrote: »
    I'd love to see something about the Iconians. The Hur'q too.

I suppose that could work. Maybe Picard went and did some more exploring on what happened to them after he leaves Starfleet.

I think he would be good to see more of the Gorn maybe make them a more 3 dimensional race. What happened after they attacked Federation colonists on Sestis 3? Was there a war between the Federation and the Gorn, was a treaty signed and do they trade with the Gorn now or a are the Gorn part of the Federation now? Also why did the car not help fight the Dominion? Maybe they did but we just never heard it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The Hur'q were said to be extinct by DS9 though (I suppose that they could have been in hiding but I imagine that the Dominion would have taken them down)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,187 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

AMKC wrote: »
    I suppose that could work. Maybe Picard went and did some more exploring on what happened to them after he leaves Starfleet.

I think he would be good to see more of the Gorn maybe make them a more 3 dimensional race. What happened after they attacked Federation colonists on Sestis 3? Was there a war between the Federation and the Gorn, was a treaty signed and do they trade with the Gorn now or a are the Gorn part of the Federation now? Also why did the car not help fight the Dominion? Maybe they did but we just never heard it.

Thought you Feds and Gorn sorted out differences by the 2370s.
    Don't think they were a needlessly aggressive race.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

The Hur'q were said to be extinct by DS9 though (I suppose that they could have been in hiding but I imagine that the Dominion would have taken them down)
    Good thing Picard has an interest in archaeology and holodecks exist. Like Voyager's Living Witness.

Good thing Picard has an interest in archaeology and holodecks exist. Like Voyager's Living Witness.

So you jump to a Voy episode, when referencing Picard, Vs just mentioning Inner Light? Have you no shame?? ;)

Have you no shame?? ;)
    Almost none.

Almost none.

Just like the Klingons!

No wait they have shame and dishonour

Just like the Ferengi!

No they are easily shamed!!

Just like the Borg!
    They dont give two fcuks

Ms

Just like the Klingons!

No wait they have shame and dishonour

Just like the Ferengi!

No they are easily shamed!!

Just like the Borg!
    They dont give two fcuks

I don't think the Borg give one fcuk never mind two but maybe the Queen could:P :D

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Rawr

How about the Iconians?

They got referenced plenty as this highly advanced Super-Empire with their gateways. Imagine some crazy sod trying to combine Borg-tech with Iconian gateways?

The ruckus results in them being "summoned" from wherever they went to a Million years ago.

Rawr wrote: »
    How about the Iconians?

They got referenced plenty as this highly advanced Super-Empire with their gateways. Imagine some crazy sod trying to combine Borg-tech with Iconian gateways?

The ruckus results in them being "summoned" from wherever they went to a Million years ago.
    Throw in a little Dragons' Teeth from Voyager and they could pop back up at any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭pawrick

Many I'd like to see are already mentioned but how about the vaadwaur from Voyager, some of them escaped and are in proximity to Borg space. The iconians remind me of Stargate with their gateways and being an ancient civilisation but there is probably more scope to expand their story in different directions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Smiles35

pawrick wrote: »
    Many I'd like to see are already mentioned but how about the vaadwaur from Voyager, some of them escaped and are in proximity to Borg space.

I replied to someone on here thinking they were talking about this race and episode earlier. Could have called me 'foolish' afterwards. ;)

They have great hibernation tech. Could have them turn up again, waking up after a doze after following Voyager's general course

Ms

The Viidians are another race I would like to see again. Did they find a cure for the disease that was affecting them? Are they an aggressive race or a race of explorers now?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

The Viidians are another race I would like to see again. Did they find a cure for the disease that was affecting them? Are they an aggressive race or a race of explorers now?
    The Think Tank claimed to have cured them.

Ms

The Think Tank claimed to have cured them.

Claimed to have. I wonder what it cost the Viidians if they did and if so what type of race are the Viidians now?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Claimed to have. I wonder what it cost the Viidians if they did and if so what type of race are the Viidians now?
    It was implied that they went back to the way they were pre-phage which sounded pretty Federation-like.

It was implied that they went back to the way they were pre-phage which sounded pretty Federation-like.

Suppose they had a lot of making up to do. Some races might hold grudges for the whole stealing your organs and face thing.

I'd like to see more of than Swarm species we saw in Voyager. They could be interesting and seem to he different.

latest?cb=20151231114117&path-prefix=en

320x240.jpg

VOY149.jpg

Beyond will have stolen their thunder no?

• Advertisement
Advertisement