Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaybo has left the building. Liveline 08/11/2019 to date.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

zell12 wrote: »
    Who you calling a pushy opportunist with a rampant ego?
    Withdraw that, Expunge that remark, Expunge!
    NHsOOXn.png

Jim, next time you’re in Dublin give me a shout. Tanks for your service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Without Noel Kellys skilled negotiation tactics there would be a light entertainment/soft journalism presenter famine in this country. Is that what they want another famine? Sure sounds like it.

Gay worked far, far harder than Duffy. He put a huge amount of extra work into his broadcasting, perfecting his delivery. Different league to Duffy.

My father was 82 on tuesday and works more hours a week than Joe does.

And might I be correct in thinking that he earns a little less than €389.988 a year?

And might I be correct in thinking that he earns a little less than €389.988 a year?

A bit less yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

The chief mourner is off AGAIN..

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Damo today.

Genetic mutations.

Bullying.

Dublin Jimmy.

Jayyyyzzz! I leave the room a minutes and come back to bickering. First of all @MoreMusic I am genuinely truly sorry if I caused personal upset to a grieving Joe after his attention might have been drawn to that post, I mean that sincerely. However it has been conspicuous lately how Joe is defending his money’s worth, how he is elevating his sense of importance in RTE, that is the aspect I am getting at, and did it most inappropriately with said post.

This thread, alongside others following Ryan Tubridy, Ray Darcy and Marian Finnucane, focus on the top paid presenters, shining a torch brightly onto the fact that they are paid far too much for what they do. It must be demoralizing to lesser paid and equally talented people in RTE, and I think Dee Forbes has thrown the organisation over a cliff.

As a Mod I respectfully ask that this thread be kept civil and not let it be derailed. Everybody is welcome on the thread, but I expect the general focus here will undoubtedly tend to be critical as long as stupid money is paid to the presenter.

sligojoek wrote: »
    Damo today.

Genetic mutations.

Bullying.

Dublin Jimmy.

Oh dear lord.

My father passed away many many years ago,and I believe he still works more hours a week than Duffy :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

The inevitable breakeen. Anyone got an up to date workday calculator? Nice photo yesterday, seems Joe was first to sign the book of condolences last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Three front line presenters in a row out of action today, Sean, Ronan and Fateen. Some organization alright

• Registered Users Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

amlinopta wrote: »
    ?...........Nice photo yesterday, seems Joe was first to sign the book of condolences last week.

Will Joe be publishing that book for Christmas?

The inevitable breakeen. Anyone got an up to date workday calculator? Nice photo yesterday, seems Joe was first to sign the book of condolences last week.

He was the 2nd I believe,after Michaleen of the Lord Mayor.

Three front line presenters in a row out of action today, Sean, Ronan and Fateen. Some organization alright

thought the same,I wonder are they holed up somewhere planning a coup :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Probably Joe is doing interviews all day. Skoiy, CNNNN, BBBC, Al Jheyahereme etc

thought the same,I wonder are they holed up somewhere planning a coup :p

More like they want to avoid questions about their salaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

More like they want to avoid questions about their salaries.

Yes , the Salaried one’s keeping the heads down and joe having emergency meetings with his accountant and legal team .

Rte have decided to drop the rte crisis this week , if it’s a health crisis like cervical check etc. It goes on for weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

He is still in mourning back after Christmas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

Another one!! RTE presenters absolutely obsessed with calling people beautiful.

FFS........not this again.

Jesus 2 minutes in and we have tears already.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭shearforce

for the love of fcuk...why

Damo reading from Duffy's phrase book. This is a despicable interview. I'm out.

Ah .. not this Gom again!

Wasn't she on on Friday as well when there was a mass exodus from the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Who's on??

I refuse to tune in!

Ther Chase on de telly is very close.....

RTE seem determined to get rid of whatever number of listeners they have left. Who dafuk wants to listen to this stuff day in, day out?

• Advertisement

Travelers have a very high suicide rate , Damo won’t even go near exploring why in general .... some fault with the practices in that ‘culture ‘ but no way Damo will explore that .

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement