Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying a tractor / Massey ferguson 5455

Options
  • 04-11-2019 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi
    Fella near me was looking at a massey ferguson 5455. It's a 06 reg with 6000 hours. Wondering if there's anything to look out for with them or are they a reliable tractor.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭kk.man

Joe390 wrote: »
    Hi
    Fella near me was looking at a massey ferguson 5455. It's a 06 reg with 6000 hours. Wondering if there's anything to look out for with them or are they a reliable tractor.
    Thanks

I think there is a an issue with 05/06 models. I don't know what it is, I forget. Was told to stay clear of them.
    Maybe someone here might know.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Joe390

kk.man wrote: »
    I think there is a an issue with 05/06 models. I don't know what it is, I forget. Was told to stay clear of them.

Thanks for your reply. It is great to have knowledge on here as you won't get that out of the local salesman what there realy like ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭riemann

Joe390 wrote: »
    Hi
    Thanks

I have one and its a fine machine.

There can be issues with the ring gear.

Also had the back end of ours get loose which had to be tightened up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

kk.man wrote: »

Is it that the cylinders are too close together in the engine causing blown gaskets?

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

riemann wrote: »
    I have one and its a fine machine.

There can be issues with the ring gear.

Also had the back end of ours get loose which had to be tightened up.

Thanks for your reply What do you mean by the back axel getting loose and how did they tighten it up?
    Thanks again

• Advertisement

What is the difference between power shift and dyna 4 on the 5455. Heard the speedshift gives trouble. How do I know which it is.?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

5465 here a total heap of scrap stay far far away

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭leoch

Mf 5455 with loader here great yard tractor no bother with it at aĺl great steering lock and comfortable

lab man wrote: »
    5465 here a total heap of scrap stay far far away
    Why do you say that. What problems are you having with her. Was going to look at one in the next few days with him so id like to know. What year is she and what gearbox. Thanks

Joe390 wrote:
    Why do you say that. What problems are you having with her. Was going to look at one in the next few days with him so id like to know. What year is she and what gearbox. Thanks

3 damper plates in ten mths gearbox re built twice first time e 8800k 2nd time 3500 very heavy in diesel, silencer breaks on all of them half way up the exhaust e900. an absolutely no power whatsoeve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭kk.man

leoch wrote: »
    Mf 5455 with loader here great yard tractor no bother with it at aĺl great steering lock and comfortable
    What year is she?

lab man wrote: »
    3 damper plates in ten mths gearbox re built twice first time e 8800k 2nd time 3500 very heavy in diesel, silencer breaks on all of them half way up the exhaust e900. an absolutely no power whatsoeve
    Thanks, looked at that 5465 and she was a bit to long anyways. Yard wouldn't suit it.
    Never knew that they could give so much trouble. Are you keeping yourself or going to get rid of it . Thanks again

Joe390 wrote:
    Thanks, looked at that 5465 and she was a bit to long anyways. Yard wouldn't suit it. Never knew that they could give so much trouble. Are you keeping yourself or going to get rid of it . Thanks again

out da road

Advertisement