Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Secretary/ Classroom Assistant

• 08-10-2019 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

Can anyone advise on applying for jobs as a School Secretary / Classroom Assistant in Dublin in a Primary or Secondary school setting? Preferably Primary.

I've been looking for a quite some time now on what qualificatins are needed or current vacancies available but there appears to be little to no information out there. I'd imagine jobs for this role are few and far between.

I work in administration currently, so feel I'd have the qualifications etc but would be happy to sit a course to upskill.

Any information would be appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

By classroom assistant, do you mean SNA?
    School secretary posts are very rare. It's a huge amount of work for the money involved. Nothing would pay me to take on the workload our secretary covers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Ms.Ray

By classroom assistant, do you mean SNA?
    School secretary posts are very rare. It's a huge amount of work for the money involved. Nothing would pay me to take on the workload our secretary covers.

Thanks. No I meant classroom assistant there is one course available to sit for this in Dublin however I yet to see any advertisement of jobs for this role.

SNA is something I've turned my attention to now but again unsure of what courses is best? There appears to be alot of courses but totally different costs and timeframes.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Ms.Ray wrote: »
    Thanks. No I meant classroom assistant there is one course available to sit for this in Dublin however I yet to see any advertisement of jobs for this role.

SNA is something I've turned my attention to now but again unsure of what courses is best? There appears to be alot of courses but totally different costs and timeframes.
    There are very , very few classroom assistants in the Irish primary system.

Advertisement