Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,022 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Odelay wrote: »
    Interesting link and thanks for adding it. But the state of those machines is shocking. How the fook are they so bad after 1-3k hours work?

The hours on them can't be right. I saw them a few days ago and they had 30 year old tractors with ~2k hours.

Either a broken or new clock I'd have to think....although looking at the state of the machines overall you'd have to think broken more likely than replaced!

They'd be pulling 3000 year old bog bodies out of the bog that would be in a better state

• Registered Users Posts: 6,875 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Went to the auction a few years ago, the smaller tractors are the best value, some of the fiats had no starters alternators etc, a lot were on tracks with no back linkage, a lot of exporters from what I could see

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭vincenzolorenzo

Reggie. wrote: »
    This was a while ago. Dont like them 90 deg fold up mowers since

Your new mower folds up by more than 90 degrees doesn't it? What's different in the design to stop the headstock breaking? Still a big weight its carrying isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Your new mower folds up by more than 90 degrees doesn't it? What's different in the design to stop the headstock breaking? Still a big weight its carrying isn't it?

Much bigger headstock plus the weight is even across the headstock rather than all on one arm/side

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Came across this the other day. Too cheap to resist....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

That should save the back when you are picking stones.

You'll never get it onto the front of the NH

Reggie. wrote: »
    You'll never get it onto the front of the NH

Ha, might have to go on the hyundai :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Is that poor haybob heading down under

• Registered Users Posts: 29,072 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Jb1989 wrote: »

Ha, the beauty of boards everyone has a good look at what's in the background . .

• Advertisement

Jb1989 wrote: »

It could be. Not my yard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

What’s the plan for it?

What’s the plan for it?

Building walls mostly. I have a lot of very big stones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Building walls mostly. I have a lot of very big stones.

Self praise is no praise:p

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Parishlad

Self praise is no praise:p

Thanks for that Sherriff! Badly needed a bit of a chuckle! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Jaysus, that.... and a good chainsaw!!
    #winter sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Odelay

A grab is an awful handy attachment to have. Don’t know why excavators don’t have them, they are very popular in the states.

Odelay wrote: »
    A grab is an awful handy attachment to have. Don’t know why excavators don’t have them, they are very popular in the states.

Do you mean the "thumb"

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Panjandrums

Do the OPW ever have auctions? I remember seeing a new 35tonne Kobelco excavator a few months back and thinking that would be a great buy in a few years for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Sharp MZ700

Nice clean Lexion 670 TerraTrac in Fermoy today, first time hearing one on tarmac. Couldn't believe how quiet it was, the header on tow was making a racket!

• Advertisement

Do the OPW ever have auctions? I remember seeing a new 35tonne Kobelco excavator a few months back and thinking that would be a great buy in a few years for someone.

Yeah but they are hidden bid auctions. I think that's what ya call them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Do you mean by tender?

Do you mean by tender?

Well you go in and write your bid into an envelope and seal it for whatever machine or lot.
    The yard it open for a few days for people to have a look around.

The highest bid wins when they check the envelopes.

Last of the big spenders, me.
    U1ssp4d.jpg
    Been looking for one of those for a while now as it was getting awkward removing pallets from deliveries with the bale handler. Finally found a lad not too far away making them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

U1ssp4d.jpg
    Been looking for one of those for a while now as it was getting awkward removing pallets from deliveries with the bale handler. Finally found a lad not too far away making them.

Need that exact same implement myself

What kind of pallet weight can they take?

Is it from scully trailers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

U1ssp4d.jpg

We put every thing on pallets here, nothing is ever in the way since I got pallet forks

Panch18 wrote: »
    Need that exact same implement myself

What kind of pallet weight can they take?

Is it from scully trailers?

Rated for 2 tonnes, from a man around Listowel side. My loader isn't rated for more than a tonne so I won't be testing it too much in the near future.

They're fairly scarce but got them for E450 so happy with that. Any new ones I priced seem around E7-800.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭Panch18

Rated for 2 tonnes, from a man around Listowel side. My loader isn't rated for more than a tonne so I won't be testing it too much in the near future.

They're fairly scarce but got them for E450 so happy with that. Any new ones I priced seem around E7-800.

You got a good deal, 800 seems to be the run of them from what I can see

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭satstheway

Do you find it hard to get under pallets. Like hard to see?

• Advertisement

satstheway wrote: »
    Do you find it hard to get under pallets. Like hard to see?

You get a feel for it after a while

Advertisement