Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Susi grant

Options
  • 17-08-2019 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi,
    I’m after receiving a letter from SUSI saying that I have been awarded a 100% maintenance rate and 100% rate of contribution OR 100% tuition fees. After reading frequently asked questions I still don’t quite understand on what susi will pay.
    For my college the student contribution fees are €3000 and tuition fees are €4,320, how will I know which one susi will pay for if it says that it’s either the contribution or tuition fees? Also I have been reading about free fees, are they the same as student contribution?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭smartboyz

Adel2931 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I’m after receiving a letter from SUSI saying that I have been awarded a 100% maintenance rate and 100% rate of contribution OR 100% tuition fees. After reading frequently asked questions I still don’t quite understand on what susi will pay.
    For my college the student contribution fees are €3000 and tuition fees are €4,320, how will I know which one susi will pay for if it says that it’s either the contribution or tuition fees? Also I have been reading about free fees, are they the same as student contribution?

Thank you in advance
    Please let me know if you find a answer. I'm so confused aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Adel2931

smartboyz wrote: »
    Please let me know if you find a answer. I'm so confused aswell

So basically what I’ve found out is that if you’re eligible for free fees the government pays for your tuition fees and susi will pay the student contribution. All you’ll have to pay is the levy

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭smartboyz

Adel2931 wrote: »
    So basically what I’ve found out is that if you’re eligible for free fees the government pays for your tuition fees and susi will pay the student contribution. All you’ll have to pay is the levy

How do you know If you are eligible for free fees

Advertisement