Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wimbledon 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,530 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Nick has come to play. I wouldn't be writing him off on this match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Floppybits wrote: »
    Nick has come to play. I wouldn't be writing him off on this match.

Till he tries to outdo bernie in how many ****s each of them give.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Kyrgios it to Nadal about two months ago in Acapulco. The was uproar about it.

Missed that at the time. Nadal shouldnt have been caught out today then....fool me once etc

Missed that at the time. Nadal shouldnt have been caught out today then....fool me once etc

he done 3 in a row against Lajovic too.

Anyone ever sit down and watch a full Monfils against Kyrgios match. Mother of baby jesus the violations.

• Advertisement

Ya have to love a Kygrios implosion.

who gives a fook about sleeping children in the crowd director?

good break by Kyrgios - come on take the set.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Ya have to love a Kygrios implosion.

Good response to it!

glasso wrote: »
    who gives a fook about sleeping children in the crowd director?

good break by Kyrgios - come on take the set.

Proved me wrong and took the set well done nick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭jr86

Cmon Nick! Getting into Rafa's head now :)

This is one player who won't bow down, and let you bend the rules as you please by taking half a day over each serve Rafa!

Game on

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

This boy has a few mental issues. Poor umpire, taking a lot of moronic chatter from him. No need for spitting like a knacker too. Complete a$$hat.

This boy has a few mental issues. Poor umpire, taking a lot of moronic chatter from him. No need for spitting like a knacker too. Complete a$$hat.

how many actual rivalries are there in tennis these days? - at least this has a bit of spice to it as opposed to all the "say the right things" players out there.

Most posts on the thread so far and we're only two sets in

Love him or hate him Nick brings massive publicity to a sport, inundated with overly PR savvy players and dwindling in popularity

how good is Nadal's eyesight? - 1mm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,014 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Jesus this lads anger on court makes McEnroe look like Tim Henman.

Nutjob.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I’m enjoying listening to the commentary on the Wimbledon app of the nadal match. There sounds like there could be slaps. Also, is Laura Robson ever going to come back to anywhere near where she was a few years ago ?

he is draining himself with all this stuff as Becker is saying on BBC.

angry lad today!

how good is Nadal's eyesight? - 1mm in!

Its more about feel than eyesight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

how many actual rivalries are there in tennis these days? - at least this has a bit of spice to it as opposed to all the "say the right things" players out there.

This display isn't that, surely. I'm hoping you can see the difference here. Rivalries take a bit of time to develop and there's always respect within rivalries - he's a rivalry with himself every time. It's boring.

He's achieved nothing of note so far, only to be a d&ck in every match he plays. In fact, you could call him a serial loser. His kind of spice is nothing but that of a bully and someone who relishes aggrevation. No need for it at all.

he is draining himself with all this stuff as Becker is saying on BBC.

angry lad today!
    I’m not listening to the dedicated center court commentary but from the radio Wimbledon channel you can hear him clearly giving out to the umpire.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I’m not listening to the dedicated center court commentary but from the radio Wimbledon channel you can hear him clearly giving out to the umpire.

You can hear it on the tv as well. Hard to cut it out. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I think he is going a bit overboard with the Umpire, both players are trying to wind each other up,

Kyrgios does it enough to himself - some people need to be agitated and wound up - I think Kyrgios found the point where he harvests it in the second set but is back to the point where it drains him.

Some winding up going on by both players in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

This is great theater if nothing else. Not remotely a tennis fan but I was sure not to miss this today.

Murray on at 7. Would like to watch that but no way am i switching off this.

Floppybits wrote: »
    Itssoeasy wrote: »

You can hear it on the tv as well. Hard to cut it out. ðŸ˜
    I'm not near a TV. It wasn't very loud on the radio but still more than understandable.

It's a pity nick is playing poorly overall (outside of serve) as Rafa - as ever in week one against a big hitter - is there for the taking. Some daft shot selection in that breaker by NK but that's the way he is, and he ain't gonna ever change :)

This display isn't that, surely. I'm hoping you can see the difference here. Rivalries take a bit of time to develop and there's always respect within rivalries - he's a rivalry with himself every time. It's boring.

He's achieved nothing of note so far, only to be a d&ck in every match he plays. In fact, you could call him a serial loser. His kind of spice is nothing but that of a bully and someone who relishes aggrevation. No need for it at all.

there is history between them and it's 3-3.

This is not about a top 2 all-time rivalry - it's not that at all obviously.

but it's more interesting that watching Nadal whip Federer on clay for example.

Krygios is too flaky to win a GS but has won tournaments and he's not even that bothered but he's up for this match - including beating Nadal earlier this year.

It's a fascinating match - take in on that merit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Great match so far.

• Advertisement

not focused enough in the tie-breaks.

Advertisement