Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 Regular Season Thread

• 19-03-2019 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

With the season starting tomorrow in Japan, time for the annual regular season thread to be started. Off season thread still relevant for the other 28 teams I suppose.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Plenty of runs this morning. No Diaz, no problem for the Mariners. Strickland with the 1-2-3 save.

Nice ovation for ichiro too. Pity he didn’t get a hit though. That would have been nice.

Ichiro, as expected, to retire after today’s game. Like yesterday, it would have been nice to see him get a hit but he went 0-4.

Game still going, 4-4 in the 11th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Bittersweet about Ichiro. Was cool he got to play his last games in Japan but I don't think we'll ever see his like again. I will forever wish I followed Mariners in the early 2000s when Ichiro was putting in 200+ hits a season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭boccy23

Only just noticed that the Cubbies optioned Ian Happ to Iowa. Bit of a flame out for the guy who hit the first HR of opening day in 2018 from the first pitch.

• Oh what a day it is! Opening day, in a couple of weeks the bars will be rammed everyday after work for Leafs and Raptors playoff games on, the patios start to open. Love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Oh what a day it is! Opening day, in a couple of weeks the bars will be rammed everyday after work for Leafs and Raptors playoff games on, the patios start to open. Love it

It's certainly a good time to be a Toronto sports fan that's for sure!

So Seattle Mariners basically won the game for New York Mets today. :P

So Seattle Mariners basically won the game for New York Mets today. :P

Ha ha, yeah.

Makes a change for deGrom actually having someone score a run when he's pitching too.

mod9maple wrote: »
    It's certainly a good time to be a Toronto sports fan that's for sure!

Speaking of Blue Jays

https://twitter.com/SNstats/status/1111066650369900544

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Zimmermann of the Tigers on for a perfect game against Blue Jays at the Seventh Inning stretch...

Involved in a great pitching duel now. Zimmerman has retired the first 20 but the score still 0-0

EDIT - And as soon as I type that, the perfect game is ended.

And then it was over!!

• Everyone jinxed it:pac:

• Positives: Stroman excellent, Biagini encouraging, hundred-miles-giles excellent.

The hitting will come. Just looking forward to watching the development

• Dodgers have hit 8 home runs so far today. In the 8th now.
    8 on Opening Day is a major league record

Dodgers have hit 8 home runs so far today. In the 8th now.
    8 on Opening Day is a major league record

And Greinke pitching for Arizona.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Seen Yankees game earlier they look scary good they have so much power and the bullpen is every bit as good as advertised ,my pick for world series .

So after watching Mariner's defence featuring Jay Bruce for 2 innings, I was getting set for a very long season. But then Sale imploded, Mariners hit 3HR against him, chased him out after 3 innings and I'm still not sure what happened.

Nice start by the Cubs last evening. No significant changes to the team as none was really required. My only concern would be the bullpen and the Closer in particular. But the batting unit and the rotation are top notch.

Of course they will need it with the NL Central going to be so tough...

• Advertisement

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Nice start by the Cubs last evening. No significant changes to the team as none was really required. My only concern would be the bullpen and the Closer in particular. But the batting unit and the rotation are top notch.

Of course they will need it with the NL Central going to be so tough...

Yu Darvish being back to his old self will help.

So after watching Mariner's defence featuring Jay Bruce for 2 innings, I was getting set for a very long season.

Don’t worry, he’ll be on the IL in a while.

Goldschmidt hit 3 dingers for the cards last night, he could be what they need to get back to the postseason.

4 games, 4 HRs for Christian Yelich. Not a bad start to the MVP defence.

Rough weekend for Red Sox starters in Seattle

https://twitter.com/RSNStats/status/1112503823480905728

..but Seattle's bullpen wasn't much better. I know it's early days and small sample size but Mariners offence looks hot, defence is acceptable, starting pitching can usually sustain a lead but the bullpen is a big hole right now.

Rough weekend for Red Sox starters in Seattle

https://twitter.com/RSNStats/status/1112503823480905728

..but Seattle's bullpen wasn't much better. I know it's early days and small sample size but Mariners offence looks hot, defence is acceptable, starting pitching can usually sustain a lead but the bullpen is a big hole right now.
    Yeah that Seattle bullpen did it's best to throw away that game yesterday , I like the look of Elias and Bradford tho .When the offense cools down they will be in trouble .

Yeah that Seattle bullpen did it's best to throw away that game yesterday , I like the look of Elias and Bradford tho .When the offense cools down they will be in trouble .

Lost their closer now for a couple of months too it seems.

Lost their closer now for a couple of months too it seems.

Craig Kimbrel is still available lol

Early days I know, but my concerns about the Cubs' bullpen seem well founded already. The team scored 26 runs over three games and still lost two of them!! They conceded 23 runs, 12 of which were given up in the seventh inning or later...

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1112743398258208771

Probably won't stop them from booing the crap out of him. It's going to be great, him going up against Scherzer.

Advertisement