Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pittsburgh Steelers Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

at this stage the number of positives impacts their game next week and short practices for the week after too. Increasingly forfeit has to be the way to go or they're going to need week 19 and 20. They also shouldn't put other squads anywhere near them on a field until they have it under control or at least no more positives. They disciplined staff for not following procedures too so it's obviously rife in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

Very hard to see a forfeit. Based on historical grounds I expect they will do everything they can to have the game go ahead at some point but if this was due to someone at the Ravens not following protocol expect big implications in terms of fine and other punitive measures.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Can’t see them forfeiting either, not when there are playoff implications for both teams. A week 18 matchup on prime time would go some way to making up for losing the thanksgiving showpiece game, it’s a money centred league after all. With Pittsburgh playing for the #1 seed as things stand I don’t think they can give them a free win. Players won’t be paid in a forfeit situation as well so that is another thing to be considered.

They’ll probably fine the Ravens and take their third round draft pick away as a punishment for the slip up.

now Tuesday night..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2020/11/27/report-steelers-ravens-game-potentially-postponed-to-tuesday-night/amp/

Am sure the lads are welcoming the rest, but again feels like they are being penalized for another team who can’t get there house in order. Ravens surely should be sanctioned in some way.

• Advertisement

Tuitt will be a huge loss if he can’t go against Baltimore

Doesn’t say if they have tested positive or if they are just close contacts.

Tuitt will be a huge loss if he can’t go against Baltimore

Doesn’t say if they have tested positive or if they are just close contacts.

Tuitt will be a massive loss!!

James Conner confirmed with Covid so out for probably two games. I’d imagine he is in the high risk category given that he had cancer, hope he comes out of it ok.

Cases mounting, doubt he will be the last before Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

James Conner confirmed with Covid so out for probably two games. I’d imagine he is in the high risk category given that he had cancer, hope he comes out of it ok.

Cases mounting, doubt he will be the last before Tuesday.

Think I seen somewhere that 1 or 2 of the coaching staff have tested positive too. Conner is having his second covid test tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Think I seen somewhere that 1 or 2 of the coaching staff have tested positive too. Conner is having his second covid test tomorrow.

Danny Smith is the coach that has it. Rumours flying that several more players will be put on the Covid list in the next 24hrs as part of the contact tracing. Hopefully they can contain it

Danny Smith is the coach that has it. Rumours flying that several more players will be put on the Covid list in the next 24hrs as part of the contact tracing. Hopefully they can contain it

If it comes out that more of the team have it then that's gotta mean that Tuesday is cancelled again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

The Ravens announced that six more players have been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Saturday.

Linebacker Jaylon Ferguson, right tackle D.J. Fluker, defensive lineman Broderick Washington, practice squad offensive lineman Will Holden, cornerback Khalil Dorsey, and cornerback Tavon Young are the new additions. The Ravens have now placed 18 players on the list this week. Dorsey and Young are on injured reserve.

The reason for any player’s placement on the list has not been announced, but the timing makes it unlikely that Ferguson, Fluker, and Washington will miss Tuesday’s game against the Steelers. That game had been scheduled for Thanksgiving, but the outbreak in Baltimore led it to be postponed to Sunday and then Tuesday in hopes of controlling the outbreak.

No way in hell they can let this game go ahead now

The Ravens announced that six more players have been placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list on Saturday.

Linebacker Jaylon Ferguson, right tackle D.J. Fluker, defensive lineman Broderick Washington, practice squad offensive lineman Will Holden, cornerback Khalil Dorsey, and cornerback Tavon Young are the new additions. The Ravens have now placed 18 players on the list this week. Dorsey and Young are on injured reserve.

The reason for any player’s placement on the list has not been announced, but the timing makes it unlikely that Ferguson, Fluker, and Washington will miss Tuesday’s game against the Steelers. That game had been scheduled for Thanksgiving, but the outbreak in Baltimore led it to be postponed to Sunday and then Tuesday in hopes of controlling the outbreak.

Wow that’s crazy. Yeah I think we can forget Tuesday anyway

NFL should just pull the plug on the season to hell it's setting a terrible example. It's inevitable all teams will be overrun with covid at this rate.

Baltimore
    PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
    D.J. Fluker OG Sat, Nov 28 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Lamar Jackson QB Sat, Nov 28 Illness IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Broderick Washington DT Sat, Nov 28 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Tavon Young CB Sat, Nov 28 Knee - ACL IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Jaylon Ferguson LB Sat, Nov 28 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Khalil Dorsey CB Sat, Nov 28 Shoulder IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Will Holden OG Fri, Nov 27 Illness Out for Week 12 at Pittsburgh. Expected Return - Week 13
    Patrick Ricard FB Fri, Nov 27 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Calais Campbell DE Fri, Nov 27 Illness IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Justin Madubuike DT Fri, Nov 27 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Morgan Cox LS Fri, Nov 27 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Anthony Averett CB Thu, Nov 26 Shoulder IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 12
    Trace McSorley QB Thu, Nov 26 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Otaro Alaka LB Thu, Nov 26 Knee IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 12
    Jihad Ward DE Thu, Nov 26 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Matt Skura C Wed, Nov 25 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Patrick Mekari OG Wed, Nov 25 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Mark Andrews TE Wed, Nov 25 Thigh Limited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 12 at Pittsburgh
    Matt Judon OLB Wed, Nov 25 Ankle Limited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 12 at Pittsburgh
    Tyre Phillips OG Wed, Nov 25 Ankle Questionable for Week 12 at Pittsburgh
    Jimmy Smith CB Wed, Nov 25 Ankle Limited Practice on Friday. Questionable for Week 12 at Pittsburgh
    Pernell McPhee OLB Tue, Nov 24 Undisclosed IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Brandon Williams DT Mon, Nov 23 Ankle IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    J.K. Dobbins RB Mon, Nov 23 Illness IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Mark Ingram RB Mon, Nov 23 Illness IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Nick Boyle TE Fri, Nov 20 Knee - MCL IR. Injured Reserve
    Terrell Bonds DB Tue, Nov 17 Knee IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 14
    Iman Marshall CB Thu, Nov 12 Knee IR. Reserve - COVID-19
    Chris Moore WR Sun, Nov 8 Thigh IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 13
    Ronnie Stanley OT Tue, Nov 3 Ankle IR. Injured Reserve
    DeAndrew White WR Tue, Sep 1 Undisclosed IR. Injured Reserve
    Antoine Wesley WR Mon, Aug 24 Shoulder IR. Injured Reserve

Ravens have 18 out of the total 64 players cases in the NFL at the moment

Broncos have put all three of their QB’s on the Covid list so RB Royce Freeman is their emergency QB if they have to play on Sunday

Things getting out of hand across the league. It would have the happen the year the Sterlers actually get on a roll.

Steelers haven't practiced since Wednesday I think, so that might help them in the spread. Hopefully the disciplines that saw only McDonald test positive hold true now again.

..but Thanksgiving is really a wrench in the works for all teams...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Any notion when a decision will be made whether or not to cancel Tuesday's game? Kind need to know ahead of Sunday afternoon's games with Claypool leading my receiving core on fantasy

• Advertisement

Any notion when a decision will be made whether or not to cancel Tuesday's game? Kind need to know ahead of Sunday afternoon's games with Claypool leading my receiving core on fantasy

I’d be taking all steelers and Ravens out quite honestly. I just can’t see how it goes ahead with all that is going on in both camps.

I ditched all my Steelers WR’s because they are so up and down, Diontae and / or Juju will 20 + points one week and 0 the next etc. No matter what move you make it’s the wrong one. Claypool has probably been the most steady, gets a TD most weeks.

QB coach Matt canada tested positive but Ben wasn't deemed to be a close contact so won't have to isolate. Sounding more and more likely that Tuesday will be called off at this stage

Another positive test for the Ravens today, Willie Sneed. 8th straight day of at least one positive in the Ravens camp.
    This may well be the first forfeit with a massive fine and draft implications coming for the Ravens.

Another positive test for the Ravens today, Willie Sneed. 8th straight day of at least one positive in the Ravens camp.
    This may well be the first forfeit with a massive fine and draft implications coming for the Ravens.

I don’t think anybody wants a forfeit, not even the Steelers.

I think very last resort is move it to Thursday and move the Sunday games for both teams to the following Tuesday. They could move it to week 18 if that doesn’t work but that would be rewarding the Ravens as they would surely have everyone back.

As for punishment, fines are a complete and utter waste of time, they are an inconvenience for teams, another bill to be paid, nothing more. Removing draft picks is the only thing that actually hurts, and even then anything after the third round isn’t especially meaningful.

I don’t think anybody wants a forfeit, not even the Steelers.

I think very last resort is move it to Thursday and move the Sunday games for both teams to the following Tuesday. They could move it to week 18 if that doesn’t work but that would be rewarding the Ravens as they would surely have everyone back.

As for punishment, fines are a complete and utter waste of time, they are an inconvenience for teams, another bill to be paid, nothing more. Removing draft picks is the only thing that actually hurts, and even then anything after the third round isn’t especially meaningful.

If the game is a forfeit neither team gets paid so everyone loses.
    The fact the NFL fines the Saints 500k and a 7th round pick for maskless celebrations against Tampa could mean it starts getting serious for the Ravens.

If the game is a forfeit neither team gets paid so everyone loses.
    The fact the NFL fines the Saints 500k and a 7th round pick for maskless celebrations against Tampa could mean it starts getting serious for the Ravens.

NFL have started their investigation and the Ravens can expect a fairly severely punishment I think. Losing the thanksgiving prime time game will have made the league furious but then again they are so inconsistent in terms of how they treat teams you never know.

Seems it's postponed again until Wednesday (Thursday morning here)

Seems it's postponed again until Wednesday (Thursday morning here)

No word about pushing the Washington game back so looks like they’ll be playing again on three days rest.

I’m glad they are playing the game at least and not pushing it out to week 18 or whatever.

No word about pushing the Washington game back so looks like they’ll be playing again on three days rest.

I’m glad they are playing the game at least and not pushing it out to week 18 or whatever.

Only thing I seen about the washington game was possibly moving it to Monday night but that seemed to be just some twitter talk.

• Advertisement

Only thing I seen about the washington game was possibly moving it to Monday night but that seemed to be just some twitter talk.

Brutal stretch of games coming up, 3 in 12 days. Sensible thing would be to push the Washington game back a day

Advertisement