1. The purpose of this forum is the discussion of one of the few things we all have in common and that’s smoking.
2. There is no talk of smoking illegal substances in here, the forum isn’t for that and the poster will be warned, following a second offence, they will be banned.
3. Not everyone enjoys smoking, and some people think that its disgusting filthy habit these people are not welcomed here. Those with an anti-smoking axe to grind or simply looking for support while you stop smoking please post in the Giving Up Smoking forum, not here. This forum is to discuss the positives of our habit. While we don’t encourage people to start smoking we will discuss the positives of smoking.
4. Fun posts are welcomed, but try not to go off topic and have respect for the poster.
5. Posts containing personal attacks on another user will be edited/deleted & the user will be banned.
6. Topics/posts that are just complete nonsense will be deleted, and the poster will be warned. After the first warning it will lead to a banning on the forum.
7. Text speak, this is banned simple as that not much to complain about.
8. Also normal rules apply, no spamming, flaming, trolling etc.
If you have a problem or need help, please send Hill Billy or Oldgoat a private message. Do not discuss it in the forum.
If you come across a suspect post in the forum, please don't hesitate to use the "report this post" button.
You Must be Over 18 to Post Here
The legal age at which you can purchase tobacco products smoke in the Republic of Ireland is eighteen.
This forum does not promote underage smoking.
This forum is for entertainment and information purposes only. Boards.ie can accept no responsibility for the actions of the readers of the Smoking forum pursuant to any of the information presented here. The Smoking forum does not recommend, encourage, or condone smoking by persons under 18 or for whom it is otherwise illegal to smoke. Boards.ie accept no responsibility for the contents of the sites hyperlinked from the Smoking forum.
Black Market Tobacco
There is to be no discussion of where/how to purchase black market tobacco products.
Do not use this forum to ask for/give advice on how to avoid paying excise duties.EU Customs and excise site
How many can I bring in?*
From within the EU, as many as you want, but you may be asked to explain yourself if you have more than 800. The customs officers' decision on whether they believe your story or not is final.
You can only bring 200 into the EU from outside, regardless of whether you paid duty when you bought them or not.
*Thanks to BeerNut for the succinct answer
There is to be no discussion of Headshop Products in this forum, it is for the sole discussion of the smoking and use of Tobacco products: i.e., pipe tobacco, cigars, cigarillos, loose rolling tobacco, pre-rolled cigarettes, chewing tobacco and snuff.
Dispute Resolution Procedure
If you have a problem with an action of one of the forum moderators, please follow the boards.ie Dispute Resolution Procedure.