Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Star Trek Online

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

humanji wrote: »
    I started playing this again the other day just to see what it's like now, and it's really come along. I'm not too far into it, but it really if fun. I still haven't a clue what I'm doing in some sections (and how the hell do you use schematics?), but it's all put together really well.

Of the too big space franchise games(this and Star Wars Old Republic), I prefer this. I still think SWTOR is a great game, but it doesn't feel too Star Wars-ish, where as this is all Star Trek, through and through.

To use schematics in crafting you craft the one that matches the final item you wish to craft for example personal shield. The schematic is cheap to craft mats wise and when done appears in your inventory. You then need the other mats + schematic listed under the item you wise to craft. If some items on the list are in red it means you don't have enough of that mat.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Cheers. They could have made that a little easier to understand in the game text.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Eye of Orion

To be fair though, I just wanted Eve Online, with a better combat system, and ships from Star Trek.

Indeed, Eve without the lose your ship for real part.....

I lost 2 abaddons to idiocy, and never went back just out of anger haha. I find the community in STO quite poor, no one helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Wossack

have been playing this for about a week now - enjoying it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

I've been playing for a couple of days now and am enjoying it. Decided to take a trip to Deep Space 9 today and won some Latinum by playing Dabo. It's a nice feature.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

I'm enjoying it, popping in to do a mission or two once a week

Oh, I'm able to make a Klingon char now, should I bother? (heard the content for Klingons is minimal)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Oh, I'm able to make a Klingon char now, should I bother? (heard the content for Klingons is minimal)

go on ya wanna have a mars bar head toon

go on ya wanna have a mars bar head toon
    Yeah think I'm gonna make one, I can't think of a good Klingon sounding name :(

Whats the Klingon content like?

I have to say I love this game

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The Klingon content is pretty similar to the random Federation content. I haven't played too much with them, but there's a few storylines and mostly system exploration. It's slightly different to the Feds, but nothing major.

• Advertisement

humanji wrote: »
    The Klingon content is pretty similar to the random Federation content. I haven't played too much with them, but there's a few storylines and mostly system exploration. It's slightly different to the Feds, but nothing major.
    Cheers, I'm giving it a go now so I'll report back

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭EL WOG

I have a Lvl 50 federation and lvl 30 klingon and still like the game alot.
    if you play the episodes, its like a single player mmo with some very good storys. I understand when someone says the ground combat is bad. but its the smaller part of the game. and i have played the game without ever paying a cent. I have only converted in game currency to C points and spent that. and with only 2 very easy and quick missions, you will currently get about 6 C points per char per day. so it does add up fast. i average about 20 to 25 a day with two char. and i am not grinding C points. i could double that easy.

I am looking for an irish fleet, or people interested in starting one.

El WOG

I'd be interested

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭EL WOG

we need a mon of 5 people to currently create a fleet, there are a few other rules, but i think we should be ok. but they say that maybe after the season 6 update, they will reduce the 5 headcount requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Marcus Suridius

Anyone from here still play this, was looking to setup a fleet and said I would see if any Irish people have a fleet.

If anyone still plays this I have a fleet called Forgotten Phoenix, hoping to find a few more Irish or UK players to join. If anyone see's this and is interested in joining or even doing a few missions add me ingame MarkMcDermott@Irish_Mark is my nick.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Can anyone tell me how the hell i get energy?
    I've just been promoted to Lt. Commander yet cant upgrade my ship as i dont have any

Can anyone tell me how the hell i get energy?
    I've just been promoted to Lt. Commander yet cant upgrade my ship as i dont have any

You don't need energy credits to upgrade your ship only if you want to buy parts for it like weapons or engines. To get EC you can do missions and sell stuff you get to vendors on Earth Space Dock and use that to save or buy stuff.

I can send you some EC ingame if you want, just add me Marcus Suridius@Irish_Mark

If you have problems just pm me and ill try help you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,637 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

You don't need energy credits to upgrade your ship only if you want to buy parts for it like weapons or engines. To get EC you can do missions and sell stuff you get to vendors on Earth Space Dock and use that to save or buy stuff.

I can send you some EC ingame if you want, just add me Marcus Suridius@Irish_Mark

If you have problems just pm me and ill try help you.

cheers, i realised then i can sell the stuff that ive picked up on my inventory!

Cheers appreciate the offer!

Always go to ESD vendor who sells Personal Equipment because they give around 50% more than others and only recycle stuff rarely because they can be worth a few quid.

Feel free to add me if you want to buzz on a few missions, if you see the Celtic Lady flying about thats me :P

• Advertisement

Always go to ESD vendor who sells Personal Equipment because they give around 50% more than others and only recycle stuff rarely because they can be worth a few quid.

Feel free to add me if you want to buzz on a few missions, if you see the Celtic Lady flying about thats me :P

Now idea what the ESD vendor is.. will jump on tomorrow evening so will pop you a message then

Now idea what the ESD vendor is.. will jump on tomorrow evening so will pop you a message then

No worries, ill show you around when your on.

No worries, ill show you around when your on.

actually, need to get myself a headset first, let me sort that and then ill send you a message

• Registered Users Posts: 12,131 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

The next expanion is out shortly and takes the story to the Dominion and Gamma Quadrant

http://comicbook.com/startrek/2018/05/24/star-trek-online-victory-is-life-release-date/

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

just got it on the xbox? is it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

Ok worst game ever

Advertisement