Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favorite Crisps

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭snoopboggybog

I do like the odd Tayto Cheese and Onion sandwich on white bread laced with butter from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

I do like the odd Tayto Cheese and Onion sandwich on white bread laced with butter from time to time.

End thread, we've got a winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Scampi Fries

Particularly delicious with a pint of beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,715 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Best cheese and onion are probably Tayto or walkers
    Best Thai sweet chilli are walkers, no doubt
    Best salt and vinegar, and I’ve done extensive research into this, is O’Donnells
    Best tub crisp is surprisingly Aldi’s version of Pringles. My fave being plain ol ready Salted

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'd make bits of a bag a Tayto Thai Rings.
    Oriental flavour.

Jayyyyysus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Jonny onion rings

Umm

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭cbreeze

smiths-scampi-fries-planetcandy-600x800.jpg

Smiths used to do a snack called Cheese Moments, but I can't find it anywhere :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Walkers Max Cheese and Onion

No other cheese and onion crisp comes close.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Monster Munch
    Doritos Tangy Cheese
    Bbq Hula Hoops.

Walkers prawn cocktail ............ beautiful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

aldi Cassidy’s brand are actually really nice.

Augeo wrote: »
    Walkers prawn cocktail ............ beautiful

Tayto prawn cocktail nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

5390248510016_3.JPG
    5011096004433_3.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

cbreeze wrote: »
    Smiths used to do a snack called Cheese Moments, but I can't find it anywhere :(

I always see them advertised on the cardboard that the Scampi Fries come on but I've never actually seen them in any shop/pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

The fancy salt and vinegar taytos are the dream.
    I also like velvet crunch when I'm trying to be skinny (lol).

These bad boys are canadian and are AMAZING:

Lay_s_Potato_Chips_Ketchup_255G_d4e458fe-d624-44de-8bee-50356fed9761_1024x1024.jpg?v=1588923204

I always see them advertised on the cardboard that the Scampi Fries come on but I've never actually seen them in any shop/pub.

Many say this particular species of Smiths pub treats are actually extinct. They're often photographed in the wild along side scampi fries and bacon fries but i've never had them. They're the snow leopard of savoury snacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Prawn crackers from the Chinese.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Had them years ago. Wasn’t mad on them but not bad for a change every so often

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Somebody asked about Sam Spudz crisps earlier in the thread. Largo foods bought them out in 1996 and phased out the brand in favour of their own Hunky Dorys brand and the crinkle cut smokey bacon crisp was no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

never_mind wrote: »

Lay_s_Potato_Chips_Ketchup_255G_d4e458fe-d624-44de-8bee-50356fed9761_1024x1024.jpg?v=1588923204

Walkers (same company) do them in the UK. My daughter is mad about them. Not sold in Ireland for some reason. Very tasty.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭LeYouth

never_mind wrote: »

You just couldn't get a more off putting imagine on the front of a bag of crisps if you tried. Dear god.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Cheezels in the blue packet that looked like Chickatees.

I have tried many "cheese" snacks none come close and most are mank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

The best crisps I ever had were king luxury, or king pub crisps, circa 1990 in a pub.

The flavour was explosive matched with ice cold coke in a glass.

The packet was navy, it's a memory I have anyway.

Possible that it was so good is because 10yo me must have been starving while my dad was watching one of the italia 90 world cup matches and forgot I existed for several hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭playonplayette

Anyone remember Farmer Browns?

Use to hang around with this fella and wind his older sister up saying she fancied this local fella, Tom Brown (his surname was brown.) She worked in a kiosk and we'd go up and ask for loads of sweets and at the end point towards the Farmer Brown crisps behind the counter and say 'and eh just a packet of those Tommy Browns there aswell please' and she'd lean down to get them, realise half way, jump back up and tell is to ****off :pac:

If I could only choose one and never eat the others ever again, I'd choose King. They're my standard go to crisp.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Do they even make them still.

Nope, not for a couple of decades and that fact is nothing short of criminal

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

Crisps: Tayto or King cheese and onion. O'Donnell's Hickory or Ballymaloe relish. All of the above work great alongside a crusty sandwich roll!
    Keoghs or O'Donnell's (better) salt and vinegar. Kettle do nice crisps as well. Can't have salt and vinegar with a sandwich...just doesn't work!
    Corn Snacks: Chipsticks or monster/mighty munch or Johnny onion rings or rancheros. Snax get a look in too but slightly too dry. Definitely agree with the comment that the mini chips have become bland, bland, bland.
    Anyone remember Burger bites?
    None of the above corn snacks work with a sandwich. They can only be paired with a fizzy drink or a chewy bar of some description.
    I know me crisps and corn snacks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

The best crisps I ever had were king luxury, or king pub crisps, circa 1990 in a pub.

Possible that it was so good is because 10yo me must have been starving while my dad was watching one of the italia 90 world cup matches and forgot I existed for several hours.
    King Pub crisps were a step above alright. Good soakage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

I love crisps. Rancheros are amazing, but I have a few wierd combinations I like too.

Tayto/king cheese and onion doused in vinegar.
    Chipsticks dipped in Nutella.

There is an Indian brand of snacks that would powerhouse the insides out of you as well but I can never find them in Ireland. They are savage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

The nicest crisps ever. Where have they gone?!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 77 ✭✭Matmania

King used to do a corn snack called crunch-cho. Fav crisp growing up. 12p at the time when most where 20p.

Advertisement