Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,499 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

joujoujou wrote: »
    The worst ever delivery time from China I got in mid 2015 - something like 5 or 6 months, don't remember now. :o

The fastest ever - last week. Aliexpress purchase on 24th of December, China post, arrived here on 5th of January. :D

But, I made 10 purchases on that day, and only one came so far, so average throughput will be worse, obviously. :cool:

Update: 8 out of 10 purchases already with me. One as above and 7 more last week and a week before. So in most cases 4-5 weeks. 2 items still on their way. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

My (split) order was dispatched from China on Dec 4th, still not arrived.
    The tracking said it arrived in Ireland on Dec 16th & Dec 26th.

So Irish customs are taking their sweet time.
    Although they certainly processed a phone I ordered swiftly and immediately charged me import duty and An Post processing fees for that... so there must be some priority in place on the parcels ? Fast tracking ones they can charge ?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

My (split) order was dispatched from China on Dec 4th, still not arrived.
    The tracking said it arrived in Ireland on Dec 16th & Dec 26th.

So Irish customs are taking their sweet time.
    Although they certainly processed a phone I ordered swiftly and immediately charged me import duty and An Post processing fees for that... so there must be some priority in place on the parcels ? Fast tracking ones they can charge ?

Mail and Packets generally go to the Dublin (airport)MC, Parcels go through Portlaoise MC and maybe athlone.

If the tracking numbers start with a number rather than a letter then its the cheapest possible consignment and gives way to all other mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Don't give up hope people. My package arrived this morning.

Posted 22nd Nov - 86 days in transit. Nearly ordered replacements yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Anybody got any idea what's going on ?.
    I e-mailed An Post but so far no reply.
    I am beginning to trust An Post now about as much as I trust the Priests, Bankers and Guards :mad:

• Advertisement

archer22 wrote: »
    Anybody got any idea what's going on ?.
    I e-mailed An Post but so far no reply.
    I am beginning to trust An Post now about as much as I trust the Priests, Bankers and Guards :mad:

If I was a cynical man I would say it's just business as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭Jimmy Garlic

Usually everything arrives. A lot of times stuff from China arrives the old fashioned way by sea so that's why there is often big delays.

Usually everything arrives. A lot of times stuff from China arrives the old fashioned way by sea so that's why there is often big delays.

Almost all the shipping numbers I have are China and Hong Kong air mail.
    Given that items are liable for refund if shipping is not in reasonable timeframe, no vendor would ship surface...knowing he would be liable to give refund :eek:

Even surface mail is 3-4wks. 12wks is an massive exception, in no way normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Ive had 2 deliverys this week from november, i dont think the problem is with anpost as once the items get here they tend to deliver within a day. I remember a few years back long delays from china coming up to christmas but theres definitely an exeption recently

• Advertisement

5500 wrote: »
    Ive had 2 deliverys this week from november, i dont think the problem is with anpost as once the items get here they tend to deliver within a day. I remember a few years back long delays from china coming up to christmas but theres definitely an exeption recently
    I have checked through the feedback on sites I bought from and there is loads of thanks for fast shipping and delivery.So I seriously doubt the problem is anything to do with China or Hong Kong.And anyhow what are the chances of both China and Hong Kong post having such problems and nobody bothering to fix it?...that does not sound like China ;).

At the end of the day the question is who gains from this?...and I can see only one can benefit...and thats the one who gets nothing out of the transactions only the expense and nuisance of sorting and delivering this ever growing number of packages from China.
    I can see how it would be in their interest to cause a few problems to try to reduce the volume and deter customers from buying and vendors from shipping.

Anpost have no control over the items before they arrive in ireland so i cant see how the finger can be pointed at them if they are delivering within a day of the items arriving here, so that debunks them sitting on container loads of mail for weeks on end in the hope it deters people buying from china.

As an aside i also have packages that i sent to parcel wizard in october, thinking it would be quicker and they still have not arrived but have updated tracking from last month, some of my mates are in the same situation with items from november sent to parcel motel, both use royal mail as the middleman, i doubt they are also holding up mail as a deterrant.

From my own experience the sellers in china couldnt care less if it takes a day or a year for you to get a package, once they get paid theyll do their best to keep your money and fob you off as long as they can, so i dont think the chinese would be in such a hurry to fix said problem, once they have your money thats all they care about.

From my own experience the sellers in china couldnt care less if it takes a day or a year for you to get a package, once they get paid theyll do their best to keep your money and fob you off as long as they can, so i dont think the chinese would be in such a hurry to fix said problem, once they have your money thats all they care about.

Not with Ali, after 60 days users can ask them not to extend and instead refund. Several on here have done that.

Im not sure if we can determine who CNPost use for onward logistics when mail reaches Europe.

Anpost have no control over the items before they arrive in ireland so i cant see how the finger can be pointed at them if they are delivering within a day of the items arriving here, so that debunks them sitting on container loads of mail for weeks on end in the hope it deters people buying from china.

As an aside i also have packages that i sent to parcel wizard in october, thinking it would be quicker and they still have not arrived but have updated tracking from last month, some of my mates are in the same situation with items from november sent to parcel motel, both use royal mail as the middleman, i doubt they are also holding up mail as a deterrant.

Yes An Post delivers the day after the item has been scanned...that does not mean that was the day it arrived in Ireland.
    As for "sellers in China couldnt care less" well I don't know who you buy from there but my experience with them from sites such as Ebay, Aliexpress and ChinaBuye is that they care very much and their customer care is excellent...they are after subject to feedback scores and poor feedback will wreck a business...They are also liable to lose money if the item does not arrive within a certain time.

As for not being in a hurry to fix a problem...oh really you think they have got to where they are by being lazy careless slobs :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Had something shipped February 2nd, arrived yesterday :eek:

Previous order shipped end of October, arrived two weeks ago :D

Still on 2/4 here. Gonna be a real record if they do show.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭Tow

Got two packet shipped the end of December today. Still 3 others from before them MIA.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭waterfaerie

I ordered three items on ebay from China in mid October. One didn't arrive until January and the other two have still not arrived. Both sellers sent replacements in December, which also have not arrived.

I also ordered 17 items from Aliexpress on 11/11 and 15 of them have arrived so far. Only about half of those arrived within 60 days. The first one arrived very quickly, on the 28th of November and the latest one arrived just last week. I've already been refunded for the remaining two items but am still hoping they might arrive eventually.

There is definitely something up because I have ordered plenty from China over the years and have never had this problem. The longest I've ever waited before was about 2 months but it was usually less than that. It can't be a coincidence that all of a sudden lots of orders are taking this long or not arriving at all.

Well An Post finally got around to replying to my e-mail (only took them a week to answer) :rolleyes:.
    Anyhow their reply was that I should receive all international mail within 7 to 10 days, yeah right 7 - 10 days like that was ever normal from east or south east Asia :D.

Don't think there is much point asking them anymore questions.

Guess we might never solve the mystery...on the plus side there are a few items still managing to struggle through...1 this week and one two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭dohouch

Asked for refund today after wait of 75 days

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Got my order today - 22 calendar days. Not bad at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Received four deliveries this week from different shippers. All left China either last week of January or first week of February.

Hopefully things getting back to normal.

I have noticed on a fair number of items coming from China that if there is no registered post on delivery that the times are very long.
    e.g. one item bought in oct only arrived a week ago (after more than 4 months). there was some free tracking on this and it had indicated as arriving in Ireland in November!

I've had really bad times on multiple items in the last 6 months compared to what it used to be. if it's registered it's usually not too bad.

am I paranoid here or is there now a policy to delay stuff from China/outside eu where no duty is being paid (under the customs limit).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I don't think the is any policy to delay stuff from China but afaik there is no incentive to expedite delivery. From what my postman says (if you can believe him) An Post gets paid so little to deliver mail from China that they aren't going to make it a priority.

There's a big thread here. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057689533

Stuff seems to be getting through in the end. I waited 12 weeks for stuff ordered in November.

I think that something is going on IN IRELAND.
    I had one low-value item that on free partial tracking said that it got to Ireland in November - only received it mid Feb.
    I'm guessing that the stuff is just being left in a warehouse/container somewhere as the lowest priority because An Post gets feck all money from delivering it.
    My advice is to pay that bit extra for tracking / registered post as it seems to get a better priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

I'm expecting a parcel from China Post Registered. On the tracker, the last update is February 16th, saying "leaving Beijing Airport going to next airport/seaport"

Do I need to be concerned that there's no further update, or is it perfectly normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Thoie wrote: »
    I'm expecting a parcel from China Post Registered. On the tracker, the last update is February 16th, saying "leaving Beijing Airport going to next airport/seaport"

Do I need to be concerned that there's no further update, or is it perfectly normal?

Normal. Type that CNxxxxxR number into AnPost tracking, it will pop up eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Give it about 3 more weeks though. You'll never get it that fast from China direct to Ireland.

Waiting 2 months currently on stuff. Don't mind the wait.

• Advertisement

2 deliverys yesterday by anpost for 2 items shipped from china on the 14th

Advertisement