Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guns N' Roses Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

wawaman wrote: »
    European tour has officially been called off the band have said. Will be making announcements with local promoters soon

Something to look forward to next Summer.

This is pretty cool. 'Hardschool' with NITL footage. Probably won't last long on youtube.

I'll be surprised if that's still left up by this time tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 39,438 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Yeah that won't last but I've heard hardschool and I like it. Be nice to an album version of it. I really like the tour footage though and hopefully we at least see that at some point. I recognise some of the clips but some are new and what I like is that duff, axl and slash have put the **** behind them.

For a song recorded around 1999/2000, it does sound great.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    For a song recorded around 1999/2000, it does sound great.

Which is why Chinese democracy should have been released years before it was. I see the Freddie mercury tribute show was streamed on their YouTube Chanel and the foofighters put a 2008 concert up. I mean surely this **** isn't hard in 2020. But it's GNR.

I watched this on youtube this morning. It's a little BBC documentary on GNR's photographer friend Robert John from the 90s (called 'Guns N' Roses: The Photographic History'). The quality is ****e but it features the band talking frankly and features the band jamming 'Nightrain' with Izzy singing. It seems like there's more to this documentary than 8 minutes but that's all I could find.:(

EDIT: I found the whole thing HERE

So it seems the latest reason why guns n roses is now 12 years and counting since it's last album is because of coronavirus. That and other nuggets of wisdom came from the so called manager of GNR fernando.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    So it seems the latest reason why guns n roses is now 12 years and counting since it's last album is because of coronavirus. That and other nuggets of wisdom came from the so called manager of GNR fernando.

For a supposed manager, he's not very good at his job is? I mean, could you imagine what could be done if this band had professional management running the show behind the scenes?

As for Coronavirus being a reason for not releasing new stuff, what an absolute cop out.

I came across a Chinese streaming site (similar to youtube) called bilibili. You don't have to log in or download anything to watch. I will delete this post if it breaks any forum rules (i.e. if it is only youtube clips we are allowed post).

Here are some links to vintage Guns N'Roses gig:

Melbourne 1988 - I think this is from Melbourne, I could be wrong. There's a blog post on that Oz tour here. I haven't ever seen footage from this gig before and it's really raw and rockin'.

Saskatoon, Canada 1993 - This is a highlight from the UYI tour. The boys are on fire and the quality is crystal.

Chicago 1992 - I used to have this on DVD, bought from Zhivago in Galway. :D

I'm sure some of this stuff is on youtube. I'm only sharing this 'cause it's **** I'd like to see if I hadn't seen it already. It's good to share :p

• Advertisement

Found the mythical House Of Blues 2001 show on that site.. The same show Slash was reportedly banned from.

Early years of the 2000's were seriously squandered.

For a supposed manager, he's not very good at his job is? I mean, could you imagine what could be done if this band had professional management running the show behind the scenes?

As for Coronavirus being a reason for not releasing new stuff, what an absolute cop out.

Well no not really. I mean it's not all his fault because even though axl seems happier these days he still needs to okay stuff but that works on the assumption he's been the truth about things from the so called team Brazil doesn't seem likely.

Well no not really. I mean it's not all his fault because even though axl seems happier these days he still needs to okay stuff but that works on the assumption he's been the truth about things from the so called team Brazil doesn't seem likely.

Yet somehow a children's book based on Sweet Child O' Mine can be ready for release, and not whatever Axl's got stashed away. As I said above, the early years of the millennium were squandered.

They've finally managed to release live footage, select cuts from the Not In This Lifetime Tour. Don't know if it's going to be a regular thing going forward.

They've finally managed to release live footage, select cuts from the Not In This Lifetime Tour. Don't know if it's going to be a regular thing going forward.

That was 13 minutes of meh. I mean I suppose we should be thankful that there is some pro shot footage that is officially out there but the audio wasn't great and bar the few times we see axl you'd be forgiven for thinking he wasn't actually there. Also, they picked three safe songs that axl doesn't sound awful on.

Jesus I'd never have written the above five or ten years ago. I'd have been writing overly positive posts and saying how amazing it was. This band recently has just lowered my "give a ****" meter.

That was 13 minutes of meh. I mean I suppose we should be thankful that there is some pro shot footage that is officially out there but the audio wasn't great and bar the few times we see axl you'd be forgiven for thinking he wasn't actually there. Also, they picked three safe songs that axl doesn't sound awful on.

Jesus I'd never have written the above five or ten years ago. I'd have been writing overly positive posts and saying how amazing it was. This band recently has just lowered my "give a ****" meter.

If that's honestly the best they can do, then I'll stick with fan shot footage. Whoever mixed it as well, oof not a great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

that's about as bad a live mix I've ever heard released for a famous act. for a band that's as guarded as GNR are about releasing stuff, its doubly surprising. Axl's voice is shot on Chinese Democracy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

If that's honestly the best they can do, then I'll stick with fan shot footage. Whoever mixed it as well, oof not a great job.

Straight from the soundboard I'd say.

Straight from the soundboard I'd say.

And so was the audio from Metallica's Slane Castle gig. I don't know who mixes front of house for Guns N' Roses, but maybe they need a chat with Metallica's guy.

Then again, it's an unfair comparison to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I remember thinking the sound was great at Slane haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

Christ almighty that is woeful stuff! Why would you even bother...

Matt Sorum's book has been delayed, but it's in the wild, and good lord it's a **** show read.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Hi, does anyone have an update re their concert , has it been rescheduled or are we getting refunds?

Matt Sorum's book has been delayed, but it's in the wild, and good lord it's a **** show read.

I've seen bits of it and is it just me or does he come across as a complete pain in the hole ? I wouldn't say I've had a extremely positive or negative opinion on Matt sorum before seeing bits of the book but it says something when Steven Adlers book while not a fun read is at time an enjoyable read which this book doesn't seem to be.

I've seen bits of it and is it just me or does he come across as a complete pain in the hole ? I wouldn't say I've had a extremely positive or negative opinion on Matt sorum before seeing bits of the book but it says something when Steven Adlers book while not a fun read is at time an enjoyable read which this book doesn't seem to be.

He does come across as that alright/someone who doesn't like being 2nd fiddle. Praised Coma & Locomotive in '91, only to contradict himself in the book.

As far as books on GN'R go. It's Duff's, Slash's, Steven's, Axl's unauthorized biography (penned by Mick Wall) Matt's.

Is it any wonder that GNR fans get a bad rep amongst music fanbases. Mellisa reese gave an interview with rolling stone magazine taking about her life and her becoming a member of Guns N' Roses. And what is one message board devoting pages and pages to ? Her age and how some think she is lying about her age. One person went and found her year books from high school ffs. Yes, I know we need to talk about something given we are short on topics but Jesus h Christ that's what they decide to waste time on ? It's one thing about this thread is that if there's nothing to say then this thread doesn't have activity.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I was reading part of a message board (maybe the same) and it’s definitely creepy how much detail the posters get into. This one was a thread about Slash’s girlfriend.
    That interview while interesting was a bit painful to read. He was like wooaaahh and I was like woooaahh and he was like yo dude. Ffs

I read the article about Melissa, and I guess the writer for Rolling Stone couldn't be arsed to research, but Melissa wasn't the first female member in the band.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I read the article about Melissa, and I guess the writer for Rolling Stone couldn't be arsed to research, but Melissa wasn't the first female member in the band.

who was?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

PTH2009 wrote: »
    who was?

The Use Your Illusion touring group had a load of ladies on vocals and brass

Advertisement